No Cash From Atm But ...

Hello

I tried to withdraw cash from Kasikornbank ATM today.

But it says "there was not enough cash in the ATM for withdrawal. (So obviously I didn't get the money. That's fine by me...I thought )

But when I checked my account in "Recent transactions" on internet banking.

It states that the cash WAS withdrawn from that ATM.

But the confusing thing is that the balance shows the correct amount. i.e the money was NOT taken.

As far as I know, when you cash from ATM, it will reflect it on the balance immediately.

This is really worrying:

because you haven't got anything that proves that you did not receive the money from the ATM.

Has anyone the same experience?

What is going to happen to my account? Have I lost the money?

Ive also had this happen...

Where it proceeds to give you the money as you would expect and it even makes the whirring noises, then comes up with the error you describe.

And as you say the money appears to have left in the statement, but is in fact refunded automatically.

Nothing to worry about

Happened to me too several times, i tried 3 whitdrawals of 20000 and 60000 missing when i called my telephone banking, so i called customer service and the the balance was ok and they said it will be updated in 2 days on my internet banking because of weekend that time

Ive also had this happen...

Where it proceeds to give you the money as you would expect and it even makes the whirring noises, then comes up with the error you describe.

And as you say the money appears to have left in the statement, but is in fact refunded automatically.

Nothing to worry about

Nevertheless a short call back home is in order-no redress unless you do so and subsequently account IS debited.

Thanks guys

I checked my account again first thing this morning.

That transaction is no longer displayed, and the balance is intact.rolleyes.gif

As Satcomm says, this seems the way the system works.

Can they fix this confusing system?

(maybe they have a good reason to operate in this way?)

I had a bad experience with Bangkok Bank with my USD account a few weeks ago; the money disappeared. The passbook showed 400USD credit (I dont know what this was) but the balance showed about 600USD less. They rectified it immediately but without knowing (or they knew) what caused it. Only explanation was, a system error and "human" error.