Competition For The Noisiest Party In Plai Leam?

Well - the peace and quiet at Plai Laem seems to be a thing of the past. Last night (Sunday) saw - or rather heard - the latest venue for VERY loud music all night long. It finally stopped at 7 am. The venue was a 5 star, top of the range hotel at the end of the peninsular with a number in it's name and something that normally goes with 'common'. (Close to the Arayaburi on Soi 7). I went along at 1.20 am to ask them to stop the noise and was told that they would turn the volume down. They did not. I went back to the reception area at 1.50 am and was told that it would finish at 2 am. It did not. The music continued until 7 am - I kid you not. A five star spa and luxury resort holding an all night rave! The loud music started again tonight - sadly a storm came though and washed the beach party out. (RESULT!!!! YES) Now - if only a similar thing were to happen tomorrow when we have the advertised BMP again at the old Greenwood place. They did not.

customers of a secluded and expensive 5* resort would never ever tolerate this kind of disturbance. At that area there are 3 5* hotels and the only logical explanation would be, that some important costumers asked for a party for what ever reason. So it is a one time scenario.

customers of a secluded and expensive 5* resort would never ever tolerate this kind of disturbance. At that area there are 3 5* hotels and the only logical explanation would be, that some important costumers asked for a party for what ever reason. So it is a one time scenario.

Normally I would agree with you (and I wish to God that you were right).

However, rain stopped - music started again.

It looks like two nights in a row - no <deleted> sleep and the BMP tomorrow :(

Also bear in mind that the staff twice lied to me last night about what would happen next. A case of "tell him what he wants to hear and he will go away".

How can a 5* luxury spa and resort condone this?

(Edit due to lack of sleep causing poor grammer and spelling :realangry:)

Edited by Tropicalevo

pretty sure i know that group that had the party at six senses. it was a birthday group, originally told me that they wanted music until 1am. most places turned the down except for one on the other side of the island. looks like they put some pressure on the hotel to host it. i had nothing to do with it at that location though so please don't shoot me.

pretty sure i know that group that had the party at six senses. it was a birthday group, originally told me that they wanted music until 1am. most places turned the down except for one on the other side of the island. looks like they put some pressure on the hotel to host it. i had nothing to do with it at that location though so please don't shoot me.

No problem Joe. Only the Romans killed the messenger :rolleyes:

Strange considering that that hotel is loosing money from BMP raves!

The BMP is tonight and I have been practicing my rain-dance all day. Looks like its working, but I need to try harder - just a shower or two so far.:(

Third night in a row with loud music. Great.

where is the BMP exactly?

Head towards Big Buddha and then on towards Choengmon.

At the left turn ( First concrete road - Soi Tongsai) turn between the Famlymart and the 7/11

Drive past Plai Laem temple, past The Outrigger Resort, bend to the right at the Emerald Condominiums and up the hill. Next left at the dirty big sign advertising the party. (Before Soi 7 - the turning towards Arayaburi and Sixth Sense.

Have fun :bah:

Or - walk along Plai Laem beach north from Big Buddha until you hit the barriers where you have to hand over your money :unsure:

The BMP is tonight and I have been practicing my rain-dance all day. Looks like its working, but I need to try harder - just a shower or two so far.:(

Seems to be a nice place to live. Ever considered relocating? :)

Is/was a nice place to live. I, amongst other posters here have lived in this residential area for a number of years. It is a pity that your only comment is

that in order to satify the requirements of a bunch of Yahoos eager to make a quick buck that I should move??

It is a great place to live, and I had not considered relocating. My personal preference is to solve the problem, not to run away. However, are you making me an offer? :D

Well - the winner of the noisiest venue this week is The 5* spa and resort on Soi 7 Plai Laem! :clap2:

Obviously there is a lot going on in the background re the BMP. People are talking and negotiating, and to be fair to the BMP - I got more sleep last night (and so did most of my neighbours) than when the hotel did their rave on Sunday night.

(If anyone else living in the Plai Laem area is suffering from the noise from the BMP - PM me and I will share what I have found out with you.)

Still no word from the GM of the hotel. (Maybe he has done a runner - or still hungover :burp:.)