Bkk To Cm Move

tpthai2

8 years of extension of stay based on marriage, reporting to BKK immigration. Now in the process of moving the family to Chiang Mai.

This move will be long term, house purchase etc.

Could some kind CM-TV member give me details on what procedure to follow regarding the yearly immigration reporting and extension of stay procedure when making this move?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Not sure I understand.. Same procedure just a different office..

Thanks, yes, a bit confusing. Have learned over the years to expect anything. Every time we go to immigration in BKK

they retrieve a rather large file containing our records going back 8+ years.

If i simply go to the CM Immigration to renew my extension of stay based on marriage, they will not have this file.

This is my question, prior to going to the CM immigration, what, if anything, should I plan for?

Thank you ....

pete66 ... just saw your reply after writing the above.

From you reply it seems there is no need to do anything

with BKK Immigration prior to reporting to CM Immigration. Thank you.

Edited by tpthai2

Thanks, yes, a bit confusing. Have learned over the years to expect anything. Every time we go to immigration in BKK

If i simply go to the CM Immigration to renew my extension of stay based on marriage, they will not have this file.

This is my question, prior to going to the CM immigration, what, if anything, should I plan for?

Thank you ....

If you have time, go to Caeng wattana and ask them. If not, just turn up at CM immigration when you need to. Its their responsibility to transfer files between "cangwats", not yours.

But if its stressing you, confirm with Caeng Wattana first, can't hurt.

Just to add, you do the 90-day reporting at your local Immigration-office, wherever you currently are. So although I live in Chiang Mai, I did my report to Jomtien (Pattaya/Chonburi), giving my guesthouse as my address, when it fell due & I happened to be there on a fortnight's family-holiday.

Welcome to Chiang Mai ! :D

Edited by Ricardo

Thank you ....

If you have time, go to Caeng wattana and ask them. If not, just turn up at CM immigration when you need to. Its their responsibility to transfer files between "cangwats", not yours.

But if its stressing you, confirm with Caeng Wattana first, can't hurt.

Thanks again Pete ..

Just to add, you do the 90-day reporting at your local Immigration-office, wherever you currently are. So although I live in Chiang Mai, I did my report to Jomtien (Pattaya/Chonburi), giving my guesthouse as my address, when it fell due & I happened to be there on a fortnight's family-holiday.

Welcome to Chiang Mai ! :D

Thanks for your reply Recardo ..