Early Closing - Disco And Karaoke

bankroll

Hi,

anyone know if the discos and karaoke are still closing at 2am? I've not been up there for a few weeks but I was told they're all closing early nowadays...Anyone have the full story? I guess it's just the usual BS that seems to happen from time to time...and the bar girls have nowhere to go now once the bars close for the night. Have to say, I was impressed with the quantity and quality of stunners in Bangkok and Phuket recently, puts Hua Hin to shame, and to think that here they ask for 2,000 baht!! unbelievable. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

They may have closed because it was quiet rather than being told to close

They never close early because it's quiet, been going there 6 years and never seen one closed because of lack of customers.

Went last Saturday and all open but lights off and not serving, was told they may reopen for business at 2 30 but couldn't be bothered hanging around so left.

This early closing has been going on for a while now, every year they normally close early for maybe 2 weeks but this has been going on for around 6-8 weeks now. One rumour is it's part of the Thaskin crackdown, another is that it's because of a TV programme recently aired on Channel 3 showing all the drink related violence in Hua Hin [Karoke not mentioned on this programme] another is the usual Tea money situation.

Edited by darrendsd