Dvd Rant

phillies

I purchased a LG DVD recorder for my computer from Banana IT at Market Village, nice clean retail chain store, have purchased other items from their pantip store up in BKK.. Well, I installed the DVD recorder and it was DOA (Dead on Arrival). Bringing it back to the store with the receipt, box etc they tested it also. I was told that because it was 10 days since purchase they can not exchange it, (only up to 7 days).

Matter of fact, the manager told me the store can't do anything and I need to contact LG !

She then took a power supply and stuffed it into the box to hand back to me, without my receipt ... <deleted> ??? Finally I got my broken DVD player and receipt back while she continued to not take any of this seriously just laughing.

I gave her one more chance by explaining I am a customer, either exchange this now or I will contact your bosses and file a complaint about her attitude and actions. She laughed at me and said she has been here 3 years, you can't do anything.

Looking on the web it took about 1 minute to get their phone number on the website, and 5 minutes for my Thai wife to call and file a complaint. They assured us on the phone, a replacement would be given to us, and that this complaint will go on her employee record.. The next day my wife called to confirm with the head office and head down to the store. Amazingly, they were able to pull one of the 20 other new LG players off the shelf and exchange it, kissing major ass the whole time. Then their computer system went down and the manager and another employee started arguing who should be able to use the terminal first,. Ironically at that moment the head office called my wife to check on everything and got to hear the idiots in the background arguing...

Yes, everything worked out with the exchange, working fine.

I sure hope that manager at Banana It enjoyed using her tiny bit of power to deny an exchange for one day only to have a pissed off customer and adding a complaint to her employee record.

Had a problem with an expensive outdoor light bulb that was purchased at home pro last year, not sure of the return policy there but the manager was very polite, and gave an immediate exchange even though i had it for months. And naturally I keep coming back and purchasing more and more from the store.

Most larger chain stores have good customer service, thats why this was so strange.

A good story, well done for keeping your cool, taking appropriate action, and getting the result the manager should have given you in the first place.

Certainly a training need for this manager, it really must have p*ssed her off having held her ground, then having to give you a new machine, in the presence of her staff.