Returning To The Uk After 2 Years

wolvesfc

she must go in person to Bangkok with all the documentation including a letter of suport from you. Because she stayed 1o years before ( assuming it was with visas) it should be straightforward but all the documentation is a must. She can pay for them to post her passport back. It takes 1-2 weeks

If she's going back and lived there for 10 years, wouldn't she have received resident status ( not necessarily citizenship)?

If so, she would be a returning resident wouldn't she?

There are special procedures for returning residents (I think), which doesn't include the dreaded trip to Bangkok.

I'd nip to the British Consulate and get it checked out, it might be easier than you think.....it is for everyone else!

my girl friend wants to come back to the uk but has been in chiangmai for more than 2 years

Changed her mind? :whistling:

Misses all that great British grub! biggrin.gif

Was she in the UK for 10 years as a girl friend or wife?

The op said GF. Obviously didn't score in CM. :rolleyes:

my girl friend wants to come back to the uk but has been in chiangmai for more than 2 years

Changed her mind? :whistling:

Misses all that great British grub! biggrin.gif

Was she in the UK for 10 years as a girl friend or wife?

The op said GF. Obviously didn't score in CM. :rolleyes:

What was that a 10 year visitor visa?

we have been togeather for 13 years i met her in the uk she was divorced. she has the green visa to remain in the uk. we are not married . we had a house in the uk we sold it and built a house in chiangmai. she wanted to spend time with her son but has now decided she wants to come back. as for been apart for over 2 years we have not as i have been to see her for 2 months every year. thanks .

we have been togeather for 13 years i met her in the uk she was divorced. she has the green visa to remain in the uk. we are not married . we had a house in the uk we sold it and built a house in chiangmai. she wanted to spend time with her son but has now decided she wants to come back. as for been apart for over 2 years we have not as i have been to see her for 2 months every year. thanks .

Sounds like a smart move..........on her part.

If your g/f has a current British passport - no visa required. If it needs renewing it can be done in Bangkok for about 8,000 baht (I think).

If your g/f has a current British passport - no visa required. If it needs renewing it can be done in Bangkok for about 8,000 baht (I think).

Cannot be renewed in Bangkok, needs to be sent to Hong Kong.

If She has A British Passport She won't need a Visa. If her passport as run out she will of course have to get a new one. but NO Visa will be required.

i always thought if she travelled on her thai passport she has to return on her thai passport

so when she gets to london she just shows her british passport . she went out on her thai passport . her british passport has never been used so it does not have any stamps

If She has A British Passport She won't need a Visa. If her passport as run out she will of course have to get a new one. but NO Visa will be required.

i always thought if she travelled on her thai passport she has to return on her thai passport

I think you are right, you can hold two passports but you should use the one you travelled in with to return. She will certainly have to use it leaving Thailand because of the TM card and entry stamp. I would imagine that at UK Border just show the Thai passport with the accompanying British one, explaining the renewal, I don't think she would be refused admission. Why on earth didn't the British passport get renewed in UK?

How long do Thai passports last before they need renewing?

Surely, after 10 years in UK this problem must have been thought through before?

Have you ACTUALLY checked with the UK Border Agency?? What did they say? Or go to the Thai consulate here, it's not difficult.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Edited by uptheos