Easiest Way To Get A Non-I O Visa

Hello,

I am planning on applying for and obtaining a Non-Immigrant O visa but I'm not sure the best route for me. I came to Thailand on a 90 single entry (for volunteer work) and since that has expired I have been doing border runs in Mai Sai ever since. I have done 4 or 5 15-day visa exempt entrys and would really like to go and get another Non-I O. It appears like Laos has the closest Thai Embassy from Chiang Rai City. I hope to get a Non-I O and apply for a work permit and 1-year extension when I return (but that'll be a whole other experience in itself). I just want to get the Non-I O now to avoid having to do border runs every 14-15 days and I also need it to apply for a work permit.

My question - is Laos the best option for me? I read that I'd have to get a Laos visa in Bangkok before I go? Is this true or can I get a visa on arrival when I enter Laos? I'd hate to have to travel all the way to Bangkok and then back up north again to Laos. Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be the best option for doing a visa run?

Also, does anyone foresee any complications for myself considering I have 4 or 5 sets of exit/entry visa exemption stamps in my passport? Meaning, will anyone give me a hard time for filling up my visa so quickly where they would deny me a Non-I O (PS. I will have a sponsor/support letter and all the documentation I need for a Non-I O)?

Any advise would be appreciated. Detailed advise, as I am fresh to this whole process and I don't want to be guessing. Thanks!

Most nationalities can obtain a visa on arrival to Laos so that should not be an issue. It appears you did not have a work permit so your previous stays could be questioned but it is not likely; but with the apparent crackdown on tourist visa entry being reported today it can not be ruled out.