What A Lousy Year In Chiang Mai

Ulysses G.

I have to agree, all in all it has been a pretty good year so far.

We had nice cool weather Jan/Feb, March/April almost nil smoke compared to previous years, and not outrageously hot for successive days.

Rainy season started off not so rainy, now it is but it varies between daytime, late afternoon and evening rain. A beautiful mix of rain times.

I just hope it keeps continuing being so "lousy", UG. :)

I agree, too. Better to be a duck some days in the past few weeks, I suppose, but the air has been remarkably clear in large part because of the rain, and it has been a good year.

What to worry about? Given the change of government, perhaps more mega-projects and ring roads? :D

May I know, how will the weather be in Chiang Mai in November? Is it very hot?

November is one of the best time to visit Chiang Mai, not very hot and usually no rain. Actually from november to end of february it's always nice.

November is one of the best time to visit Chiang Mai, not very hot and usually no rain. Actually from november to end of february it's always nice.

If we are really lucky the Boss man THAKSIN will be back . This country needs the fella :D

Thanks all TV friends. Visited Thailand many occasions but yet to visit CM. This time will be a long stay though.

I am not used to hot weather, I perspire a lot . Hopefully that in November it will be cool like 13oC - 16oC. But I don't think CM will have that temperature in Nov, I'm not referring to mountains huh. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No it can be a bit on the cool side. You may need a jacket on after 6PM

November was the Only month I found it a bit Cool.

Edited by veryruay

K. Very Ruay - it may be cool after 6p or so, as you're hoping for. Indeed it can/does reach the teens regularly as the low. But in the day we can still expect sun and temps around 25-30. But do like the rest of us, wear cooling powder, dress lightly, stay/shop indoors, and shower a few times a day, and you'll be fine.

<br />
<br />...and this year Leo beer started giving people headaches.<br />
<br /><br />That's not just me???<br /><br />And the roads are cleaner and grippyer making driving and riding safer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There's a few of us in pain. Only takes 2 for me to start feeling some head squeeze..

I can drink Heineken all night and wake up feeling alright. I figure if im going to spend 1000 baht drinking, might as well spend 1200 baht and not suffer instead.

Yeah, and during the not-so-hot hot season, Chiang Mai did not fill up with smoke from all the forest burning like it usually does. What's up with that?

It has been 'usual' for only the last few years :)

January was not very cold.

Febuary and March were not very polluted.

April and May were not very hot.

Not a lot of flooding in Chiang Mai either.

:(

If you want I can break my shoulder mounted water gun out of storage and come over and cheer you up? :D

its already started getting a little chilly in the mornings past week or so. a cooler winter this year anticipated?

Yeh, already put on a light coat in the early morning. Nice, isn't it?!

Saw a few days ago a kingfisher fishing in my fish pond. I see them only in the winter time. So maybe an early winter this year? :)

It has been 'usual' for only the last few years :)

Agreed, the last time it was terrible was back in march 2007. Could barely see the sun through the smoke 30km south of Chiang Mai.

The last four years weren't that bad, especially last year with rain and very fresh weather in mid march.

Yup, good year, so far. Last year, YTD electric expenses $1230 this year it's $1030. Sorry -- our Quicken is set up to do reporting in USD. We haven't moved or changed our windows/doors (so the YTD comparison is valid) and we're real energy hogs (or at least I am). I think that sweating is something you do in the health club not in the comfort of your own home while you're trying to sleep or read!

Edited by NancyL

Yup, good year, so far. Last year, YTD electric expenses $1230 this year it's $1030. Sorry -- our Quicken is set up to do reporting in USD.

dam_n girl..! Spend some more juice will ya.. Or else the guys writing about increasing living expenses will get their diapers all in a twist. And we don't want that.. it's messy. ;)

Ya, its amazing some of these whiners. When the air is bad, they talk about it and discuss why. When the river floods, they take pictures and reflect on whether deforestation played any part. When their friends get mowed over while riding motorcycles, they decry the poor driving and lack of traffic enforcement.

Jeez, what's wrong with these guys? They should be talking about important stuff like burritos and burgers, as well as the latest hotspot for bar girls.