Urgent Scorpion Or Takarp Biten My Right Hand

surayu

Same happened to me 2 years ago...the little scorpion packs a punch.

Hurt like hell, felt it under the arm pits in the glands, agony for 3 hours.

Finally decided to go to the quack and the missus had lost the car keys....took over an hour to find them, by that time it was feeling little better.

hmm...

Just been bitten by a scorpion - The first place you come for help is Thaivisa??

Rather sad....

That's what a forum is also for, not just to write your abominations....

it's been 20 minutes or so, the pain in the 2 finger tips is very slowly fading away, still strong though!!! i can feel the venom is now into my hand and making the vessel into my wrist kind of sore.

Nobody have a name for a specific drug that might help?

Thanks to those that shared some valued info, not you RGS....

If you have same reaction as me....it comes and goes a little...feels ok for a bit like getting better then throbs back....it may work up to your armpits also.

It is nothing like a bad bee sting......I would prefer 10 wasps to this thing.

It did go away....but after maybe 4 hours or so.....no treatment except saying 'fuc_k' out loud.

Obviously if it gets very bad....go to the doc.

Edited by Dag

A scorpion bite hurts as hell, but in Thailand there are no lethal scorpions (unless alergic to the bite).

What most Thai people do, beside the whiskey, is putting balm on it.

Yep, as a rule the throbbing pain and swelling will pass with an average healthy individual.

Everyone and situation [and scorpion] will vary.

You can take any type of painkiller, there is no danger of interactions unless you are allergic to a particular painkiller.

If you have raw Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera based cream to put on the bite it can alleviate the pain a little.

right, the first thing i did by instinct was putting my hand under the cool tap water, then i keep shaking it as that movement seems to alleviate the very sharp pain, i then used a green thai balm against mosquito itchy bites( it works with the itch), but doesn't seems to have any good effect for the scorpion or scolopendra(takarp in thai) that was hideying on the between the dead banana's leafs, couldn't see anything but i am sure something very alive was in there! actually the green balm in this case seems to have made things a little worse as the other finger without it feels a little better

I am still improving, i hope i can sleep tonight.....

Can you be certain it was a scorpion/scolopendra, and not a snake or spider?

it was something having like an "armor" on the outside, it was not soft, i did feel it when i grabbed those leafs, definetely not a snake, also a spider would have felt differently.

Don't think it was a Scolopendra anymore as i read the pain is excruciating and constant for days.....while this is improving, so it must have been a scorpion.

The 2 fingers are now swell but not much and of a pink-reddish colour instead of pink-whitheish. A sensation of slight discomfort/soreness has now taked over the whole right arm, the sharp pain it's still with the 2 fingers and part of the hand too now, but 2/3 of the original pain.

I am going to take a tablet of "Sara" as it said it can relieve pains, basically is just a 500mg paracetamol tablet, not sure if it's ok, i give it a try....

hmm...

Just been bitten by a scorpion - The first place you come for help is Thaivisa??

Rather sad....

Indeed, should head to the nearest 7-11 for a bottle of cheap whisky, then seek medical advice here.

This is what he did. :(

hmm...

Rather sad....

Indeed, should head to the nearest 7-11 for a bottle of cheap whisky, then seek medical advice here.

This is what he did. :(

No, i didn't try to get the scorpion drunk and i do not drink either.

It's been more than 2 hours now and the whole arm feels kind of uncomfortable, hand and fingers feels like if i had just hammered them, nothing like the initial pain, so, if anyone get bitten by a scorpion in the future, this first hand (no pun intended) report might be of some comfort.

Thank you all :jap:

I put my jeans on one morning a few years ago,the pain when it bit me on the inside of my groin was like a hot stinging sensation and lasted about 3 hours,when it couldn't escape in my jeans it must of got angry and bit me,luckily it could of been worse i thought afterwards....but the swelling might have done me a favor! biggrin.gif

Glad to here you are feeling better the shock if you do not know how dangerous there venom is can be scary.

As someone said earlier there is no hard and fast rule about scorpion bites,allergic reactions can be fatal especially in children so it is no laughing matter when you get bitten.

First thing you should do, and this also pertains to wasp and bee stings, is to take 2 antihistamine tablets.

These will help stop any allergic reactions you may have from the poison in your bloodstream.

Antihistamine pills can be purchased from any drug store or supermarket, usually for itching, hay fever and allergies.

DO NOT, drink any alcoholic drinks after you have been stung, otherwise this may cause more severe allergic reactions and cause heart attacks.

After taking the antihistamine tablets, apply some anti septic on the sting and then go and lay down for a while to relieve shock and let the swelling go down.

If you do suffer any severe allergic reactions from the sting, breathing difficulties or chest pains, then get yourself to the nearest quacks, pronto.

In most cases after following the procedure above, there will be no serious harm or other after affects.

lol..down on the farm everything bites/stings me on a regular basis.. mainly big black ants and those little b'd scorpions ( they get in every place...shorts, boots,kitchen cupboards ..wife got stung from one under her pillow...my fault as was using it outside on wicker lounge chair for my afternoon siesta)

..googled solutions...none except previously posted..I am definitely a bottle of whiskey advocate now..also rub rock soda on the point of sting..also a sting solution for sea creature stings.helps maybe or just psychological..??

...doesn't it f..g hurt though..jeesh??..like someone poured acid into your blood or something..

Never ever put on any article of clothing without checking!!!

Use gloves when handling wood or rocks etc outside..I always do....NOT

...doesn't it f..g hurt though..jeesh??..like someone poured acid into your blood or something..

Hi, it's been more than 12 hours now, and it still hurts, what a nasty little buggers those scorpions are, i have been stung by bees, wasps and even bumble bees when i was a kid, but it was nothing like this!.

Yes i do have a "acid" sensation, as if i had eaten something that i shouldn't, also a medium nausea and sore blood vessel into my whole right arm.

Yesterday i wanted to take out the venom but i couldn't see where the little sting's holes are, as i was handling with bare hands the garden wastage, i do have a few scratches all around it, but i can't be sure which one is the right one, i am not familiar on how it should look like, it's my first scorpion's sting ever :lol:

Fingers still swell but less, i hope is going away soon as it's a rather annoying sensation, driving is going to be a challenge today, will be back tomorrow evening, bye all and thanks for your support :)

I found shouting obscenities whilst paceing like a trapped rat helped.

Been done three times by Centipedes now ,one nearly a foot long.Be prepared for swelling aches and itchyness as the swelling goes down.

Best treatment is neurofen /Ibuprofen for pain and inflammation, followed by antihistamine both orally and topicaly for allergic localised reaction.

Ice (wrapped in cloth) and elevation of bitten limb can also help.

Of course be aware of true allergic shock but this would happen normally at onset just after bite/sting.

A scorpion bite hurts as hell, but in Thailand there are no lethal scorpions (unless alergic to the bite).

What most Thai people do, beside the whiskey, is putting balm on it.

Hi Mario 2008 That is good news indeed! Any references "there are no lethal scorpions (unless alergic to the bite

My son was bitten by some big flying black looking huge ant thing in our pagoda I had no idea what it was I broke the small nest and caught 3 in a coffee jar and rushed him to the doctor panicking. Had it been a scorpion I would of probably panicked even more.

So it is no a poke at the post just want to read up on it.

I am also doing research on snakes saw 2 last vacation in my garden one fairly large green one. And small dark, light brown with black. The guard dogs normally find them and go crazy barking at them. The small brown one was killed by a Thai person saying “very dangerous”.

'

Edited by maprao

Thai people rarely know difference between dangerous and not.

I had a group of thai construction workers going apeshit over a baby very poisonous snake....they were trying to kill it....I caught it and it was a legless lizard of type.