Jump to content

More Than 200 Encroachment Sites In Wang Nam Kheow: Park Officials


webfact

Recommended Posts

More than 200 encroachment sites in Wang Nam Kheow: park officials

By The Nation

30164939-01.jpg

The scale of encroachment on forest reserve land in Nakhon Ratchasima's Wang Nam Kheow district is too large for Tab Lan National Park officials to handle alone, park chief Tewin Meesap said yesterday.

"There are more than 200 encroachers. They have established villages inside the forest reserve," he said, highlighting the fact that encroachment was not perpetrated by rich people alone.

According to Tewin, some cases of encroachment traced back to 2000. These older cases, however, mostly involved resorts and vacation homes built by wealthy people. Fearing legal prosecution, the owners of these properties have not come forward.

Tewin said officials had posted announcements on more than 100 properties ordering the demolition of structures on the land.

"The court has already approved the demolitions of three properties," he said.

More than 100 workers and two backhoes were at the park's disposal and could be mobilised on any given day to raze the properties, he said.

Meanwhile, Forest Resources Management Office 8 in Nakhon Ratchasima is waiting to hear from the owners of 22 properties found inside the forest reserve in Wang Nam Kheow last month.

"We announced on August 25 that legal action would be taken, but none [of the property owners] has officially contacted us. This is the last day they can produce evidence to dispute the charge that their properties encroach on forest reserve," the office's director, Suthep Pawareswittayalarn, said yesterday.

He said his office was coordinating with other agencies to identify all the owners of encroaching properties.

"If the owners are identified, we will sue them for compensation," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"If the owners are identified, we will sue them for compensation," he said.

Not only will they raze their properties to the ground, and throw them out, but they will sue them for compensation as well :(.

Compassionate bunch are'nt they!!!!:unsure:.

Actually I hope that they throw them out first before the razing starts!!!;).

Edited by SICHONSTEVE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"If the owners are identified, we will sue them for compensation," he said.

Not only will they raze their properties to the ground, and throw them out, but they will sue them for compensation as well :(.

Compassionate bunch are'nt they!!!!:unsure:.

Actually I hope that they throw them out first before the razing starts!!!;).

A good razing doesn't grow on a tree you know, it costs money. There's wear and tear on the bulldozer, the case of lao khao for the razers, and assorted other sundry expenses. It's only right that the razee should cover the cost. It's a shame that Chuwit is in the opposition. If he was in the government he could assist with supplying a bunch of cheap and fast demolition men and save the poor razees a bit of money. (But not their personal effects). The place would be transformed into a walled off garden in next to no time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...