Trying To Find Favorite Brand Of Garlic Chili Oil

otissp

Howdy.... When I was in the US, I used to buy large quantities of this ground chili garlic oil:

http://ctfood.se/product.asp?id=1082

http://www.ustrading...sp?itemid=21234

However, I've never been able to find it in Thailand! I've looked everywhere.This is odd as it says "Made in thailand" on it.

I've found many "garlic chili oils" but none of them get the taste quite right like my favorite kind. The main problem is they all put in sugar. I don't want sugar!!!! NO STIMULATION OF THE SWEET TASTE BUDS is what I need, but somehow they always feel compelled to completely ruin a potentially perfectly good spicy chili garlic oil by dumping sugar in it, just to ruin it.

Has anyone seen this specific brand of garlic chili oil anywhere in thailand?

Thanks-

post-115162-0-78337700-1314270265_thumb.

post-115162-0-73024900-1314270271_thumb.

Edited by otissp

That stuff looks familiar but no haven't seen it in Thailand either.

I know not the same but in Thailand I use the Chinese brand Lee (LKK) chili garlic SAUCE, not oil. Doesn't taste sweet to me.

For other purposes I use Thai brand from Villa Market, Kitchen 88 Shanghai Chili paste, good for stir fries or even a side condiment.

Edited by Jingthing

:whistling:

No, never seen it here. The illustration you showed us is from a product distributed by a U.S. distributor and is made by a company called JHC. Are you absolutely sure it is made in Thailand, because there is also Vietnamese writing on the label? I would think it may possibly actually be made in Vietnam. The reason you can't find it in Thailand is because it was probably be relabeled or rebottled for the U.S. market, so if it is sold here in Thailand at all, it probably has a different name here.

------------------------

Found the company. It's made by Jack Hua Company (JHC)

Address: 3333/22 SUDPRASERT ROAD, BANGKLO, YANNAWA, BANGKOK, THAILAND

Tel: (662)291-6108, 291-6694

Fax: (662)291-1227

E-mail : [email protected]

They may only sell in bulk, but if you can get them to understand what you want, they may be able to tell you

where you can buy it in Thailand.

Now say thank you.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

No, never seen it here. The illustration you showed us is from a product distributed by a U.S. distributor and is made by a company called JHC. Are you absolutely sure it is made in Thailand, because there is also Vietnamese writing on the label? I would think it may possibly actually be made in Vietnam. The reason you can't find it in Thailand is because it was probably be relabeled or rebottled for the U.S. market, so if it is sold here in Thailand at all, it probably has a different name here.

------------------------

They may only sell in bulk, but if you can get them to understand what you want, they may be able to tell you

Now say thank you.

Whoopee -doo ,aren't you asking a lot? I give practical answers to many O.P.s.If I got a 10% response rate, I am of the opinion ,That I have done very well. Most farang ,here ,are most probably ruder than their Thai cousins. Clear now?

Those are two different brands of the same product, both have Vietnamese, Thai and English writing on the label.

The one on the right hand side says product of Thailand on the label.

Probably made in Thailand for export to Vietnam, then re exported.

------------------------

Now say thank you.

That definitely deserves a thank you... I will email them first and maybe call them later if they dont write back. I wouldnt mind buying a couple of cases if that's the minimum order, they may last me a few years but what the heck. I can give some away as gifts.

I've seen these all over the place in the US but have never been able to find it in thailand. I always thought it would be easy to find in thailand as they have thai text on the bottle and they're made in thailand, but no such luck.

I'll get in touch with jack hua..... thanks!

Ok well here's the bottom line... called Jack Hua. They said that they are export-only. They don't sell to anyone in Thailand. They said they don't know if anyone in Thailand sells their stuff, if they did, it would be a re-import deal.

Anyway, that sucks.

If anyone knows of something similar to this stuff - very hot (well by thai standards, maybe medium-hot), very garlicky, very oily, not the SLIGHTEST TRACE of sugar in it - let me know! Thanks.