The Wally In Seat 17 A

roamer

I can watch a movie any day, anywhere. I can only look out at the gorgeous scenery on the rare occasions I'm in an airplane. I hope I never lose my fascination with the size and beauty of what's below me in favor of some lousy, censored junk that Hollywood puts out. That said, I usually go to the back of the plane and look out the portholes on the back door so I don't disturb those around me and get those stares. Kind of sad, really.

Your point is taken. Like the majority of air travelers you are also clearly the sort of person who places more importance on not disturbing others than a simple urge to look out of the window. Whatever the view.

After all, watching a crappy movie disturbs no one else, drunks talking loudly, the frequent pissers* in a window seat, the daylight blind openers all have one thing in common - They have made a mental decision not to be concerned with the comfort of others...

I really can't believe anyone is stupid enough to open a window blind and leave it open, flooding the cabin with light without thinking 'F@#K everybody else, I paid for my ticket and I'll do what I like'....

I do feel sorry for parents travelling with unruly kids. There is not much they can do, or much those around them can do. However, I do suspect the parents may be to blame in the first place.

Writing with minimal experience: My sisters have playful and noisy kids who are apparently remarkably well behaved on flights, because they are told to play quietly - to be honest most kids on a flight are the same. Like the oaf who opens the window blind, the unruly kids are few an far between – we only really spot the naughty ones, not the good ones.

I’ve once sat in business class behind a couple with a 6 month old baby. Each time the baby cried the parents carried it off out of the cabin, we could still hear it, but the noise reduces. Each time the baby cried it was fed or the parents did what they can to comfort their child. Again, a lot of this comes down to education and consideration for others. I’ve seen other parents of young babies just let their child lie there and scream – this I can’t tolerate, at least do something, i.e. bottle, dummy, take them to the galley etc… (obviously difficult when landing or taking off).

*I call them that as they seem pee to such a frequency they must be collecting air-miles for each journey to the toilets.

Babies cry mostly on take off and landing because of the cabin pressure variations :wai:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic