British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

That is simply astounding English ability for a (presumably uneducated) menial Thai worker. One really has to compliment her on being on par with a native English speaker. :rolleyes:

Just like the native English speaking editors at that newspaper.

For the farang benefit l would suggest she had a little help with translation eh. :rolleyes:

????????????

Are some people so limited in their ability to comprehend that that they can't realize this "may" be a translation of what she said? and are there really people posting here that have not seen quotes from people, such as world leaders, in their native tongue even though the comments were made in a different language????????

There really should be some kind of age verification before they allow people to participate in adult conversation here.

I was referring to the girl friend, so don't get your knickers in a twist eh. :rolleyes:

Not sure I understand ... aren't we all talking about the girlfriend? And unless the comments apply to you, then they don't.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last executions in Thailand are listed as 2 in 2008.

Though several (low estimate) have happened to die(some by gunfire) in police custody. :rolleyes: Of course none of these were executed though.

I remember buying an FHM magazine with an interview with the chief executioner describing how he was about to retire. Maybe they need a headhunter.

She said"At first it didn't look like he [Aldhouse] had anything. We didn't know he had a knife because his hands were in his pockets"

That is simply astounding English ability for a (presumably uneducated) menial Thai worker. One really has to compliment her on being on par with a native English speaker. :rolleyes:

lool, really clutching at straws now heho. Embarrassing

It must be true then, if the Thai police are claiming it in a case that they've lost massive face over. Was that the same Lt.Col that claimed Aldhouse would never get off Phuket, and then that they'll have him extradited and back on Phuket within a week? :rolleyes:

Those lovely police down there sure do need to save face on this one. And the authorities on Phuket are as honest as the day is long. :lol:

yawn...

yes, we all understand your position by now heho. What's the point in even continuing the discussion when anything you don't want to hear is just going to be explained away by the police being corrupt.

For the farang benefit l would suggest she had a little help with translation eh. :rolleyes:

????????????

Are some people so limited in their ability to comprehend that that they can't realize this "may" be a translation of what she said?

Sorry, I thought you said 'She said'. So it may not even be her saying that?

This reminds me of an Italian Chelsea manager a decade or so ago whose translator got sacked after some 'colourfully imagined' translation in front of the cameras!

Still waiting for your claimed forensic evidence placing Aldhouse at the murder scene, Nisa. That wasn't a figment of your imagination per chance? Maybe it was just some dodgy Thai 'translation'. :rolleyes:

Edited by hehehoho

Steelepulse - "So that photo without any other knowledge of Freedom except for the "reputation" that you've heard about brings you to this judgement? I've known the proprietor and the establishment since it opened and it has always been a no bar fine no taking girls bar since it opened. Have all the wait staff been lying to all the punters that are within earshot of me for the past multiple years whenever any punter mentions a bar fine?

BTW, I see the photo in question that you are talking about and how is that different than any bar in the UK, OZ,SA, USA or anywhere else during Christmas? Do you and hehe know something that I don't?

"

What the hell! How on earth have you seen the (personal) photos I am talking about??!!

And actually yes, the pubs I frequented in the UK did not have bar staff running around in tiny Father Xmas mini-skirts - although admittedly they did normally have a bit of tinsel round their neck and 'flashing' Xmas type earrings. But this aside, I'm VERY interested to hear how you have seen the "photo" I'm talking about :shock1:!

Sorry, you got me there. I was referring to the photos that were posted above this post that looked like Christmas photos to me (BTW those photos sure look like a bar anywhere in the world, not like a "hooker bar" as you refer to the place), so I have not seen your Christmas photos in which you proclaim that these girls are hookers. Please post those photos. Just click on the "attach this file" when you reply. Please tell me the photo didn't capture "in flagrante delicto" . I'm sure it didn't.

Now go ahead and address the rest of the below statement. I'm sure the proprietors as well as myself would love to hear what you know that we don't know in regards to bar fines and leaving with customers seeing as you know the "reputation".

Go ahead and address the following:

>>>I've known the proprietor and the establishment since it opened and it has always been a no bar fine no taking girls bar since it opened. Have all the wait staff been lying to all the punters that are within earshot of me for the past multiple years whenever any punter mentions a bar fine? Do you and hehe know something that I don't?

Edited by steelepulse

Sounds like lots of hearsay and speculation. The only so called 'witness' may or may not have been a prostitute, not that that matters too much at this point. The one so called 'quote' from 'her' almost certainly comes from a native English speaker. There's no other witness, conflicting reports in the media of what she actually witnessed, and there's no other evidence yet presented of Aldhouse being at the murder scene. (video or forensic).

It's an interesting case for sure.

Edited by hehehoho

Only somebody very dishonest with themselves and others would not see this as what is a termed an 'Open and Shut Case" at this point.

Eye Witness to the murder

Aldhouse's own girlfriend who has turned against him and cooperating with police

Witness stating Aldhouse said he wanted to kill somebody before the murder

Many Witness who saw Aldhouse pick a fight with the victim right before the murder

Many Witness who say Aldhouse was enraged after losing the fight with the victim (motive)

Many Witness and evidence showing Aldhouse is a violent person with a history of violence, crimes and using deadly weapons

Video Tape of Aldhouse stealing the murder weapon moments before the murder

Witnesses trying to stop an enraged Aldhouse from continuing on in his enraged mood after stealing the knives

Forensic Police confirmed the knife was the murder weapon

Aldhouse actions after the facts including running from police and fleeing the country

Not to mention the fact that UK courts and authorities have already determined he more than likely committed the murder even after his lawyers were able to present a case to dispute evidence presented against him.

Also, this is not mentioning or even speculating on the evidence the police have not released in the case as is 100% normal in a criminal case.

Even with just some of the evidence becoming public now, We know there is a plethora of evidence to show Aldhous had motive, means and opportunity to kill this person as well as an eye witness to the crime and forensics linking the knife, that he had possession of, to the crime.

I would suspect after being extradited he will make a deal and avoid a trial in hopes of one day seeing freedom again.

Edited by Nisa

If Aldhouse was smart, he would be having his lawyers trying to cut a deal with Thai prosecutors in exchange for waiving extradition. He could probably get 10-years or less if he did this instead of the life sentence he will almost surely get if he fights the charges.

Forensic evidence? Can somebody please show a source forensically linking Lee Aldhouse to the scene through either DNA or fingerprints?

Or a link to a source stating that the RTP even have his DNA or fingerprints? :blink: because I have never seen one and do not believe there can be forensic evidence linking the accused to the murder without the authorities possessing either of these.

Nisa?

Also adding that there are over 6000 7-11s in Thailand. Each of these probably has how many knives? Unless each 7-11 knife in Thailand has a unique barcode on it, and this is recorded as each knife is given to each particular store in some sort of 7-11 knife database, I do not believe a particular knife can be forensically linked to one particular store. There's probably a few 7-11 owners on here, it would be great to here from them with regards to each and every knife being officially catalogued to each 7-11 in the country.

Edited by hehehoho

Not sure what the term is in Thailand but in order to convict somebody in the US of a crime, the judge or jury needs to believe the accused committed the crime "beyond a reasonable doubt" .... I guess that is why they screen jurors first to make sure they are reasonable people to begin with as an unreasonable person cannot be reasonable when looking at even overwhelming evidence.

Strange that rather simple questions, that have a simple answer, are always ignored by those with some sort of need to avoid them. :blink:

I'm simply looking for all the facts available. People make claims on here then ignore when asked to provide any sort of back up?? :huh:

Makes you wonder if they're just inventing evidence to support their beliefs. It certainly seems so. :(

Edited by hehehoho

Not sure what the term is in Thailand but in order to convict somebody in the US of a crime, the judge or jury needs to believe the accused committed the crime "beyond a reasonable doubt" .... I guess that is why they screen jurors first to make sure they are reasonable people to begin with as an unreasonable person cannot be reasonable when looking at even overwhelming evidence.

Wonder would a reasonable person (as this jury duty sees it) make claims of evidence then ignore every question when they're asked to show something to support one's claims?

Think they'd be back at work before lunch time. :lol:

I would suspect after being extradited he will make a deal and avoid a trial in hopes of one day seeing freedom again.

He's not going to be extradited but the appeals process will take a long time. I'm pretty sure the UK authorities will do their best to have him sent to trial one way or another but they won't be allowed to send him to Thailand even though they appear to want to send him.

It would appear that cases like this are very rare, I wonder if it could somehow be referred to the International Criminal Court if/when the ECHR blocks his extradition assuming the case gets that far. They have plenty of time to amend any rules to cater for him.

People like him shouldn't be allowed to slip through the cracks and recent decisions by the ECHR appear to have opened a gap where people can potentially escape justice for crimes like this. In that kind of scenario an alternative will be found and this could be the motivation to setup a framework to provide that alternative.

Wonder would a reasonable person (as this jury duty sees it) make claims of evidence then ignore every question when they're asked to show something to support one's claims?

Think they'd be back at work before lunch time. :lol:

Please quote me here in terms of what I claimed and have not responded to ... if you are not capable of doing this and instead want to pretend I said things I didn't, then it is actually going beyond being unreasonable and getting into either untruthfulness or your ability to comprehend what you read.

>>Also adding that there are over 6000 7-11s in Thailand

He got the knife from the 7/11 50 metres away from the bar. Plenty of eyewitnesses to this along with the video footage with a timestamp.

Edited by metisdead
31) Members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Bangkokpost.com or Phuketwan inside topics on Thaivisa.com. Posts from members containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Members posting links referring back to the sites is

^ Unless the knife used in the murder (and reports say it was another) has been catalogued as issued to that one 7-11 store than I cannot see how it can be forensically traced to that one store.

Just how unique are these knifes anyway. They're not the same as are available to all and sundry in Big-C I hope? :huh:

Edited by hehehoho

>>Also adding that there are over 6000 7-11s in Thailand

He got the knife from the 7/11 50 metres away from the bar. Plenty of eyewitnesses to this along with the video footage with a timestamp.

Here's a few videos for you hehe.

The knives were also not being sold at the store but were used by the staff for cutting sausages / hotdogs.

^ Unless that knife has been catalogued as issued to that one 7-11 store than I cannot see how it can be forensically traced to it.

What does that have to do with anything? What does matter is the knife in the video that shows the policeman holding the suspected murder weapon. I'm sure that knife has forensic evidence of which will be used if and when a trial is held.!

He's not going to be extradited but the appeals process will take a long time. I'm pretty sure the UK authorities will do their best to have him sent to trial one way or another but they won't be allowed to send him to Thailand even though they appear to want to send him.

It would appear that cases like this are very rare, I wonder if it could somehow be referred to the International Criminal Court if/when the ECHR blocks his extradition assuming the case gets that far. They have plenty of time to amend any rules to cater for him.

People like him shouldn't be allowed to slip through the cracks and recent decisions by the ECHR appear to have opened a gap where people can potentially escape justice for crimes like this. In that kind of scenario an alternative will be found and this could be the motivation to setup a framework to provide that alternative.

I disagree and believe there is a near zero chance for him to avoid extradition. Extradition is a common thing around the globe. Even if Thailand has never formally sought and/or obtained an extradition from the UK before, they have a mutual extradition treaty that if not honored will make it worthless and the UK will never see another wanted person returned to them from Thailand if they ignore the treaty for reasons such as humanity reasons ... which is really about the only option he has with this kind of overwhelming evidence and the death penalty being taken off the table. Not to mention the US has already made it clear they want the suspect brought back to Thailand to stand trial and it has been reported that the US has helped in the investigation and building the case.

It would be extremely unlikely that the ECHR even gets involved in a case like this.

Please quote me here in terms of what I claimed and have not responded to

When pressed on your claims that there is forensic evidence linking the accused to the crime scene.

Forensic Evidence:

Blood from the knive(s)/murder weapons he stole from the 7-11 shortly before the murder

likely finger prints from the same knive(s)

likely documents (passport included) showing Aldhouse fled Thailand after the murder

Where is your source linking that Lee Aldhouse's blood (or dna or fingerprints) have been forensically linked to the murder scene?

Or that the RTP even have his dna/prints for that matter?

As for 'likelys' they don't back up claims of 'There is .....'.

Please quote me here in terms of what I claimed and have not responded to

When pressed on your claims that there is forensic evidence linking the accused to the crime scene.

Forensic Evidence:

Blood from the knive(s)/murder weapons he stole from the 7-11 shortly before the murder

likely finger prints from the same knive(s)

likely documents (passport included) showing Aldhouse fled Thailand after the murder

Where is your source linking that Lee Aldhouse's blood (or dna or fingerprints) have been forensically linked to the murder scene?

Or that the RTP even have his dna/prints for that matter?

As for 'likelys' they don't back up claims of 'There is .....'.

You REPEATEDLY are asking me to back of claims I didn't make but CONTINUE pretending I said these things. Why do you keep doing this? Is it for attention or do you sincerely lack reading comprehension skills?

Forensics Police have confirmed that the knife found at the scene was the murder weapon and a report from Vachira Hospital Phuket has confirmed that Mr Longfellow died from the knife wound, Lt Col Anukul said.

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives.

http://www.nationmul...--30136767.html

Edited by Nisa

I disagree and believe there is a near zero chance for him to avoid extradition. Extradition is a common thing around the globe. Even if Thailand has never formally sought and/or obtained an extradition from the UK before, they have a mutual extradition treaty that if not honored will make it worthless and the UK will never see another wanted person returned to them from Thailand if they ignore the treaty for reasons such as humanity reasons ... which is really about the only option he has with this kind of overwhelming evidence and the death penalty being taken off the table. Not to mention the US has already made it clear they want the suspect brought back to Thailand to stand trial and it has been reported that the US has helped in the investigation and building the case.

It would be extremely unlikely that the ECHR even gets involved in a case like this.

Ah, the old america has said it should happen so it should happen argument, i wondered when this would come out :lol:

let the British legal system deal with it, followed by the European courts, this is how it will happen whether america wants it to happen this way or not, the guy has rights and his rights will be adhered to, and all the bitching and moaning on a thai forum will not alter that one little iota, get used to this, the sooner you get used to this and understand this the better for you. Even if there is overwhelming evidence against aldhouse there is a big chance he will NOT be extradited to Thailand as that will infringe on his human rights, whether the death penalty is on the table or not.

can this nonsense be put to be now.

lets just agree:

1. there is circumstantial evidence

2. Both men were involved in a bar brawl earlier

3. Both men had been asked to leave their training camps because of drink and influences outside affecting training

4. One man is alive, another man is dead.

5. None of us know what forensic evidence or witness statements are available

6. Aldhouse has some connections, the day after this 5 million Baht was paid into his bank account but was never used

7. Aldhouse will be extradited to Thailand if Thailand fits the bill and his lawyers do not argue his human rights based on the conditions and corrupt legal system in thailand and based on Extradition Act 2003.

8. based on number 7 Aldhouse will not be extradited to thailand, he will be walking round the UK as a free man as is one of his fellow nationals that was also refused to be extradited here.

9. America and americans can bitch and moan all the like, they can make all the representations they like, but this will be heard in the uk, then the ECHR if the British choose to extradite.

lock the thread now until something else happened with this case because I think one particular poster is about to have a coronary with the stress she is getting from refusing to understand a simple concept about the legal systems of countries other than her beloved usa .

Right time to go the gym <_<

Forensics Police have confirmed that the knife found at the scene was the murder weapon and a report from Vachira Hospital Phuket has confirmed that Mr Longfellow died from the knife wound, Lt Col Anukul said.

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives.

http://www.nationmul...--30136767.html

Yes, just read that 10 times, but i am struggling to see that where is states the knife was used was the knife taken from 7/11, it simply says he died from a stab would and the murder weapon was found at the scene. it does not say where that knife is from, or what, if any forensic evidence is on the knife.

But for Nisa to convict all she needs is a knife and a stab wound, doesn't matter if its the knife that was allegedly taken by the accused, that isn't important :lol:

Both men had been asked to leave their training camps because of drink and influences outside affecting training

I missed this, do you have a link that says the victim was kicked out of training? Everything I've read about his training says he excelled in his classes.

America and americans can bitch and moan all the like, they can make all the representations they like, but this will be heard in the uk, then the ECHR if the British choose to extradite.

Also missed where Americans or America were bitching and moaning.

Edited by Nisa