Wedding In Phuket / Koh Samui Help!

qoo_qilie

Hey all,

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in Thailand, we’ve never been there, but heard good things about Phuket and Koh Samui. But we’ve no idea how much it’s going to cost or where to do it exactly. Can anyone give us some tips or lend us your experience on getting married there.

We’re looking at setting up a small wedding, less than 20 people, but we don’t know or have anyone local to help us plan it. Ideally, we’d like to have the ceremony at the beach or somewhere unique and outdoors; then afterwards, we’d like to have our reception set up in a nice place with authentic Thai food.

What are some good hotels for this sort of ceremony?

Are there any better ideas than doing it at a hotel?

What are some good entertainment ideas?

What are we looking at for costs, hotel, wedding, and food etc…

BTW, we’ll be officially married before going to Thailand, so this is just to celebrate with a Thai ceremony.

Hi,

Either Ko Samui or Phuket are well set up to create your wedding day event. There are some magnificent beach locations at both destinations, some at major hotels and others in quiet little corners of either island.

What you need to decide is what sort of wedding you want. You have several options including a traditional Thai ceremony, complete with drums and buddhist monks, or you can have a more western style wedding (traditional or otherwise), or you could have a combination of the two, or even something completely different. Do you want your reception party on the beach too, or maybe in a private part of a luxury hotel restaurant? There are lots of options for you. The cost will be reflected by the inclusions you want, but regardless of how grand or simple your wedding will be, you will find it much cheaper (and of course, amazingly beautiful) to have your wedding here in Thailand.

For entertainment you also have many options - traditional Thai dancers, long drum ceremony, traditional Thai instrument sets, live music or DJ, western music, even fireworks! Again, there's lots of choices.

Finally, the price and options available to you will depend on when you plan to get married in Thailand - prices will be higher (especially for accommodation) during peak season.

How do I know all this? It's my job! I have a business which arranges weddings in Thailand. I just happened on your query here while searching for some other information, but would be happy to discuss your wedding plans with you further if you'd like. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give you an email address in this forum, but will run the risk, because I'm not sure if you will be able to contact me any other way if I don't (sorry if I'm breaking the rules!). You can reach me at [email protected]

Hope this has been of help to you and good luck with the wedding if you decide to go ahead with your plans independently.

Hey all,

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in Thailand, we’ve never been there, but heard good things about Phuket and Koh Samui. But we’ve no idea how much it’s going to cost or where to do it exactly. Can anyone give us some tips or lend us your experience on getting married there.

We’re looking at setting up a small wedding, less than 20 people, but we don’t know or have anyone local to help us plan it. Ideally, we’d like to have the ceremony at the beach or somewhere unique and outdoors; then afterwards, we’d like to have our reception set up in a nice place with authentic Thai food.

What are some good hotels for this sort of ceremony?

Are there any better ideas than doing it at a hotel?

What are some good entertainment ideas?

What are we looking at for costs, hotel, wedding, and food etc…

BTW, we’ll be officially married before going to Thailand, so this is just to celebrate with a Thai ceremony.