Swedish Thai Couple Caught With Drugs In Indonesia

webfact

Swedish Thai Couple Caught With Drugs in Indonesia

22-year-old Narawadee Phothijam from Thailand, and 38-year-old Elovsson Oerjan Robert from Sweden were on Saturday arrested at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Indonesia in posession of 6.5 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine, worth Rp 9.75 billion (US$1.14 million).

Customs Head Gatot Sugeng Wibowo said that the couple, who arrived at the airport on a Qatar Airways flight from Doha (Qatar) at 10:30 p.m., tried to smuggle the meth by hiding it in two specially designed suitcases.

Full story: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=9374&coun_code=se

-- scandasia.com 2011-08-31

footer_n.gif

bye bye losers

Agree they appear to be a couple of life's victims.

Still, have to feel a bit sorry for the pair of them - they must have been desperate to carry 6 kg plus of drugs through customs for only 2000 US each :( .

The planes arriving in Jakarta make it very clear what the penalties are for trafficking drugs into RI.

Simon

Indonesia doesn't take lightly to drugs. It's the death sentence for these two. A kilo of meth is worth 180K USD huh?

i don't think so.

maybe 10 years or more, but not death sentence.

when has indonesia last time executed some foreigner?

they might have, but i'm too lazy to google, so i just ask. :D

I guess you've never heard of the Bali 9 nor have ever flown into Indo.

>>The following Australians are facing the death penalty overseas either because they have been convicted of, or charged with, offences that attract a death sentence:

http://www.nswccl.or...y/death_row.php

Edited by steelepulse

Swedish Meatballs on the menu for the indo prisoners tonight.

Media were told that Elovsson was working as a DJ and Narawadee worked as a sexy dancer in a nightclubs in Vietnam.

Sounds like it was done out of sheer greed to get an easy $2000.

Edited by hehehoho

Another seizure from a mule bouncing out of Doha seems like Thailand isn't the only country that has flagged the flights from there.

I cant believe they would choose a country that enforces the death penalty to come through it take incredible balls of no brain I am going with the latter.

How many foreigners now is it that have been caught at Swampy or en-route to Swampy with Meth from the middle east and yet still they come. I can understand local mules who don't know the penalties or arrest rate but a Thai and a Sweede?

RIP I am sorry to say. The Thai for sure the Swedish man might get lucky with life but give the before mentioned Bali 9 the precedent has been set and Indonesia isn't afraid to give these kind of sentences out. That said given the choice of life in their prisons or a quick death I think I would book my ticket for the next life.

I've personally lost friends to that drug, it's evil and should be stopped!

Ditto. Agree.

I would go further. They were doing this for personal gain.

In their head they had already spent their wages, without a pico second thought to the carnage their cargo would bring to individuals, their families and the wider society that has to cope with addicts.

I suffered with my youngest son on drugs, sadly he is no longer in this world so have zero tolerance tolerance now.

It is never "A bit of fun", "its harmless". It is a dirty, soul destroying activity to families.

They are not worth a passing thought

Edited by tmd5855

I thought how unusual for a Westerner to do this for a measly $2K, then I saw his picture on the right...

Well a burned out DJ and his dancer GF kind of speak for itself.

I fell sorry for his young GF whom very likely been talked into this and must be naive to do so, and now her life is wasted, its sad man.

• 2 weeks later...

Of cpurse he will not say that drug belongs to him. And 2k on reward is just an excuse. USD 1 plus million, he got only 2k? BS!!! At least 50000.

And if I am the judge, I will spare the girl, think she was naive into love trap. Just hope that no lives taken in this incident.

Ya I agree, they are culprit, but the have lives too, punish them with only jail term!

I thought how unusual for a Westerner to do this for a measly $2K, then I saw his picture on the right...

Of cpurse he will not say that drug belongs to him. And 2k on reward is just an excuse. USD 1 plus million, he got only 2k? BS!!! At least 50000.

And if I am the judge, I will spare the girl, think she was naive into love trap. Just hope that no lives taken in this incident.

Ya I agree, they are culprit, but the have lives too, punish them with only jail term!

Nigerians pay just this or less.

Oh really? I was ignorant because I never in this trade before.

2k risking a life, not worth at all!

Nigerians pay just this or less.

• 1 month later...