Three Iranians Arrested At Suvarnabhumi Airport For Trafficking 'ice' Total Worth Over US$750.000

webfact

Three Iranians arrested in ‘ice’ smuggling cases

image_201108311559471F10CD6D-0AF0-AC29-613CCFD054BAE30F.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 31 – Three Iranian suspects were detained at Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport in two separate crystal methamphetamine smuggling cases carrying the illegal drug, worth approximate Bt13 million (over US$433,000) in total, Thai customs officers said on Wednesday.

Two Iranian men, Mizbangoush Mortezai and Rahemi Toroghi Danial, were apprehended at Thailand’s main international airport with nearly four kilogrammes of crystal meth or ‘ice,’ valued at estimated Bt10 million (some $333,000), hidden in their suitcases.

The two men flew to Thailand from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Before their arrest late Tuesday evening, the suspects planned to deliver the illicit drugs to their customers in Bangkok’s downtown Sukhumvit area.

Meanwhile, Adel Rasouli Yengikand was arrested Wednesday at the airport with 120 packages of crystal meth in his stomach.

Customs officers observed the man behaving suspiciously after disembarking and asked him to pass an X-ray scan inspection when unidentified objects were detected in his stomach.

The detainee was ordered to a toilet to defecate and officials found at least 12 packages of ‘ice,’ in his stomach. Mr Yengikand said that he had earlier swallowed 120 packages of the substance.

The suspect flew from the Iranian capital of Tehran to Thailand but declined to give information related to wage and employers.

From Oct 1 last year through Aug 30 this year Thai Customs officers intercepted crystal meth worth Bt390 million ($13 million) being carried into the kingdom at Suvarnbhumi Airport. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-08-31

Before their arrest late Tuesday evening, the suspects planned to deliver the illicit drugs to their customers in Bangkok’s downtown Sukhumvit area.

they are such clowns, why do they have to arrest him like this and parade him to the media !, why not cut him a deal so he delievers the drugs to the dealers in Sukhumvit ( who we all known who they are ) and make a double arrest !

Before their arrest late Tuesday evening, the suspects planned to deliver the illicit drugs to their customers in Bangkok's downtown Sukhumvit area.

they are such clowns, why do they have to arrest him like this and parade him to the media !, why not cut him a deal so he delievers the drugs to the dealers in Sukhumvit ( who we all known who they are ) and make a double arrest !

Iranians eh? That puts a whole new slant on the drug smuggling business. :-)

If he was allowed to deliver the drugs to the dealers in the Sukumvit area, it may compromise certain police officers at the smuggler's destination.

So you might have detective Somchai who followed the Iranian to his drop off saying good evening to Police Captain Yaaba Rungnaklongtoeysittapol.

A man of Serpico's character has not been heard from yet in Thailand's police force.

I wonder what they were doing in Dubai? Checking if there were any ministry jobs still available?:blink:

Most of that stuff is now cheaply made in Syria... And there is no direct flight from Damascus to Bangkok.

There was an interesting documentary -2/3 months ago- from BBC, regarding how Bashar al-Assad is financing his soldiers of fortune with it.

So, if nowadays mules are carrying four kilos... I cannot imagine how much "Mr. Big" passed through while they were arrested!?!

i dont think Mr big will personaly be smuggling anything ,... or he would just be another mule,.. or should i say iranian ! , i think the police are just milking the cow from both ends , why dont we ever hear what happens to the mules in court ???? ...or are cartels paying for their release ?? , i think the drug problem in thailand is snowballing and will continue to do so if its not dealt with , .........but as long as the BIB keep getting the ''kickbacks" they are only too happy to let it go on, if it was just a bit of "grass" ok,... but this is "ice", too much of a dangerous drug to ignore

So, if nowadays mules are carrying four kilos... I cannot imagine how much "Mr. Big" passed through while they were arrested!?!

i dont think Mr big will personaly be smuggling anything ,... or he would just be another mule,.. or should i say iranian ! , i think the police are just milking the cow from both ends , why dont we ever hear what happens to the mules in court ???? ...or are cartels paying for their release ?? , i think the drug problem in thailand is snowballing and will continue to do so if its not dealt with , .........but as long as the BIB keep getting the ''kickbacks" they are only too happy to let it go on, if it was just a bit of "grass" ok,... but this is "ice", too much of a dangerous drug to ignore

Have no fear, Chalerm is here. And he means business.

This means powerful action will be taken and everything will be cleared up in less than 6 months and Thailand will be drug free.

And everybody will be rich.

something doesn't add up in here:

"Three Iranian suspects were detained at Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport in two separate crystal methamphetamine smuggling cases carrying the illegal drug, worth approximate Bt13 million (over US$433,000) in total, Thai customs officers said on Wednesday."

The headline:

"Total Worth Over US$750.000"

between writing the title of the thread and finishing the first sentence some $317k has disappeared. Who has stolen them?

if you "decline to give information related to your wage and employers", I will conduct my own investigation

Edited by londonthai

This kind of trafficing needs friends in high places. Before pointing fingers at the local market, ask yourselves how and why drug trafficers are operating out of the middle east , There is no way the drugs could move through these middle eastern countries without someone in the government being complicit.

And still they come like lambs to the slaughter.

Are these people so illiterate they don't at least check out the news of the country they are trafficking to?

Well they are looking at 8 years IF there is a treaty between Thailand and Iran if not life in the Big Tiger......

"Mr. Big" ain't muling stuff on planes. He's sitting in an office somewhere.

I think lazygourmet meant the "big shipment" went through undetected, not the ring leader.

One wonders how effective giving little fish away allows the big shipment to get through.

One wonders how effective giving little fish away allows the big shipment to get through.

Sorry IMO its too big a 'little fish' for them to take a BT10M loss then the real package must be what BT100M to cover the lose? Now the other guy on the other flight who got caught on the swallow now thats a perfect patsy for a larger shipment to get through.

I still don't understand why these cartels are not flying in the chemists to make the sh_t here the ingredients are easily available and that's without going black market, paying the mules and taking a hit to get the real parcel through.

Whatever I bet the next 1kg+ seizure is in less than a week. Keeps the BiB happy with the skimmed seizure which is resold. I mean who would stand up in court charged with 500g's and tell the judge they really had 1kg but the police took half? Pure Thai style something for nothing with no come backs!

Nope can't make it here, pseudoephidrine is regulated by the Thai government. A specific portion is allocated per drugstore.

You'd have to synthesize and extract from other drugs, leaving less profit and corrupting purity.

Nope can't make it here, pseudoephidrine is regulated by the Thai government. A specific portion is allocated per drugstore.

You'd have to synthesize and extract from other drugs, leaving less profit and corrupting purity.

yes you can, and this german was caught with a factory making it, had 2 million THB worth of the stuff when caught - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/492101-german-in-the-charge-of-drug-dealing/

I still don't understand why these cartels are not flying in the chemists to make the sh_t here the ingredients are easily available and that's without going black market, paying the mules and taking a hit to get the real parcel through.

As my oabove comment, but it would make more sense, maybe there is another reason behind why they dont

I used to know someone who would regularly buy 10,000 tablets of Rhinofed from a chemist in Pattaya no questions asked. Admittedly thats going back a few years but hey this is LoS if you have the cash anything is available......

I used to know someone who would regularly buy 10,000 tablets of Rhinofed from a chemist in Pattaya no questions asked. Admittedly thats going back a few years but hey this is LoS if you have the cash anything is available......

For the purpose of making speed? Nice crowd you hang out with!

yes you can, and this german was caught with a factory making it, had 2 million THB worth of the stuff when caught - http://www.thaivisa....f-drug-dealing/

As my oabove comment, but it would make more sense, maybe there is another reason behind why they dont

in s.e.asis they use Yin Yang Huo (Chinese: 淫羊藿), to get the extract

You know what they say about assumption Dick don't you? Just because I KNEW someone who was buying volume psudo doesn't mean they were doing anything illegal with it...........

You know what they say about assumption Dick don't you? Just because I KNEW someone who was buying volume psudo doesn't mean they were doing anything illegal with it...........

OK fair play - but what could you do with 10,000 tablets of Rhinofed (legally) ? I think the fact that you included the phrase "no questions asked" implied some level of dodgy-dealing :rolleyes:

OK fair play - but what could you do with 10,000 tablets of Rhinofed (legally) ? I think the fact that you included the phrase "no questions asked" implied some level of dodgy-dealing :rolleyes:

Send them to a 3rd world country to combat the amount of counterfeit drugs sold to them by legit companies whose only concern is making a better bottom line? How do I know it was an old acquaintance.

There are other ways of making Ice that does not involve the use of psudo.. Also for the record I used ephedrine for many years legally when bodybuilding as a thermogenic.

But will accept my reply did leave me open to attack of knowing 'dodgy people' but I live in Pattaya and all the dodge ones here seem to failed at trying high diving from hotel rooms in their speedo's. What I want to know is why are they always in Speedo's!

Peace.....