Body Of Murdered Foreign National Found In Chao Phraya River

webfact

Blond haired, blue eyed THAI??

<_<

Yes, there are some. Possibly mixed nationality but the child was raised in Thailand and had Thai I.D. card from the Thai parent.

Thai I.D. card or Thai looking face but blond hair and blue eyes inherited from the farang parent.

It may not be common, but the genetics don't rule it out.

:whistling:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If immigration purchased face recognition technology (assuming they don't have it already), the uproar on TV would be deafening:

1. Big brother watching;

2. Don't they have anything better to spend money on, like fixing broken sidewalks?

3. Fat cats aren't really interested in the technology, they just want to buy something so they can skim off their commissions

You can't win on TV.

Do you enjoy setting up 'straw men' and then knocking them down? What do you think you are proving? You're just being insulting to the members here,

Do you find my post inaccurate?

Face Recognition Software? &lt;deleted&gt;.... just use a mac and iPhoto. The face detection thingy is &lt;deleted&gt; awesome -- you have to see it to believe it. And it comes free with every mac. I'm not trying to sell the mac here, just making a point: Face Recognition Software is not hard difficult to come by.

Face Recognition Software? &lt;deleted&gt;.... just use a mac and iPhoto. The face detection thingy is &lt;deleted&gt; awesome -- you have to see it to believe it. And it comes free with every mac. I'm not trying to sell the mac here, just making a point: Face Recognition Software is not hard difficult to come by.

Or download Picasa for free. Either waywink.gif

Your face -- and the Web -- can tell everything about you

http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/05/7254996-your-face-and-the-web-can-tell-everything-about-you

Thailand just isn't the eutopia it used to be. The picture place vacation spot. The smiling always happy people. It's definitely has its sour spots like every other country. I have been living here for about 8 months now, and numerous occasions I have felt fear from being harrassed because I am a foreigner. It's usually from the younger generation (my generation) that do the harrassing. Where is the Buddhist faith going? It's sad.

RIP lady. I hope the family is notified. How terrible

I'm curious as to where you live / hang out. I've been here for years and never ever been harassed.

I live near national stadium. Don't go out to clubs only a few drinks at dinner with my girlfriend, but my apartment is near a big hotel so people probably think I am here for a night then leaving. It's usually daily, but it's mostly in broken english or in Thai, so I try not to let it bother me much.

Thailand just isn't the eutopia it used to be. The picture place vacation spot. The smiling always happy people. It's definitely has its sour spots like every other country. I have been living here for about 8 months now, and numerous occasions I have felt fear from being harrassed because I am a foreigner. It's usually from the younger generation (my generation) that do the harrassing. Where is the Buddhist faith going? It's sad.

RIP lady. I hope the family is notified. How terrible

Yeah bad stuff does happen in every country, but in Thailand I feel completely safe, although I don't live there (yet) I still get the vibe of the country :-)

It's more between people around 20-30 years of age. Older generation show much respect, same with under 20. I go to school here and when I wear my uniform, sometimes, Thai men will follow me long distances talkin toward me with their friends. I can tell by their tones, and some broken english that they are saying nasty things. Yes, I do feel uneasy at times. These accounts don't happen every day, but I can say it has happen about 4 or 5 times since I've been living here. I don't do anything to provoke anyone. It could just be a friendly smile or a glance in their direction that gets them to follow me for kilos... I've definitely have felt the fear back in the states, but I never would've guessed it would be the same over here. I'm not saying that this makes me hate Thailand because I am deeply in love with this place. The good definitely out weighs the bad!

Please note that the eye colour may not have been blue. Often, with dead bodies, the eyes taken on a blueish opaque haze. Usually the cloudiness occurs when the eyes dry out. This would suggest that the body had been dead for a period of 5-12 hours prior to disposal.

I believe that there may be an inaccuracy in the original report.

How many times? - not a foreign national; a Thai.

how may times?

at least until a thai name&family name will given to the media...

don't be surprised if most of the people here have poor faith in royal thai police "way of investigation and ability on the field".

Edited by janderton

What difference does it make if it's a Thai or foreigner?

a murder of a thai woman (are dozens per year) would have not the same reasons to be discussed on thaivisa.com....

and, however, the title of the topic would be incorrect

Edited by janderton

There is an article in ThaiRath; my translator is out right now, and please don't rely on Google Translate; thought it may provide more accurate information if someone is able to translate properly.

RIP.

Thairath reports that she had blond hair and body hair and they think she's a foreigner.

Also had a tattoo of a dragon under her right shoulder blade.

It says she has blond hair and body hair 'like' or 'similar to' a foreigner, which is not quite the same thing as saying they think she is a foreigner.

It says she has blond hair and body hair 'like' or 'similar to' a foreigner, which is not quite the same thing as saying they think she is a foreigner.

Yeah, you're right. The mention of blond hair and body hair similar to a foreigner was meant to imply they thought she was Thai.

well obviously its a Murder ..... I hope the police will investigate the whole stuff and not forget it like many other cases.

Poor girl , the heaven she thought to be on holidays turn to be hell . RIP

I would point out that it may not be a murder. It may be an accidental death that somebody wanted to cover up, for any number of possible reasons, too much paperwork to report, stygma of a death on their property, etc. Yes, I know that probably isn't the situation.

So, why bind the hands and feet of a person who died accidentally?

• 2 weeks later...

First, RIP to the woman, and condolences to her family. Very sad and unfortunate for such a young like to end in such a way.

"OVERLY CRITICAL"? That's a very subjective way of judging things.

I'm disappointed MODS are now censoring members regarding degrees of criticism.

I disagree with that policy and recommend whoever is REALLY in charge give people a bit more freedom.

It's sad to see TVF getting to be like the Thai government. That is a really an unfortunate development.