Urgent Scorpion Or Takarp Biten My Right Hand

surayu

I had a lucky escape from a scorpion in our bed early this year, fortunately it stung my partner not me; she quickly cleaned sting with antiseptic, took some paracetamol and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep and stayed up from about 4am.

Two weeks ago got told a takarp had bitten her mother on her upper chest area, of course I asked how it was (I expect it had nausea, vomiting etc) . . . points for diplomacy . . . but she survived, painkillers.

We'd commonly get scorpions and takarps there on the farm around the laundry/toilet areas and always very careful never to go in at night before the slow fluoro lights were on properly.

I had a lucky escape from a scorpion in our bed early this year, fortunately it stung my partner not me; she quickly cleaned sting with antiseptic, took some paracetamol and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep and stayed up from about 4am.

Two weeks ago got told a takarp had bitten her mother on her upper chest area, of course I asked how it was (I expect it had nausea, vomiting etc) . . . points for diplomacy . . . but she survived, painkillers.

We'd commonly get scorpions and takarps there on the farm around the laundry/toilet areas and always very careful never to go in at night before the slow fluoro lights were on properly.

What a puss! Happy it stung your female bed partner instead - shame on you!

Just been bitten by a scorpion - The first place you come for help is Thaivisa??

Rather sad....

What's sad is shyster posters who troll or don't contribute anything. :jerk:

TV is not just about bitching and inane dross, there's also some useful info on here. Rather than rushing off to the hospital in a panic, unknowing that this is not life-threatening, op sought possible remedies from a source likely to contain them. Seems pretty switched on to me.

Just been bitten by a scorpion - The first place you come for help is Thaivisa??

Rather sad....

What's sad is shyster posters who troll or don't contribute anything. :jerk:

TV is not just about bitching and inane dross, there's also some useful info on here. Rather than rushing off to the hospital in a panic, unknowing that this is not life-threatening, op sought possible remedies from a source likely to contain them. Seems pretty switched on to me.

yes....but would he do the same for an unknown snake....that happens to be poisonous ?? How long until a TV member in the know logs on and tells him the truth ??.....would he be able to answer by then ??

If you are that worried about something....you should go to a doc.

Wife was bitten on foot by a "brown" one about a month ago. I started a thread on Pattaya Addicts on it but general consensus was that unless you're allergic to the sting then Diclofenic or Ibuprefen will ease any swelling and after 3-4 hours you're fine.

She put an elastic band around her ankle and said no problem only a big crab !!

...doesn't it f..g hurt though..jeesh??..like someone poured acid into your blood or something..

Hi, it's been more than 12 hours now, and it still hurts, what a nasty little buggers those scorpions are, i have been stung by bees, wasps and even bumble bees when i was a kid, but it was nothing like this!.

Yes i do have a "acid" sensation, as if i had eaten something that i shouldn't, also a medium nausea and sore blood vessel into my whole right arm.

Yesterday i wanted to take out the venom but i couldn't see where the little sting's holes are, as i was handling with bare hands the garden wastage, i do have a few scratches all around it, but i can't be sure which one is the right one, i am not familiar on how it should look like, it's my first scorpion's sting ever :lol:

Fingers still swell but less, i hope is going away soon as it's a rather annoying sensation, driving is going to be a challenge today, will be back tomorrow evening, bye all and thanks for your support :)

sympathies mate..sting area is just a reddish blob at point of sting but becomes unrecognizable after a day or so.usually the stings I receive don't start to hurt until maybe an hour after then it lasts for up to three days..the swelling (Finger stings blow up my hand like a Pillsbury dough boy) can take a week to go down..and you will feel <deleted> ...probably depressed too...like any small ailment methinks (gum boils,cold sores etc have the same effect on me)

Wife gets stung on the hand and the pain goes way up the armpit..same as groin area muscle pains exhibit with thigh and ankle pains...so they tell me..

All info just my experiences..ain't an expert...good luck it will end soon..promise..

.BUY SOME GOOD GARDEN GLOVES AND USE "EM...check inside before you put 'em on though...lol

"I had a lucky escape from a scorpion in our bed early this year, fortunately it stung my partner not me; she quickly cleaned sting with antiseptic, took some paracetamol and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep and stayed up from about 4am."

I hope thats ment in jest if not what a looser.

Sorry scorpions don't bite :( , they sting.:mellow: smaller the pincers the bigger the sting (pain) , the bigger the pincers the smaller the Sting (pain), by rule of thumb

My missus confirms this. She stood on one last year and her foot was numb for a week.

to #32 and #37

humour not your strong point?

and I suppose my 2nd para was beyond your limited capacity also.

suggest more sennapods in your tea, and loosen your adult diapers a notch.

and a note for #37. The word you are alluding to is loser.

Check your nametag.

Looser means something altogether different.

Wife was bitten on foot by a "brown" one about a month ago. I started a thread on Pattaya Addicts on it but general consensus was that unless you're allergic to the sting then Diclofenic or Ibuprefen will ease any swelling and after 3-4 hours you're fine.

She put an elastic band around her ankle and said no problem only a big crab !!

Those scorpion are a world apart from the crabs, believe me! :D

However, as they also have some kind of pinchers, maybe there is some truth to it, in my case anyway it injected some sort of venom into my fingers, there is no doubt about it as it travelled all the way into my arm's vessels and almost 48 hours later, they are still a little sore.

If you get stung, you must resist the first 2-3 hours, when the pain is at his worse, then it will become bearable little by little.

As i stated before, i had no visual contact with whatever created this, chances are that was one of those big black scorpions, the ones they eat :lol:

I know they are not lethal, so i decided to look for something to alleviate my pain on the internet, on Google i was finding lots of stuff about the american varietes which are really dangerous apparently, then i taunted my luck with the forum, thank you all again for the help, i will now make sure to have some of the medicinal quoted always at home for safe being and i would strongly suggest anyone exposed to this risk to do the same :thumbsup:

is this the same as a takarp?

Yes, you can also call it "Scolopendra".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra

Be extra carefull if you encounter one, as even if you chop him over in different parts, you will see those parts walking away on their own....and fast!

A few days ago i had to behead a little very bright green snake, i am sorry for them but i don't want to take any chances meeting them again on my path, i know they help us by eating frogs and rats, etc.. but i would rather prefer to chase the frogs and rats by myself if necessary :lol:

I'm jumping in on this thread a little late, but how are you feeling now?

Now i am fine thanks.

I just have a little pain in my wrist if i stretch it, but i think it's normal because i kept shaking my hand for at least 2 hours and almost without breaks to alleviate the pain, anytime i would stop the movement the pain would increase.