Shipping A Kayak

Iolare

Does anyone know of a company that sends freight trucks down to Phuket? I'd like this kayak to be a part of a consolidated shipment so that I wouldn't have to pay the entire cost of a truck. I'm hoping there's a company up there that makes this route and also hoping it wouldn't be too expensive. Any suggestions or referrals would be much appreciated.

The post office in town would be able to send that for you, you would just need to pick it up at the PO in Phuket.

That's a really novel suggestion; I wouldn't have guessed that the PO was equipped to handle that large a parcel. The kayak is about 4 meters long and one meter wide. I'll check it out tomorrow at my local post office to confirm feasibility and get a cost estimate. I called a freight consolidator here in Phuket and they quoted 12,000 Baht, which was about 12 times more than I expected, so I was reconciled to driving my truck up and personally collecting it if there was no reasonable alternative.

The post office in town would be able to send that for you, you would just need to pick it up at the PO in Phuket.

That's a really novel suggestion; I wouldn't have guessed that the PO was equipped to handle that large a parcel. The kayak is about 4 meters long and one meter wide. I'll check it out tomorrow at my local post office to confirm feasibility and get a cost estimate. I called a freight consolidator here in Phuket and they quoted 12,000 Baht, which was about 12 times more than I expected, so I was reconciled to driving my truck up and personally collecting it if there was no reasonable alternative.

The PO will take virtually anything, Motorbikes are around 12-1500 Baht I beleive to send to Phuket, my ex GF brought her Bike up from Samui a few years ago and it was 900 baht, I go to the PO everyday and see a wide variety of goods waiting to go on the Van, today I saw a washing machine ready to go.

It will certainly be a lot cheaper than the price you have been quoted that's for sure, I think you would have to prove ownership of the Kayak before they will send so please bear this in mind.