Medical For Visa Renewal?

Histavia

It is for the work permit not the extension to a Visa.

And there is no such thing as a "Work Visa". There is a visa that permits someone to work, and there is a Work permit which is the authorization to legally work in Thailand.

Edited by beano2274

And there is no such thing as a "Work Visa". There is a visa that permits someone to work, and there is a Work permit which is the authorization to legally work in Thailand.

Can confirm that it is required for Work Permit for Teachers...

Edited by bapak

Can confirm that it is required for Work Permit for Teachers...

Yes - I can confirm that it is required now for RENEWAL

I was required to provide two tests for my work permit renewal. I had to provide a blood sample and a urine sample and these had to be administered at a hospital. I'm assuming one was for syphilis and the other for narcotics.

Even the old missionary nuns who work in my school had to have the tests done whistling.gif

Probably depends where you are. I only needed the regular "are you breathing? OK" medical certificate. The Labour Office must have known what I had got as I was there and back in 10 minutes. This was middle of June.

the new requirements came into effect sometime in July. keep in mind when you give local advice to colleagues and friends :unsure: