Microsoft Frontpage

VTR1000

I have a FrontPage created website and I'd like to add some files to it. Trouble is I just want the file icons displayed, not the contents so that the users can download specific files as and when they want.

The files I want to include are MS Word, MS Excell and MS Powerpoint. Anyone know how? :o

What version of Frontpage do you use?

Microsoft frontpage 2003 includes an ftp client in the publishing part, older versions don't!

If you want to have downloadable files on your website, you just need to upload those files to your webserver and create a link to them somewhere on your webpages.

So if you manage to upload these files to for example the root folder on your webserver (where your index.html file is located), then you you can put a link on your website to this file.

Example: http://www.mywebsite.com/blabla.xls

If this link is clicked, explorer wil ask if you want to open this Excel document or save it to your hard drive.

What version of Frontpage do you use?

Microsoft frontpage 2003 includes an ftp client in the publishing part, older versions don't!

If you want to have downloadable files on your website, you just need to upload those files to your webserver and create a link to them somewhere on your webpages.

So if you manage to upload these files to for example the root folder on your webserver (where your index.html file is located), then you you can put a link on your website to this file.

Example: http://www.mywebsite.com/blabla.xls

If this link is clicked, explorer wil ask if you want to open this Excel document or save it to your hard drive.

Cheers for that Monty - I'm using Frontpage2003 and will try that now.

:o