Uk Tourist Visa After Marrige In Thailand

Hi ,

Just a thought but are there any issues doing it this way around , marrying in Thailand , doing tb test , english test requirement , then apply for a tourist visa for wife ,if granted travel uk then apply for a settlement visa whilst in the UK , obviously explaining beforehand that this is your intension , are there any reasons they would object this way of doing it ?

7x7 is correct. You cannot apply for settlement in the UK whilst there on a visit visa. Well, actually you can, but it will be refused unless there are the most exceptional compelling circumstances for it to be issued.

In addition, it might be worth pointing out that if your wife does take the English test and TB test before applying for a visit visa, and you do not mention it in the visit visa application, then the application is likely to be refused. IOM, who conduct the TB tests, inform the British Embassy of all TB test applicants. If you don't inform the Embassy that your wife has taken the test, then they may well assume that her intention is, or was, to settle in the UK.

I did try arguing a case with the Embassy (UKBA) that it was breach of a person's rights for IOM to inform the Embassy that someone has taken a TB test, and that taking a test doesn't necessarily prove an intention to apply for a UK settlement visa. UKBA, in the form of the visa section at the Embassy, pointed out that there is a clause in the TB test application form giving IOM the right to disclose the information. I pointed out that I had seen the IOM form in other countries, and it didn't include that clause, but was informed that I must have seen "old " forms.

Apply for the Family Visit Visa first, your wife visits you in the UK, then returns to Thailand and applies for the settlement visa. You do not need the TB cert, English tests etc. for the visit visa.

Explain your plans in the first application ie. she wants to visit you, then later will apply for settlement, giving your reasons, eg. it's not the right time yet, she needs to tie up her affairs in Thailand, whatever your reasons are.

My wife has just been granted a Family Visit Visa, it was pretty straight forward, a lot of paperwork to get together, but not as bad as it can seem at first.

If I were you, I'd wait until you are ready to apply for settlement before getting all the TB/English tests, just makes it a simpler, more easily explainable timeline.

The fact that you're already married does not mean you'll have problems with the visit visa.

Apply for the Family Visit Visa first, your wife visits you in the UK, then returns to Thailand and applies for the settlement visa. You do not need the TB cert, English tests etc. for the visit visa.

Explain your plans in the first application ie. she wants to visit you, then later will apply for settlement, giving your reasons, eg. it's not the right time yet, she needs to tie up her affairs in Thailand, whatever your reasons are.

My wife has just been granted a Family Visit Visa, it was pretty straight forward, a lot of paperwork to get together, but not as bad as it can seem at first.

If I were you, I'd wait until you are ready to apply for settlement before getting all the TB/English tests, just makes it a simpler, more easily explainable timeline.

The fact that you're already married does not mean you'll have problems with the visit visa.

yes that is an option but she came here for 4 months at the start of this year on a tourist visa , so i really want to make sure her next visa is a settlement visa for two years , its so expensive to have to fly back and forth all the time , and she would like to come here and be able to work so we can start saving for the future , so i think our next priority is to get married , then apply for the settlement visa in March, probably the best way to get around the problem of the three months ,

Cheers

Yes, you need to be married for the settlement visa. However, you could apply for the fiance visa, she could come to the UK, you get married, then apply for settlement whilst she's still in the UK

Have a look here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/

Might save all the flying back and forth?