Snakes

BigC

Is there any chamicals that i can spray round my house that is safe for humans that can deter sname from entering my house or compound. Also if there is a chemical is it dangerous for dogs or cats or other pets.

any info would be great

cheers

ps. my reasons are that i worry that when my baby is sleeping that one could sneak in an snap. The baby could not even walk away even if it did know that it was a dangerous animal

cheers

keep your grass cut, trim any trees in the yard so that they aren't touching your house, get a subwoofer and play some funkadelic music and you'll be alright.

i've got a few kids and i'm more concerned about the chemicals. if you are really really concerned, get yourself a poodle or other lap dog like the ones that thai's seem to think is mandatory for every motorbike ride and they'll protect your yard for sure.

i just had a snake in my yard for the first time in years yesterday. tried to take up residence in my engine compartment and after a brief sojourn on my hood when i left yesterday has now relocated to the side of the road in ban tai somewhere.

get a cat, i have 2 stray cats that patrol, and they will chase away or eat the snake

get yourself a poodle or other lap dog like the ones that thai's seem to think is mandatory for every motorbike ride and they'll protect your yard for sure.

they arnt that helpful lol

snake.jpg

Mix 2 cups of sulfur, 1 cup of moth ball flakes and ½ cup crushed red pepper. Sprinkle this in a thick line around the perimeter of your yard, garden, outbuildings and home. Replace every 30 days or following wet weather. You can buy it in the pharmacy by the kg. Good luck.

Mix 2 cups of sulfur, 1 cup of moth ball flakes and ½ cup crushed red pepper. Sprinkle this in a thick line around the perimeter of your yard, garden, outbuildings and home. Replace every 30 days or following wet weather. You can buy it in the pharmacy by the kg. Good luck.

then he will have all the ladyboys at his house stiffing it all up :whistling:

get a cat, i have 2 stray cats that patrol, and they will chase away or eat the snake

get yourself a poodle or other lap dog like the ones that thai's seem to think is mandatory for every motorbike ride and they'll protect your yard for sure.

snake.jpg

most important i think is that the snake is not going to sneak up on the dog, they trip the dog alarm well in advance and that is what really matters for a situation like in the OP. it's not a fight to the death but an alarm system.

snake.jpg

most important i think is that the snake is not going to sneak up on the dog, they trip the dog alarm well in advance and that is what really matters for a situation like in the OP. it's not a fight to the death but an alarm system.

looks like this dog forgot to put his alarm on

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

i DIDN'T ABOUT SNAKES WILL HAVE TO WARN THE WIFE PMSL

I have been told that planting aloa vera deters snakes. :shock1:

(It also keeps your skin soft, and sooths sunburn :whistling:)

The cobras near my place always give the aloa vera a wide berth! Unfortunately I still see them on the road.

hmmm.... never heard of Aloe Vera deterring snakes, I have a few plants around, ... perhaps that is why I don't see many snakes around my house??? :)

... but the locals say that Lemon Grass is supposed to work ... I have that too... I'd say on average I see two or three smallish cobras a year.... and the odd Rat snake....

Sometimes pythons make their way to the neigbours chickens.... that's not fun! ..... Gets them in a bit of a flutter! :D

mothballs around the perimeter of your house, some people say their dogs eat them but I guess mine aren't that stupid as they haven't ever touched them. Cobras don't climb so if your house is up on stilts you are safe and most pythons won't tangle with a person much less a tiny little dog like a chihuahua, suspect our Isaan friends working on Samui have ensured there isn't a large snake population left.

i DIDN'T ABOUT SNAKES WILL HAVE TO WARN THE WIFE PMSL

don't sunbath under trees near the beach, the odd snake falls down from time to timebiggrin.gif

that depends if the wife starts playing up and i say nowt lol but cheers for the up

Edited by doingok

that sounds more like what i was looking for. cheers for that

I have for many years used Naphthalene Balls on my doorsteps. It keep the snakes and other reptiels away. Yoy can by it cheap in Tesco Lutus.

do u know where i can buy some Naphthalene Balls . it is just that in the past i have had about atotal of about 4 or 5 snakes maybe more inside my house. i haven't got time to work out their motive for being there if my kid is lying on the floor or somewhere. i would just kill it that way it cannot rtn.

though if i find a chemical that keeps them away anyway. then tere is no dead snake and no harm to my baby.

thaanks for all the information.

if people could post where they get theor chemicals from like moth ball and other usfull stuff. i can take them to my lab for experimientation.

thanks

I have for many years used Naphthalene Balls on my doorsteps. It keep the snakes and other reptiels away. Yoy can by it cheap in Tesco Lutus.

do u know where i can buy some Naphthalene Balls . it is just that in the past i have had about atotal of about 4 or 5 snakes maybe more inside my house. i haven't got time to work out their motive for being there if my kid is lying on the floor or somewhere. i would just kill it that way it cannot rtn.

though if i find a chemical that keeps them away anyway. then tere is no dead snake and no harm to my baby.

if people could post where they get theor chemicals from like moth ball and other usfull stuff. i can take them to my lab for experimientation.

thanks

Yoy can easily by it at Tesco Lutus or Big C. I got this advice from a Thai living in Isan many yers ago after I also had a Cobra inside my house. Since then my house have been free of snakes, and I will never stop using it. Good luck.

thanks

Yoy can easily by it at Tesco Lutus or Big C. I got this advice from a Thai living in Isan many yers ago after I also had a Cobra inside my house. Since then my house have been free of snakes, and I will never stop using it. Good luck.

cheers nice 1. getting all antie snaked up. put signs up round my business. saying no snakes alloud. human or animal or humananimals

thanks

INSIDE?! As in, actually inside?!

thanks

INSIDE?! As in, actually inside?!

:ermm::lol:

Yoy can easily by it at Tesco Lutus or Big C.

Didn't see them yesterday - might have been hidden? Anyway, Makro had them this morning, 2 big bags for about THB 140 I think. Very clear label saying naphthalene. Look like those white things you have in urinals!:bah:

Edited by itishothere

Didn't see them yesterday - might have been hidden? Anyway, Makro had them this morning, 2 big bags for about THB 140 I think. Very clear label saying naphthalene. Look like those white things you have in urinals!:bah:

Traditional use & name = Mothballs.

Possum & Bush rats derterenrs too.:)

Thats correct. Good luck without the snakes.biggrin.gif

snake.jpg

biggrin.gif

i'm not as concerned with any of those lap dogs surviving that encounter as i am with a human baby. chances are that that little yap yap yapper didn't get eaten without telling everyone in the neighborhood what was going on. that's what really matters to me. at the rate that soi dogs are breeding around here, and the few snakes i ever see around here anymore, we could use a few more snakes to keep the dog population under control.

Hi,

Hate to bring this up so far into the discussion, but there are some serious health risks associated with Naphthalene. Especially if the toddler eats them. As a more middle of the road source, I've included a link to Wikipedia. Other web pages will be more alarming. Eating them is the worst, but the fumes are also a cause for concern. Wikipedia suggests using the more natural Camphor, but I don't know of any value to this as a snake deterrent Just something to search about if you are exposed to them a lot, or especially with toddlers - got to protect the 'wee ones'.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naphthalene>

Hope this helps,

Buzzer

No, i think about beavers a lot though!

Leckyman...do you live on a dam? :D aren't the beavers herbivore?

The OP seems to have a problem in getting rid of snakes, the badger likes to eat snakes of any sizes or danger, have a look at the "Diet" section on the Wikipedia link i previously posted :)