Book Shop In Kata

snamos

Yes her husband died and she had to move. She is opposite Don's Gym on Ket Kwan Rd. The one that goes to Big C.

There is also a new used books shop in Nai Harn called Book Cafe. Just past Sinbi Muay Thai coming from Kata. Right by that tiny litte gas fill up pump.

Yes her husband died and she had to move. She is opposite Don's Gym on Ket Kwan Rd. The one that goes to Big C.

There is also a new used books shop in Nai Harn called Book Cafe. Just past Sinbi Muay Thai coming from Kata. Right by that tiny litte gas fill up pump.

Ket Kwan goes to "Big One".

There is also another new used books shop in Sai Yuan turning right off of Viset Road at the stoplight/7-11...it's a few hundred meters up the road on the left. Located next to a second hand clothes shop and a little mom and pop shop.

Correct, Katekwan Road, same road as Sawasdee Village, Centara Kata and Alpina Nalina Resorts.

But she still is very expensive IMO.

Sorry where is Big O? and Katekwan road? this in Rawaii or Kata?

Im actually looking to offload some books so if she is still pricy then thats good for me :rolleyes:

Correct, Katekwan Road, same road as Sawasdee Village, Centara Kata and Alpina Nalina Resorts.

Im actually looking to offload some books so if she is still pricy then thats good for me :rolleyes:

if you are looking to offload some books, the best place to go is into phuket town to both used book stores on phang nga road. they will actually buy books from you, not just trade.

It's in Kata, on Patak Road, Big One super market. Same road as Alpina Resort, leading down to Club Med.

Ok I know patak rd and i know where big O supermarket is....so she is off that road there. Sorry to be daft...just cant work it out

Opposite the Big one supermarket there is a soi that goes down the hill and into Kata centre and you will end up behind club med between Ibis and Capanina, roughly.

if you are looking to offload some books, the best place to go is into phuket town to both used book stores on phang nga road. they will actually buy books from you, not just trade.

Yeah thanks amy. i allready got rid of a lot of them there. he wont accept swedish or german books though. i got 150 of them left in the boot of my car. I dont mind swapping them for something other than cash or books

and the new used book shop in nai harn is a funky little place. there's a big garden and food too, yoummy choc brownies

There is also another new used books shop in Sai Yuan turning right off of Viset Road at the stoplight/7-11...it's a few hundred meters up the road on the left. Located next to a second hand clothes shop and a little mom and pop shop.

Her name is Julie, I think. She closed down the book-store in Kata, that was called The Good Earth, due to a hike in rent. At the time, her husband Pan (used to own Pan's Lighthouse on the site of Jimmy's Lighthouse before it was built) was definitely alive at the time she moved.

She then went into partnership with another lady and they opened up a cafe cum western food store in the shop-houses in front of the Patak estate close to Hayaek circle. That went out of business in a year and I haven't heard of her since.

If Pan has died, that is sad news indeed.

Edited by KarenBravo

Her name is Julie, I think. She closed down the book-store in Kata, that was called The Good Earth, due to a hike in rent. At the time, her husband Pan (used to own Pan's Lighthouse on the site of Jimmy's Lighthouse before it was built) was definitely alive at the time she moved.

She then went into partnership with another lady and they opened up a cafe cum western food store in the shop-houses in front of the Patak estate close to Hayaek circle. That went out of business in a year and I haven't heard of her since.

I can confirm that she moved due to a hike in rent straight from her former place, next to Kata Country House, to her new shop on Katekwan Road.

• 3 weeks later...

..little bit of info:

There is a sports bar on the corner of a gravel soi opposite 7 Eleven in Kata central run by an American chap ( "Dukes" if mods allow?)...I was talking to an Aussie resident expat near there ..she told me there is an informal expat meeting first Monday of each month ( I think?)at which people swap or just take /give books and videos..

go grab a beer and ask...

..little bit of info:

There is a sports bar on the corner of a gravel soi opposite 7 Eleven in Kata central run by an American chap ( "Dukes" if mods allow?)...I was talking to an Aussie resident expat near there ..she told me there is an informal expat meeting first Monday of each month ( I think?)at which people swap or just take /give books and videos..

go grab a beer and ask...

Dukes is in Taina road, next to Ricos steak house

Hi KarenBravo different lady and different book shop. :) Julie closed her shop years ago and as far as I know she teaches yoga in Rawai now.