Thai Motorcycle Licence

crabstix

As you go along the Sukhumvit heading into town there is a centre on the right side about 1 km before you get to On-Nut BTS. I took my WP and passport and had to do a lap around their circuit on 1 of their bikes ( did not have my own ) cost 100 baht I think.

Normally you need:

- Non tourist visa

- Health certificate (get it at any clinic)

- Proof of adress (immigration / embassy)

You need to do a do some laps around an circuit, and you need to do some theory on a computer need to pass both.

• 2 months later...

As you go along the Sukhumvit heading into town there is a centre on the right side about 1 km before you get to On-Nut BTS. I took my WP and passport and had to do a lap around their circuit on 1 of their bikes ( did not have my own ) cost 100 baht I think.

Normally you need:

- Non tourist visa

You need to do a do some laps around an circuit, and you need to do some theory on a computer need to pass both.

Does anyone know if there is really a licence office near On Nut? If so exactly where is it? Much preferred to Mo Chit for me especially since I'm not sure if Mo Chit if flooded.

As for the proof of address, can I get away with a rental lease and several utility bills in my name? Or is that too logical?

Edited by jdfmail

Normally you need:

- Non tourist visa

Does anyone know if there is really a licence office near On Nut? If so exactly where is it? Much preferred to Mo Chit for me especially since I'm not sure if Mo Chit if flooded.

As for the proof of address, can I get away with a rental lease and several utility bills in my name? Or is that too logical?

Proof of address.. nope really immigration or embassy

Your other questions i cant answer.

Edited by robblok

Normally you need:

- Non tourist visa

Yes, there is a Land Transport office just after Sukhumvit Soi 99, it's at the end of a long soi. You can only use this office if you live in it's service area (Prakhanong, Prawet, Suan Luang, Klong Toey and Wattana).

post-5469-0-08126400-1322284038_thumb.jp

As for proof of address, you will (as mentioned) need immigration or embassy letter, or if you have it work permit or yellow tabien bahn. I would say you have zero chance of getting them to accept rental agreement or utility bills.

Sophon