Charoen Cable Tv.

Bangyai

There are a number of such local area cable services in Bangkok now but do not believe they overlap coverage areas. Have been using http://hitcabletv.co.th/main.php for last several years in my area and very happy with it - but designed for and watched by Thai (although they do have a few channels in English). I download the programs I view and use computer. It costs us 7,000 baht per year for 5 connections.

O.k......well thanks for those answers. I agree that with most cable offerings I've seen there's not much I want to look at. Its mainly my wife who watches it. At the moment we are on the cheap true package at 500 a month. Nothing I watch on their either except 1 movie channel and explorer 123. At least with charoen it looks like you get Al Jazeera and Fox and it is 150 cheaper. I'll keep looking at whats out there.

Thanks again

I have Charoen in BKK and there are a few good channels on there. For the price its pretty good value. I normally watch Aust network, France 24, TV Monde, Granada, Channel News Asia and sometimes the movies are OK. That's pretty good value and I believe if you pay a year up front you get a discount. I'm pretty sure it was 3000 I paid for 12 months which works out at 250bt/month

O.k......well thanks for those answers. I agree that with most cable offerings I've seen there's not much I want to look at. Its mainly my wife who watches it. At the moment we are on the cheap true package at 500 a month. Nothing I watch on their either except 1 movie channel and explorer 123. At least with charoen it looks like you get Al Jazeera and Fox and it is 150 cheaper. I'll keep looking at whats out there.

Thanks again

Actually, it's quite possible [depending on locale] to hook-up and mix a Thai cable system and satellite system for the same household. Depending on what one wants to spend.....everyone is happy - Thai and foreign networks.

I have Charoen in BKK and there are a few good channels on there. For the price its pretty good value. I normally watch Aust network, France 24, TV Monde, Granada, Channel News Asia and sometimes the movies are OK. That's pretty good value and I believe if you pay a year up front you get a discount. I'm pretty sure it was 3000 I paid for 12 months which works out at 250bt/month

Thanks for that Sally. Long time no speak.:)

If it were up to me I'd go for it but Ms Bangyai thinks the flier through the door was some kind of scam and was fretting about some kind of con/ Me....well, a few baht saved is a few baht earned.

Thanks for the reassuring reply and thanks to others for their replys too.

All the best BY.