Phuket Pool Builder Needed?

zungmay

I want to build a pool but having a hard time finding a reliable person

I get bids, they sometimes show up to look but then either don't call back with an estimate or just give a verbal dollar amount.

Did you have a pool built in Phuket and who is the best most reliable builder .

I am reading the pool forems too.

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you

What type of pool are you thinking of? Tiled or liner? Desjoyeux and JD are liner pools.

If tiled then i could recommend someone.

I'm actually looking to have the tiles removed and redone in a different color and add the LED lights.

All i need is the experienced labor.

I'll take a PM of his details.

Hi

I do not want Desjoyeux, more expensive and I don't want a liner type pool.

Free form poured concrete, double cage, min #12 steel, American or Australian pump / filter. , Salt. approx 10x3 meter x 1.5m deep. 4 in Grade A tile.

You can PM me or list their name if that is allowed.

Thank you

Hi

I do not want Desjoyeux, more expensive and I don't want a liner type pool.

Free form poured concrete, double cage, min #12 steel, American or Australian pump / filter. , Salt. approx 10x3 meter x 1.5m deep. 4 in Grade A tile.

You can PM me or list their name if that is allowed.

Thank you

What do you think is a fair price for that speck?....my pool is same speck but 8x4 mtrs plus inbult jacuuzi[2 hay ward pumps and salt filter], ... also access for digging and removing soil is important..i had mine built 5 years ago and i am happy with it,the firm that bult has built at least 4 pools foe freinds of mine...payment is by 3 stage payments and normal gurantee. when completed..i also know a few other reputable small thai builders who do pools..but like any thing its all about price you get what you pay for...my pool was a good pool for a fair price..thats why i asked you what you expect to pay..i have some idea what it would cost now bearing in mind inflation..

I would stay away from pools with liners, the liner deteriorates and is expensive to replace

They were never a success in Australia

I think concrete is your best bet and Valentine who is a member of TV builds concrete pools

Send him a PM then you will be dealing with him directly, He may contact you if he is following

this thread

Call Max at Water Works Warehouse 0819790917

No thanks.

I spent 700k on a spa and it broke because the service team didn't seal it after service and water blew the electrics.

They refused to repair their dodgy work i and i had to fork out but that is as far as it went.

I put a deposit down on a new spa pump 2 years ago, nothing came and they never return my calls and it still sits broken and I'm out 23k but i put it down to lesson learnt.

I know the drunk owner "moose" has a hard time running it but i am dumbfounded how they stay afloat.

Edited by katasyd

• 1 month later...

No thanks.

I spent 700k on a spa and it broke because the service team didn't seal it after service and water blew the electrics.

They refused to repair their dodgy work i and i had to fork out but that is as far as it went.

I put a deposit down on a new spa pump 2 years ago, nothing came and they never return my calls and it still sits broken and I'm out 23k but i put it down to lesson learnt.

I know the drunk owner "moose" has a hard time running it but i am dumbfounded how they stay afloat.

Me too, if you only knew the full extent of it, boogles the mind..

Any other Pool builders you may know about?

Must have experience building a non-rectangle type pool (Free form concrete) , (no plastic liners), and reliable / good quality work.

Thank you,

Ideally, for a well done free form you should have a gunite or shotcrete pool built they are twice as strong, easier to form and the end product is light years ahead of poured concrete.

The primary reason they're so much stronger is they use much less water in the mixing process so it sets up quicker and harder and they are shot and formed all in one afternoon so there is no cold joints as with poured concrete that cause weak points in the structure in the future.

What sort of interior finish are you looking for, tile or other?

Hi WarpSpeed

Yes, I agree with you and would like to use Shotcrete but don't know who can do this on Phuket? Please PM me if you know a company that builds pool this way.

The Interior would be Tile or Sandwash but am open to ideas as long as the pool is structually sound, strong, built properly, and the shape is close to the drawing and it does not leak water in a few years.

Any ideas of a good company in Phuket that can make a pool to fit these basic standards?

Thank you.

Ideally, for a well done free form you should have a gunite or shotcrete pool built they are twice as strong, easier to form and the end product is light years ahead of poured concrete.

The primary reason they're so much stronger is they use much less water in the mixing process so it sets up quicker and harder and they are shot and formed all in one afternoon so there is no cold joints as with poured concrete that cause weak points in the structure in the future.

What sort of interior finish are you looking for, tile or other?

Hi WarpSpeed

Yes, I agree with you and would like to use Shotcrete but don't know who can do this on Phuket? Please PM me if you know a company that builds pool this way.

The Interior would be Tile or Sandwash but am open to ideas as long as the pool is structually sound, strong, built properly, and the shape is close to the drawing and it does not leak water in a few years.

Any ideas of a good company in Phuket that can make a pool to fit these basic standards?

Thank you.

I'm sorry I never opened one so I don't really have anyone I can recommend though Valentine may do an ok job for you..

If I may ask? What is your budget? If you don't want to post that openly in the forum you can Pm me.

No thanks.

555!whistling.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I spent 5 months interviewing over 20 Pool contractors in Phuket and am the original poster.

This has been a full time job recently, not by choice, but because I have not found any reliable contractors and had to keep going until I found a sound company to work with.

I have spoken to all the ones listed in this thread and other TV posts, the Gazette, etc...

You must do your own research, have a drawing and layout of the type of pool you want before trusting any company.

I am in the process of putting together a spreadsheet and a list of questions to ask any Pool Contractor before you begin.

If you are considering building a pool and want my notes send me a personal message.

I would be glad to send it to you when I get them completed.

I spent 5 months interviewing over 20 Pool contractors in Phuket and am the original poster.

This has been a full time job recently, not by choice, but because I have not found any reliable contractors and had to keep going until I found a sound company to work with.

I have spoken to all the ones listed in this thread and other TV posts, the Gazette, etc...

You must do your own research, have a drawing and layout of the type of pool you want before trusting any company.

I am in the process of putting together a spreadsheet and a list of questions to ask any Pool Contractor before you begin.

If you are considering building a pool and want my notes send me a personal message.

I would be glad to send it to you when I get them completed.

The important thing is you can only really recomend by having the pool built and using it for a few years...have you had yours built yet? or are you still doing your servey,iasked you in a pevious post what you think a fair price was, i am still waiting for an answer :angry:

I used navinda pools in phuket to build a 10 x 5 meter pool in bad choice, it leeked bad the water was leeking through the walls, who ever you use make sure the the use a good sealer it will cost an extra 10,000 baht but well worth it we had to take all the tiles of seal the pool and re tile it at my cost. this time I built my own pool 12 x6 meter only 1.3 meters deep just paid for the labour I used much beter tiles 12mill re bar all finished with 1.5 hp (usa ) salt water chl 2 meter sadd wash all round the pool total cost 620,000 baht working 2 years already no leeks no problems he was just the builder who built my house I all so put in 9 one deep meter footings all tied to the cage, but I was there every day as site agent