I Need A Soundproofing Company/Material Supplier In Bangkok

Hi, I would like to soundproof one of my bedrooms in my condo in Bangkok and haven't been able to find any company - I've tried the Yellow Pages and Google and even the Ads on this forum but I haven't come up with anything. Could anyone post a link to a website or a number or a company which could give me a quote?

I joined a forum called supersoundproofing and there are literally thousands of people all over the world undertaking their own soundproofing projects, I've learnt a lot by reading the forum - everyone refers a lots to mass-loaded vinyl, green glue (which absorbs sound), 'floating' walls and the like - could anyone guide me where you buy this in Thailand, please? There is a US company called Acoustiblok but they don't sell in Thailand.

Thanks for any replies.

1) Grand Audio & Visual Com., Ltd. is selling sound insulation products from the US company Nucore Cathedral Sound.

www.grand-av.com/

www.cathedralsound.com/

2) Komfortsound Co. Ltd. is selling sound insulation products from the Portugese company Vicoustic.

www.komfortsound.com/

www.vicoustic.com/vn/Homecinema/default.asp

3) Pyanas Electric Ltd. is selling sound insulation products from the Thai company Miccell Co. Ltd. located in Samut Prakan.

www.piyanas.com/

www.miccell.com/

we had allot of trouble searching for soundproofing material and for someone to do it,

finally after a year of complaining to Juristic and writing here the manager got us a contractor,

2 rooms sound proofed with that insulation foam after bricking up the ceilings and walls in both

rooms and we also wanted exhaust fans installed in ceiling since we had problems with the short time

renters next door smoking and stinking up the place.

Since the insulation we don't hear or smell anything however, we don't know if

our complaints about short time rentals being illegal were being acknowledged and maybe the apartments are

empty next door or have decent people or if the construction which took four men six weeks and cost over

100000 baht is really working.

We know the one apartment to the left of us has been empty.

In any case we had them contract drapes and screens and screen doors as well but when we

ask them to come back and fix they say yes they will but never call back, so as usual getting help

here has been a struggle.

If you want to PM me I will give you his number, but we cannot give you a hundred percent guarantee

if it works or if they will do a good job for you.

I stay home allot and watched them for weeks it was a messy job but I can send you pics of what they did,

the walls and ceiling of this place and the electric outlets were useless and thin and we took pictures

to try and get the developer to reimburse some of the money, but they refuse to acknowledge the building has

problems.

We cannot believe once the walls and ceilings were opened up how they build here it is frightening.

Good luck

1) Grand Audio & Visual Com., Ltd. is selling sound insulation products from the US company Nucore Cathedral Sound.

www.grand-av.com/

www.cathedralsound.com/

2) Komfortsound Co. Ltd. is selling sound insulation products from the Portugese company Vicoustic.

www.komfortsound.com/

3) Pyanas Electric Ltd. is selling sound insulation products from the Thai company Miccell Co. Ltd. located in Samut Prakan.

www.piyanas.com/

www.miccell.com/

aussiebb,

Looks like you have been doing your research. Soundprofing

www.grand-av.com/

www.cathedralsound.com/

www.komfortsound.com/

www.piyanas.com/

www.miccell.com/

aussiebb,

Looks like you have been doing your research so I think the comments below will be familiar.

From your post and subsequent research you I am sure that you can see two very different areas when using the word :soundproofing.

One: sound isolation.

Two: sound adsorption.

Very brief overview:

Without going into it to deep, sound isolation would require "floating" the room. This requires building a room within a room.

In a pre-stressed concrete building like 99%+ of BKK condos,

this is not a cost effective alternative. Unless that is what you want to do. Everyone that has lived in a condo of this construction experiences the ongoing renovation of someones condo on the 4th. floor while you may be living on the 20th.

with that renovation sounding like it is right next door. This is the nature of low frequency sound transmission with this type of construction.

Sound absorption is generally an attempt to cancel bass reflection and "flutter" in a room to provide a more balanced

sound for a home theater and or audio mixing facility.

You did not mention your desired goal with "soundproofing."

Sleep?

Home theater?

Peace and quite?

Other?

If you can mention your goal, I can offer more targeted suggestions. I work with sound and am an audio engineer.

Best regards and please feel free to PM me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post replies, I'll contact those three companies.

My goal for soundproofing was to give more peace and quiet, especially at night when I suffer from lack of sleep on occasion. I'm aware of how expensive it may be so achieve that, it's like building a fish tank - if water can get in so can sound, and yes, it would have to be a room within a room. I don't need silence but just a reduction in the sound.

I chose to buy a condo in what started off as a good area, but quickly there became problems with noise from pubs, pickup trucks and the like. I have discovered for myself that noise is, on occasion, inevitable. My condo has been on the market for a year now, still unsold without a substantial reduction in price and my goal would be to soundproof just one of my three bedrooms, the smallest one - more like a box-room really - this may cost well over 100,000 baht but would be cheaper than selling the condo at a loss. To be honest though, everywhere has problems with noise; even before when I rented a house, all my neighbors had dogs, for example. I know some people don't mind it at all, and just sleep through anything!

Anyway, I'll follow up those leads, for the time being.

Thanks again.

• 7 years later...

Hi, I am considering soundproofing for a party wall of my condo main bedroom. I have already sealed the walls up to the concrete floor above! I can still hear the sound of slamming doors and my neighbour's young sons' running around late at night. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edited by grahambkk
Grammar

You must first work out whether you are hearing impact noise (thumping footsteps, slamming doors, moving furniture) or airborne noise (voices, music). Some noises can be a combination of the two (heavy bass music).

The solution for each problem will be different - and it will also be different depending on whether the noise is coming from above or from the sides - but basically you need to create some sort of second wall/ceiling between you and the existing wall/ceiling, and the two walls must be completely disassociated from each other, and that means paying attention to where the walls meet the floors and ceilings also.

For walls, mass-loaded vinyl as a skin behind a new stud wall would normally do the trick. It is a simple and quick job, though finding the proper vinyl may be tricky here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mass-loaded+vinyl

For ceilings it will be a much bigger job and will vary according to the way your condo ceiling is constructed.

Impact noise is the hardest to deal with of the two types, as it travels a long way.