Yingluck Pledges To Eradicate 80% Of Drugs Within One Year

Lite Beer

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM pledges to eradicate 80% of drugs within one year

The resulting efforts to meet Yingluck's goal....

Thailand: Police Blamed for Killing Drug Suspect

Chalerm wants drug runners executed faster

hey buchholz, please show me yingluck's actual quote of this... i beg you.

i take it your more intelligent than to just go with what a headline says as the ultimate truth? are you?

PM pledges to eradicate 80% of drugs within one year

hey buchholz, please show me yingluck's actual quote of this... i beg you.

i take it your more intelligent than to just go with what a headline says as the ultimate truth? are you?

hey nurofiend, sorry to upset your adoration of Yingluck.

If you don't like the specific verbiage, I can go with another for my post, that doesn't change the thrust of her asinine promises... if anything, it makes it sound even more asinine and absurdly impossible...

http://www.pattayama...stratagems-6196

PM pledges to eradicate drug sales

Edited by Buchholz

One has to be amused at the silliness of someone who references the Pattaya Mail as an authoritative source, not exactly a journal of record.

Turning to the thread subject matter as opposed to obsessive slander of the PM, the reality is that all recent Thai governments have recognised the drug menace and instituted or stepped up measures to control it.For example in April 2009 Abhisit instituted a programme very similar to that being proposed by Yingluck.The devil of course is in the detail and both Yingluck and Abhisit have made it clear that there will not be a repetition of the murderous and illegal aspects of the drugs war instituted by Thaksin.For some however the scourge of drugs in Thailand and the misery it causes was always secondary to its use as a political weapon.I certainly agree however the illegal drugs war is the greatest charge against Thaksin.It was never pursued because not only was it supported by the unelected elites (and to be fair by the Thai people as a whole) but also because many of them were incriminated.

Yingluck is merely giving people what they want. Of course it's not realistic and some may argue not even a good strategy to begin with, but can we blame a populist government for being... populist (or dishonest for that matter)?

Edited by Heimdallr

Don't care how she gets rid if them as long as she does. Extra-judicial "no plop-plem".

Only a recent arrival or an idiot would think that police would use the opportunty to get rid of drug dealers.

Edited by Crushdepth

Don't care how she gets rid if them as long as she does. Extra-judicial "no plop-plem".

Only a recent arrival or an idiot would think that police would use the opportunty to get rid of drug dealers.

If they did i would create a shortage of police men

May be i am ignorant but how would she knows when the numbers of drug busted reaches 80%? It means she knows the actual numbers of drugs trafficking in the country now?

To reach a certain number is easy with their system. Just apply blanket arrest, whether you are drug dealers, pushers or consumer. Anyone happen to be found near these 3 categories can be arrested. That will help to achieve their vision.

One has to be amused at the silliness of someone who references the Pattaya Mail as an authoritative source, not exactly a journal of record.

For those still uninitiated after years and years of posting their vitriole on the internet, a review of the article refers to NNT as the source, with the Pattaya Mail simply republishing it.

Turning to the thread subject matter as opposed to obsessive slander of the PM, the reality is that all recent Thai governments have recognised the drug menace and instituted or stepped up measures to control it.For example in April 2009 Abhisit instituted a programme very similar to that being proposed by Yingluck.

If quoting Yingluck's own absurd and definitive statements is somehow bizarrely construed by you as slander, then so be it.

In regards to Abhisit, please cite any reference he made with similarly ridiculous bluster on the issue, such as

Thaksin declares the country 'drug-free area'

or

For some however the scourge of drugs in Thailand and the misery it causes was

< snipped >

Your erroneous, unvalidated presumptive assessment of others' postings is wrong.

(funny, considering they come from someone crying about slander).

Lastly, I'll leave you to yourself to continue further with one of your inevitable and patented bickering sessions that you initiate.

The mods surely tire of deleting them.

Edited by Buchholz

For those still uninitiated after years and years of posting their vitriole on the internet, a review of the article refers to NNT as the source, with the Pattaya Mail simply republishing it.

In regards to Abhisit, please cite any reference he made with similarly ridiculous bluster on the issue, such as

Thaksin declares the country 'drug-free area'

or

I have excised your personal abuse and will respond only on the substantive points.

I commented that Abhisit in 2009 launched an anti drugs initiative which has much in common with that of the present government.I did not compare with Thaksin, indeed went out of my way to stress his drugs war was illegal and morally reprehensible.

If you think that referencing through the Pattaya Mail is appropriate (ie that any educated person would endorse), I'm not sure how to convince you otherwise.

May be i am ignorant but how would she knows when the numbers of drug busted reaches 80%? It means she knows the actual numbers of drugs trafficking in the country now?

To reach a certain number is easy with their system. Just apply blanket arrest, whether you are drug dealers, pushers or consumer. Anyone happen to be found near these 3 categories can be arrested. That will help to achieve their vision.

Not all that different from how TAT works the tourist arrival numbers.

• Like 1

Yingluck is merely giving people what they want. Of course it's not realistic and some may argue not even a good strategy to begin with, but can we blame a populist government for being... populist (or dishonest for that matter)?

If she likes giving people what they want, I can only think of one place where she would be useful and admired (assuming botox and a skin tuck)..can you guess where?

Edited by gemini81

It's impossible to calculate and an intangible dream. So they can make it easily look like they reached the goal. Within a country where many have a low education, and are inclined to believe what they read....easy to claim she reached their objective.

Here we go again! Political promises that at the end of the day mean nothing. My only wish is that this post is proved wrong.

Whenever I see the key players, regardless of their political standing, levels of police or armed forces, influential businessmen/women being arrested after proper intelligence compilation and assessment to ensure a watertight case against them, only then will I believe.

Whenever anyone makes claims that they can reduce drug sales by 80% without a know 100% figure, it is BS.

Please prove me wrong.

I applaud the PM's resolve to tackle the drug problem, but isn't the goal a little ambitious? What will she do about any officials involved in law enforcement who may be allowing or who may be directly lnvolved in drugs crossing the border(s) in to Thailand? Everybody knows that corruption is endemic at every level in this country, I fear that unless the rule of law is fully enforced on the law enforcers and the judiciary without exception the problem of drugs and the money they attract will not go away soon

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by TomTao

So reading all this, I take it the PM is not talking out of her posterior, it is so easy to catch wounded fish, try the top notch people involved, ooohhh  sorry we can't do that too many vip,s involved.  typical government shizen-blame everyone else not the real folks involved. I will say =keep killing the users the small fry-you will never get the figures down, no matter what comes out of the rear end.

So who or which group will control the other 20% then?

Not sure, but apparently NOT the people in completely drug-free Issan...

Isan set to become drug-free region

BANGKOK, 21 February 2012 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung has announced the government policy to turn all 20 northeastern provinces into drug-free areas.

Edited by Buchholz

So who or which group will control the other 20% then?

If you reduce the market by 80 per cent then the price of the remaining 20 per cent will rise accordingly resulting in more crime to pay for it. The demand will not go down, only the supply.

Edited by bigbamboo

Another scenario: with reduced supply, there is reduced use, which achieves part of the aim of reducing drug use, in frequency, volume, and prevalence. Higher prices makes it less affordable, further restricting overall usage. Byproduct is likely to be increased crime among those who are finding paying increasingly unaffordable, especially among "hard" drug users. Some, however, will cease use bevause they lose access, through lack of supply or lack of affordability.

Another scenario: with reduced supply, there is reduced use, which achieves part of the aim of reducing drug use, in frequency, volume, and prevalence. Higher prices makes it less affordable, further restricting overall usage. Byproduct is likely to be increased crime among those who are finding paying increasingly unaffordable, especially among "hard" drug users. Some, however, will cease use bevause they lose access, through lack of supply or lack of affordability.

Fair enough but let's be honest it's all academic really. Where there is a demand a supply will be found and Yingluck (or anyone else) will have as much chance of stopping it as she did with stopping the flood waters.

Edited by bigbamboo

[simply legalizing drugs and prescribing it to the addicts and providing places where they can work their way off it would be a non-violent method of making the drug dealing scum dry up and wither away]

Thats crazy you cant legalize and pescribe something that makes them feel good ! they will never stop taking it like that ! they will take more and more and think its ok.

They tried that in Australia with a narcotic called methadone , methadone is more adictive than heroin and now there is more methadone adicts than heroin adicts ! The heroin problem has gone away its just too expensive now so they all are life long methadone adicts now !

You need to take the drug away from them ! Its called cold turkey 2 weeks later your fine! lock em up go cold turkey its so simple!

I understand and I totally empathize with your tone.

The thing is; how do you take air out of the bottle? You replace it with something substantial.

Why do people take drugs; and I am not talking about after they become addicted?

What makes that person who is theretofore not addicted take something that they are told will bring them happiness and make them forget all their problems?

I'll tell you what; Pain! No hope! A feeling that you will wake up tomorrow and your future will be just as bleak as it was the day before and the years before. It hurts deep down like you can;t believe. That's why it is so easy to sell your soul to something that will take away the pain that you did not have the prior resources or education or loving example to take away.

That's the whole point; someone who feels that life is not good enough in the real time to stay away from something that will disguise the reality that growing up did not teach that person how to deal with.

On the one hand, I feel for them, yet on the other hand, if they become a threat to me or my safety I will end them just as fast as they would end me. On the other hand, if they can manage and self-medicate without being as much of a threat as the soi dogs, then let them be.

And another thing: what about the doctors in the world who are in cahoots with the pharmaceutical companies, and feel that the drugging down of people is the way to go?

Maybe we should begin with the pharmas instead of the scum on the street. ADDH my ass!

The government killing people who take drugs, because the government made a State that nurtures and grooms this kind of behavior had better not take arms against that thing without first making every kind of effort to show compassion and mercy to those caught up in the chaos caused by that said government.

How do you show mercy? The same way a father and mother would show mercy to their own children. Can a government do no better? And if not then mayhap they should not be allowed the authority to tend their constituents (i.e. children).

You don't shoot your wounded! Not in my book!

Take some of that money that is being wasted on stupid programs and research and put it back into the people who need hope for a better future and a reason to get up every morning and have the option to realize their dreams if they put a little effort in; instead of being cheated and lied to and robbed of their futures; and then shot because they were mislead and intentionally abandoned!

That is not a warning. it is a fact that will give rise to many many regrets at a later time.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

[simply legalizing drugs and prescribing it to the addicts and providing places where they can work their way off it would be a non-violent method of making the drug dealing scum dry up and wither away]

Thats crazy you cant legalize and pescribe something that makes them feel good ! they will never stop taking it like that ! they will take more and more and think its ok.

They tried that in Australia with a narcotic called methadone , methadone is more adictive than heroin and now there is more methadone adicts than heroin adicts ! The heroin problem has gone away its just too expensive now so they all are life long methadone adicts now !

You need to take the drug away from them ! Its called cold turkey 2 weeks later your fine! lock em up go cold turkey its so simple!

I understand and I totally empathize with your tone.

The thing is; how do you take air out of the bottle? You replace it with something substantial.

Why do people take drugs; and I am not talking about after they become addicted?

What makes that person who is theretofore not addicted take something that they are told will bring them happiness and make them forget all their problems?

I'll tell you what; Pain! No hope! A feeling that you will wake up tomorrow and your future will be just as bleak as it was the day before and the years before. It hurts deep down like you can;t believe. That's why it is so easy to sell your soul to something that will take away the pain that you did not have the prior resources or education or loving example to take away.

That's the whole point; someone who feels that life is not good enough in the real time to stay away from something that will disguise the reality that growing up did not teach that person how to deal with.

On the one hand, I feel for them, yet on the other hand, if they become a threat to me or my safety I will end them just as fast as they would end me. On the other hand, if they can manage and self-medicate without being as much of a threat as the soi dogs, then let them be.

And another thing: what about the doctors in the world who are in cahoots with the pharmaceutical companies, and feel that the drugging down of people is the way to go?

Maybe we should begin with the pharmas instead of the scum on the street. ADDH my ass!

The government killing people who take drugs, because the government made a State that nurtures and grooms this kind of behavior had better not take arms against that thing without first making every kind of effort to show compassion and mercy to those caught up in the chaos caused by that said government.

How do you show mercy? The same way a father and mother would show mercy to their own children. Can a government do no better? And if not then mayhap they should not be allowed the authority to tend their constituents (i.e. children).

You don't shoot your wounded! Not in my book!

Take some of that money that is being wasted on stupid programs and research and put it back into the people who need hope for a better future and a reason to get up every morning and have the option to realize their dreams if they put a little effort in; instead of being cheated and lied to and robbed of their futures; and then shot because they were mislead and intentionally abandoned!

That is not a warning. it is a fact that will give rise to many many regrets at a later time.

Thai prostitutes in Pattaya take Ya Ba because it keeps them thin. Men, both Thai and Farang like thin women.

Good Thai prostitutes in Pattaya make more money than Doctors in Thailand and have nice homes and vacation in Europe and support their families.

You wrote quote, “Take some of that money that is being wasted on stupid programs and research and put it back into the people who need hope for a better future and a reason to get up every morning and have the option to realize their dreams if they put a little effort in; instead of being cheated and lied to and robbed of their futures; and then shot because they were mislead and intentionally abandoned!”

Please apply your theory to Thai prostitutes in Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...

Provincial governors to stamp out drug smuggling during Songkran

BANGKOK, 11 April 2012 (NNT) - Mr. Pranai Suwannarat, the Permanent Secretary for Interior, has instructed every provincial governor to launch an all-out effort to suppress illegal drug smuggling in their province under a new campaign to keep people away from drug abuse.

The campaign follows intelligence about traffickers’ move to transport narcotic drugs before, during and after Songkran. Provincial governors are encouraged to search for illegal substance and establish cooperation with related agencies to intercept the move.

Vehicles will be searched for any hidden substances particularly those heading to Bangkok.

Bus and tour operators have been told to be cautious about parcels they have been asked to carry.

Authorities will also step up inspections at entertainment venues to prevent drug usage in risk groups.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-04-11 footer_n.gif