Got My New Royal Ambassador Membership Card Today

kunash

Having stayed at Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok many times in the last year, i have been rewarded with their royal ambassador card. all my trips are for pleasure and not business.

It is quite a nice card with good privilages - guaranteed upgrade to either an executive room or suite. i think it works out at whatever room you book, you will get 2 upgrades of room. check in at 8am and check out at 4pm which is handy. also a FREE mini bar. - this is the best bit :). and ICH bkk has a happy hour as well :drunk:

i have stayed at most of the top hotels in bkk - mandarin, penninsula, and ICH - and ICH is my favourite for its location.

sadly though, i am now married to my thai wife, and so i wont be making so many trips to thailand. my last trip to thailand will be in october. after that i wont be coming back to thailand for a long time. so i will soon lose this status. i guess i could travel to London once in a while

anyone else got a royal card from ICH? or other loyalty cards? are other cards better than ICH?

Kunash,

This is a little off topic but last year once I tried to book a room at ICH thorough their website but surprisingly they could not guarantee a non-smoking room (I have Asthma) so I cancelled and booked in Hyatt Erawan instead. As you have stayed at ICH many times I wonder how do you usually book your room there. Would it be better if I call them?

Kunash,

This is a little off topic but last year once I tried to book a room at ICH thorough their website but surprisingly they could not guarantee a non-smoking room (I have Asthma) so I cancelled and booked in Hyatt Erawan instead. As you have stayed at ICH many times I wonder how do you usually book your room there. Would it be better if I call them?

i am a non smoker, but have been given a room on the smoking floor once. you could certainly smell the smoke , but it wasnt too bad. i guess if you have asthma it would be a lot worse for you. i always phone reservations and talk direct. but if they dont have a room on the non smoking floor then not much you can do. the hotel can get very busy

I've got a TOPS card I'm very proud of.

I also have a Tesco Lotus card, I'm really happy to be in this elite group and I really needed to tell the world.

You people are so sad!

Only this week I have won a holiday with a scratchcard down at the beach AND a long lost wealthy relative from Nigeria has recently died leaving me a small fortune apparently.

So long suckers!!!!

Edited by Orac

.....and I really needed to tell the world.

Internet forum definition: A Web site that provides an online exchange of information between people about a particular topic.

But telling the world that you have just obtained a high tier hotel loyalty card or a gold card from an airline is hardly an exchange of information, or is it?

.....and I really needed to tell the world.

Internet forum definition: A Web site that provides an online exchange of information between people about a particular topic.

But telling the world that you have just obtained a high tier hotel loyalty card or a gold card from an airline is hardly an exchange of information, or is it?

Please refer to the last line in my initial post