Google Earth In Ubuntu 10.4

qualtrough

I have a PC with plenty of RAM, dual boot with XP and Ubuntu 10.4. I installed Google Earth earlier today in Ubuntu, downloaded from the Google Earth Site. I open it up from the menu and it looks great, but all the menus are just a series of boxes or horizontal lines! If anyone knows what might be going on here I would appreciate your letting me know. I reinstalled it, same effect.

why didn't you install the package from ubuntu's repos? that would have installed any dependencies automatically, and will also upgrade when available. sound to me like it installed the thai language version automatically. if i were you i would reinstall from the repos, but you may need to uninstall with dkpg first.

k

Edited by dharmabm

why didn't you install the package from ubuntu's repos? that would have installed any dependencies automatically, and will also upgrade when available. sound to me like it installed the thai language version automatically. if i were you i would reinstall from the repos, but you may need to unindtall with dkpg first.

k

Installing from the repos does not seem to work for this dependency.!

Don't know why, but just statiing a fact. Maybe an oversite on the part of Google!