Thai Police To Tackle Drug Trafficking Seriously

webfact

It took the Rodney King riots in LA before action was taken against the LAPD.

It takes severe lack of knowledge regarding the events around the RK-riots to suggest it was a catalyst of any real significant memorable change in the LAPD and severely diminishes the real work that was done to clean up the disreputably police department.

But I digress...

I suggest you consult Google as there are multiple articles on the subject. Please read them. The beating & subsequent riot was the catalyst for reform. It also led to the removal of Chief Darryl Gates.

I'm sure Ron Paul agrees with me.

It took the Rodney King riots in LA before action was taken against the LAPD.

It takes severe lack of knowledge regarding the events around the RK-riots to suggest it was a catalyst of any real significant memorable change in the LAPD and severely diminishes the real work that was done to clean up the disreputably police department.

But I digress...

I suggest you consult Google as there are multiple articles on the subject. Please read them. The beating & subsequent riot was the catalyst for reform. It also led to the removal of Chief Darryl Gates.

I'm sure Ron Paul agrees with me.

The hard work to clean up LAPD happened before and was completely disconnected to the RK incident. It, since the court-verdict launched riots, had their political sacrifices - including the Chief of Police appointment of Williams and then his tenure being cut short when some thought he didn't implement the steps towards any outside seen change - but it was much more on a Public Relations level than any meaningful structural change being done to change the culture on the other side of the blue line.

And I doubt you have any idea what Paul thinks about this or most other subjects. Whatever value it has for this debate.

In anyway, I will let you go back to sheering for extrajudicial murders now.

Police General Prewpan then warned drug dealers to stop their illegal activities or they will face strong suppression drive. He said he also has a name list of all police officers involved with drug trafficking and asked them to cease their activities immediately.

He's not going to prosecute them, just ask them to stop?

EPIC FAIL!!!!! (and he hasn't even started yet).

Thank you! If they want to be serious about this, every name on that list should be thrown in jail or shot. Then maybe people actually COULD get out of the drug trade so they're not having to make payments to these "officers". The cycle will go on till the biggest link is broken.

Regardless of your politics, how the hell can they let drug-trafficking police stay on the payroll?

If he has a list of names of police dealing drugs, why doesn't he have them shot? Are police entitled to more rights than non-uniformed civilians?

And why do they continue this farce about his promotion? Now it's 14 candidates - you could include Mickey Mouse and nobody would notice.

mickey mouse is a pal of mine he would never join these bandits,;)

Don't be so sure. Mickey Mouse hangs out with Goofy so he'd fit right in.