Easiest And/Or Cheapest Way To Do A Visa Run

I need to do a visa run in a few weeks. I live in the Rama 9, MRT area. Can anyone tell me the easiest and/or cheapest way to do a visa run?

I believe i can extend my 30 day permission to stay for 15 days, is that correct? Do i have to go to Chang Wattana to do this, or can i do it somewhere nearer?

Also, how many time is it allowed to do visa runs?

Thanks for any info.

No you can not extend a 30 day visa exempt entry for 15 days. You may be allowed 7 day to leave country but that may require show of ticket out.

What are you calling a visa run? There is no set limit on the number of visa exempt entries but after three you may be asked to explain why.

If all you have is a 30 day entry on arrival then the best you can hope for is 15 days at a land border or another 30 days re-entering Thailand by Air. You really should be getting a correct tourist Visa from a neighbouring country if you intend to extend your stay beyond another 15 days. It would make life alot easier and less travelling & hassle.

As an example: if you got a double entry tourist visa, thats two entries of 60 day duration, each one could be extended by 30 days so collectively you have the next 6 months sorted.

Edited by CharlieH

If all you have is a 30 day entry on arrival then the best you can hope for is 15 days at a land border or another 30 days re-entering Thailand by Air. You really should be getting a correct tourist Visa from a neighbouring country if you intend to extend your stay beyond another 15 days. It would make life alot easier and less travelling & hassle.

As an example: if you got a double entry tourist visa, thats two entries of 60 day duration, each one could be extended by 30 days so collectively you have the next 6 months sorted.

Thanks for all the replies.

CharlieH, Are you saying a double entry visa is relatively easy to get? I would need to go to KL for example and just rock up to the embassy there? Any idea how long one would take to process.

Cheers

CharlieH, Are you saying a double entry visa is relatively easy to get? I would need to go to KL for example and just rock up to the embassy there? Any idea how long one would take to process.

Cheers

A double entry tourist visa can be obtained from Consulates outside the Kingdom, the general procedure is apply day 1 collect day 2.

The success of an application is entirely dependant on individual circumstances and it would be wrong to state if it is "easy" or not as every case has its own merits. Suggest you search recent threads on visa applications in nearby countries for more current info.

Cheers

A double entry tourist visa can be obtained from Consulates outside the Kingdom, the general procedure is apply day 1 collect day 2.

The success of an application is entirely dependant on individual circumstances and it would be wrong to state if it is "easy" or not as every case has its own merits. Suggest you search recent threads on visa applications in nearby countries for more current info.

I understand that each application has it's merits etc. i was wondering if there are any specific requirements for getting a double entry, thats all.

Thanks for your help.