Thailand Tourism Department Plans To Spruce Up Tourist Destinations

webfact

Plan Hatched to Slick Up Tourist Spots

Thailand's Department of Tourism is set to request a budget of 1.5 billion baht in 2012 to liven up certain tourist destinations nationwide.

Tourism Development Center Director Arnupab Kesornsuvan revealed that the department will request a budget of 1.5 billion baht for the 2012 fiscal year.

He said if the proposal is approved, the fund would be used to spruce up key tourist attractions in various provinces, including Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai and Nakhon Ratchasima, to attract more tourists.

Initially, the department will host the Tourist Roads campaign by livening up main routes in various provinces with lights and lanterns and promoting them as tourist destinations.

The project will be launched in Bangkok first.

The department aims to seek cooperation from property owners to decorate their buildings and eateries in main shopping districts, including, those on Sukhumvit and Silom roads, Rajdamnoen Avenue and the Chinatown.

In addition, the department will invite the Architect Council of Thailand under Chulalongkorn University to help repaint old buildings and renovate worn-down walls in public areas.

Both the public and private sectors are welcome to join the project.

Arnupab affirmed that the project is in accordance with the Pheu Thai-led government's plan to declare 2011 and 2012 Miracle Thailand Years.

The project will also cover various festivities as Thailand celebrates his Majesty the King's 84th birthday this year.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-08-26

footer_n.gif

Another good Idea ??? I do note that 2 of the places mentioned are the same cities that are planned to have the railways improved, Thaksin venues of interest.....coincidence ???? maybe.

Spruce up----------should mean get rid of the scams. Why they get over 1 billion to liven up places for tourists to be scammed ???? better get from the scammers the money before they get kicked into touch.

Tourism department spends money like water, if only they had a normal down to earth sense of thinking, then improvements would happen.

Never mind lanterns--you fools get the paths/walkways cleared or provided for tourists to walk safely.

No place here for the blind or disabled ??? forget them also Ha. think before you spend. Thai thinking easy come easy go (( money))

'Thailand Tourism Department Plans To Spruce Up Tourist Destinations'

Yah, sure emo.gif

Hehehihihurrrp I go collect this 'Thailand Plans' quotes, LOL... What was the one last week about prostitution ? I should have collect them over the years !

'Thailand plans health measures after tourist deaths' emo.gif

Right on.

Edited by Member

All Smoke And Mirrors!!!

Tourists are not as stupid as the TAT thinks.

Get rid of scammers...corrupt police...Double Pricing...dangerous thugs...Clean your filthy beaches and forget the lights and paint.

We want safety nor a facade of bulllllshiiiit.

We know the difference XXXXXXXX .

Go rent a jet ski...take a taxi meter then report back about how that worked out for you. If you are still alive.

Do we need a work permit for giving you all of this free advice? Or if we help you paint? Or pick up trash?

Edited by Rooo
Flame deleted.

All Smoke And Mirrors!!!

Tourists are not as stupid as the TAT thinks.

Get rid of scammers...corrupt police...Double Pricing...dangerous thugs...Clean your filthy beaches and forget the lights and paint.

We want safety nor a facade of bulllllshiiiit.

We know the difference XXXXXXXX .

Go rent a jet ski...take a taxi meter then report back about how that worked out for you. If you are still alive.

Do we need a work permit for giving you all of this free advice? Or if we help you paint? Or pick up trash?

Put this post and mine together and TAT should have a fair Idea what is really needed, I'm sorry I have never come across such a bunch of boneheads---what the hell is going on here ???? is there anyone there??? answer no one at home ??? they ought to re name the Dept,. bungalow-nowt upstairs. Iamsobad and me volunteer to give our services, for 1.5 billion. O.K. Iamsobad ?? :jap:

Edited by ginjag

I wonder if they ever asked a farang what tourists want?

If they ever asked a farang signs and t-shirts would not be in engrish.

I once was accosted along the Pattaya beach walkway by a group of students asking tourists about their experiences in LOS and what we thought might make it better. When I said that they should repair the broken walkway, fix the traffic lights so that they actually worked and stop the jet ski scam they looked a little shellshocked as none of those had occured to them as needing fixing!

As for the budget, there'll only be enough left for a few cans of paint after most of it is appropriated for the xmas fund!

quit ur yapping!! i reckon a few dozen lanterns wud be like a miracle. here in thailand.

ive noticed the cctv cameras going up absolutley every where this year!!

couple of paint jobs, one tambon, one lantern....call it 2 billion..nice!!

etc..

I was chatting to a farang restaurant owner a while back, and he told me the police were requiring all owners in Pattaya to install cctv in and outside at their own expense