Battery - Nouvo 135 - Kaputt?

OK - I admit I'm being too lazy to go to the Yamaha dealer on the BTS .... but does anyone know where I can get a new battery for my Nouvo Elegance in the Chidlom-Asoke area?

I'm assuming that the original battery is dead .... the lights go out when I try to use the elec starter and I can hear the solenoid click ... but when I try to charge the battery it shows as 'fully charged' on the dial?

My Nouvo has never been a good starter on the kick-start (a common problem if Nouvo 135's are not used every day?).

And last question to the forum bikers - could I have killed my battery by using a 'car' battery charger for a bike battery? When I rode in the UK I had a specific motorbike battery charger, but the only charger I could find in Bangkok was a car one, and the problem started shortly after I charged it overnight, although it did start the first time I used it after charging.

Thanks!

If your on Rama 9 going towards asoke from RCA theres a shop on your left close to the Fortune intersection.

There's more shops down the road on your right if you keep going down rama 9.

Car battery charger is fine as long as it can detect the current level in the smaller 5 amp batteries. Alot of times the dry cell batteries clot up and will show that they are fully charged because it can no longer take a charge and the needle will rest at zero amps.

Have you checked the acid level if its a wet battery?

Starter relay may be going bad also.