Emotional Thai Police Chief Wichean Lashes Out At 'Sabotage' Move

webfact

Multicolour shirts to rally at police headquarters

By The Nation

The multicolour shirts will tomorrow rally at the Police headquarters in light of the government push to replace national police chief, their leader Tul Sitthisomwong said on Thursday.

"The rally is not meant for protect Wichean Potephosee but to safeguard the police service from the political meddling," he said.

Tul said Deputy Prime Minister Chaler Yoobamrung had no justification to replace Wichean and promote General Prewpan Damapong as the new police chief.

If Chalerm cites the existence of gambling dens as cause to remove Wichean, then Prewpan should also be sacked because of the rampant drugs trafficking, he said.

Gambling dens were always in existence even in the days when Chalerm, Justice Minister Pracha Promnog and Deputy Prime Minister Kowit Wattana were in the police service, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-01

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalerm: Wichean Has Signed A Letter Agreeing to Move to NSC

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobumrung has revealed that Police Chief Wichean Potephosree has signed a letter agreeing to be transferred to the post of Secretary General of the National Security Council. He says he will ask Cabinet to confirm the change on Tuesday, September 6.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-09-01

footer_n.gif

Yingluk

Yingluck has also denied the speculation that deputy police chief Police General Priewpan Damapong is the choice for the next police chief. Priewpan is brother of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's divorced wife.

Two hours later the headline is that Priewpan is the new police chief.

Either she was lying or she is completely out of the loop on such issues as governing the country and other minutia like that.

A number of posts have been removed as a poster had deleted quoted post headers as he had reached the maximum number of nested quotes allowed. When replying to certain parts of a post, learn how to use the Insert quotation feature.

Posts using bold font have been removed as it is bad forum netiquette:

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Defenders of this appointment will no doubt point out (as the good General has) that he was the most senior candidate, while omitting that the reason for his seniority was his rocketting through the ranks thanks to his BIL.

Nepotism then, nepotism now.

If he can track down some undesirable foreigners and deport them too, that would be a bonus.

Undesirable foreigners = foreigners who don't share your political opinion.

Removing people who don't agree with you, and feeling it your right to do so, just as the reds who assaulted two men making a political statement that they disagreed with, also felt it within their rights to intervene physically, speaks volumes about what you and what they really think about democracy.

You (and they) wouldn't know democracy if it came up and bit you all on the backside.

I would suggest GK that you fall well into that undesirable lot, everyone is entitled to their opinion but your opinion seems to be in the minority and your comments on the present shambles and history of is a joke, as far as I can see from near all of your posts, seems there has seldom or never been a time when the obvious <deleted> is staring you in the face, you post and support it. better you do as my slogan suggests--bash when needed.

It is unfortunate that some creative editing was employed in the initial response. I wrote that if the new police chief did not do his job, he should be sacked as well.

In respect to my comment on undesirables, how does that translate into saying people that disagree with me should be removed? An undesirable within the context of immigration laws are those that are non compliant with the applicable rules and regulations. Surely, all of those people criticizing are in full compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. I suspect a great deal of the resentment expressed by some foreigners is due to their marginal existence in Thailand. Too bad. I am certain that if the government and its law enforcement officials cracked down on these drug dealers and gambling dens the country would be better off. If some farangs are uneasy about having the debauchery curtailed, again too bad.

Yingluk

Yingluck has also denied the speculation that deputy police chief Police General Priewpan Damapong is the choice for the next police chief. Priewpan is brother of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's divorced wife.

Either she was lying or she is completely out of the loop on such issues as governing the country and other minutia like that.

It's the former, not the latter.

Yingluk

Are you directly accusing Yingluck of lying Buchholz? Do you have evidence and proof that she is?

Yingluk

Are you directly accusing Yingluck of lying Buchholz? Do you have evidence and proof that she is?

Do you have evidence that she was telling the truth?

He says any officers found guilty would be transferred. Wow. What a penalty they would be forced to pay. Any talk about prosecution? Any talk of massive fines? It is an accepted culture, that these guys earn only 10,000 baht per month, or so, so they have to make up for it elsewhere. Until that attitude changes, and the police start getting paid a real salary, can anything change? Will anything change? If the police captain is not arrested, convicted, and forced to pay a commensurate fine, like say 5,000,000 baht, with a 10 year sentence, how will things translate to the guys lower down the rung?

I hope the Thai people are now happy that they have voted in this government that they now have to live with their actions. The Democrats were not perfect but at least they tried to be honest and transparent. Now expect greater levels of corruption and graft. The Shinawatra empire is being expanded to dominate and run the country. Taksin was not joking when he wanted to run the country like a ceo; Shinawatra family group business=Thailand.

The democrats were honest and transparent? When? How? Where? What action made you come to that incredibly naive conclusion? All they did was to make sure the army got stronger, and the wealthiest families in Thailand got richer. They took every opportunity they could to ensure the average Thai saw no improvement in their lives. Can you point to anything they did that displayed honesty? The ranking of Thailand during the reign of Abhisit dropped 20 points on the scale of press journalism. The censorship as greater than ever. Where was the honesty? Was that just wishful thinking? The Thai people voted Yingluck into power. That is more than what could be said about Abhisit, who was basically appointed by the generals. Sour grapes?

I'm not the one, on a public forum, accusing her of lying.

What kind of evidence will you accept? Flaming letters on a stone tablet handed down by God? The available evidence is consistent with the view that her statement was (being kind) "wrong". Taking into account that she is PM and presumably has a legion of advisers and briefings a reasonable person might suspect it was somewhat more than just wrong.

If a politician does something bad you should criticise them, not apologise for it.

What kind of evidence will you accept? Flaming letters on a stone tablet handed down by God? The available evidence is consistent with the view that her statement was (being kind) "wrong". Taking into account that she is PM and presumably has a legion of advisers and briefings a reasonable person might suspect it was somewhat more than just wrong.

If a politician does something bad you should criticise them, not apologise for it.

I'm not apologising for anything and my post was directed at Bucholz, not you. I'll await his reply, thank you.

"If a politician does something bad you should criticise them, not apologise for it."

That should be a consistency, but it usually only happens along party political lines on this forum.

Anyway, he was a political appointee, he's done a demonstrably pisspoor job, and he's been moved sideways to a cushy number (all, no doubt, negotiated and approved by all the Important People. Let's see if the Thaksin appointee does any better. He will struggle to do any worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

"Not fair! How can I be expected to know the existence of so many gambling dens in Bangkok. I cannot be everywhere." National Police Chief Pol General Wichean Potephosree said. "it's sabotage! It's Bush's fault."

Good old GW Bush's fault?, total nonsense, I have had firm evidence sent to me that its down to the Israeli secret service Mossad who are doing their level best to destabilize the Country !.

Yingluck has only got one adviser and everyone with half a gramme of grey matter knows who he is!!.

Yingluck has only got one adviser and everyone with half a gramme of grey matter knows who he is!!.

She appears to have several, but I expect one is listened to a lot more than others, as you alluded to. But there was a similar problem with the last government. And, when this was pointed out on the forum, there was ferocious denial and attack toward any posters suggesting it. Funny thing, politics, isn't it?

IMHO most Thais have no respect for police. Nobody misses out on having to give them the "Egyptian Handshake". This move will only show the redshirt supporters that the Taksin government is not 'of the workers,for the workers', and has not intention of doing a skerrick about corruption.

Anyway, he was a political appointee, he's done a demonstrably pisspoor job, and he's been moved sideways to a cushy number (all, no doubt, negotiated and approved by all the Important People. Let's see if the Thaksin appointee does any better. He will struggle to do any worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

One difference between the appointment of this police chief and the new police chief, is that the current one was appointed 9 months after the Democrats came to power and after the retirement of the previous police chief. No one was forced out to make the appointment.

"Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, .......................said any officials found guilty in the gambling dens' probe would be transferred in seven days of the investigation's completion.

Transferred. Not Fired and charged. Oh no, that would waaaay to harsh.

Transferers and transferees, joined at the hip....pocket, that is, where the wallet resides.