My Thailand Adventure!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be just fine, your in one of the safest places in the world (and the most fun), common sense will still be required, FYI:

1. Don't get sh ..t faced drunk to the point your judgement's impared, (at least not yet), :D

2. Ignore all touts, regardless where they want to bring you, walk right by them. :o

3. Don't shake hands with tailors or engage in conversation with them unless you need a suit. :D

4. Ignore any bar / club that's "upstairs", stay on street level, :D

5. Now this is important, repeat it a dozen times before you go out, "I will not fall in love" "I will not fall in love" "I will .... (at least not with the first girl you meet no matter how beautiful), :D

6. That condom that's been in your wallet for a year, now is the time you can use it, :D

and ALWAYS use one. Have fun, :D

Go to Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy for a few singhas!!!

Go for a Soapie that should relax you a bit!! :D

(no particular order)

oh dear :D

Hey Jess you must be up late jus seen you reading your thread did you have a good night? :o:D:D

Oh <deleted>... I had typed a nice long reply detailing my night and then it logged me out and now I can't retrieve it!

Anyway I went out met a couple Thai girls 24/25 both spoke okay english whilst the other spoke fairly good english because she wants to be a teacher and does some teaching now. She paid for my beer and my meal! I was thinking about my lady the whole time because I ordered fruit and got my babe's favourite fruit... watermelon. So I hung out for a bit then departed from the duo with a handshake and a casual "Maybe I'll see ya around"

Man I went to bed and now I'm awake 5 hours later... it's weird that I hardly slept!

Today I'm going to look for a better hotel and actually look inside the rooms before making a purchase. Last night I just wanted to change out of my clothes and take a load off.

I'll find somewhere I prefer and then I'm going to find a reputable travel agent because I think I'm going to head to Koh Pha Ngan. I want some beach!

(no particular order)

Hey Jess you must be up late jus seen you reading your thread did you have a good night? :o:D:D

Oh <deleted>... I had typed a nice long reply detailing my night and then it logged me out and now I can't retrieve it!

Anyway I went out met a couple Thai girls 24/25 both spoke okay english whilst the other spoke fairly good english because she wants to be a teacher and does some teaching now. She paid for my beer and my meal! I was thinking about my lady the whole time because I ordered fruit and got my babe's favourite fruit... watermelon. So I hung out for a bit then departed from the duo with a handshake and a casual "Maybe I'll see ya around"

Man I went to bed and now I'm awake 5 hours later... it's weird that I hardly slept!

Today I'm going to look for a better hotel and actually look inside the rooms before making a purchase. Last night I just wanted to change out of my clothes and take a load off.

I'll find somewhere I prefer and then I'm going to find a reputable travel agent because I think I'm going to head to Koh Pha Ngan. I want some beach!

Take Brit's advice and go for a soapy, and if you ask for a happy ending, I'm sure it will take a "load off".

:D

(no particular order)

Take Brit's advice and go for a soapy, and if you ask for a happy ending, I'm sure it will take a "load off".

:D

Sorry, I've never been one to try out things I don't know what they are but assume it's nothing I'd want.

(no particular order)

Ok Jess

Go for a reputable Travel Agent.

Walk up khao San rd towards the burger King end and on your left about 3/4 of the way up jus behind some stalls situated on the path jus after that mini shopping centre forget the name now well not a mini shopping centre but there a few shops and stuff in it. Any how its a little travel agent called TOONS TRAVEL a lady in the little metall stand/stall called carton she will sort you out, say you know Ashley! and that I sent you! She will sort you right out.

So to recap walk towards burger king end and 3/4 of the way up on your left is toons travel tucked up behind a market stall no doubt. Cartoon is a real nice lady!!! A good friend.

Hey Jess let me know if you go as I aint seen her for a good while!

Hope this helps Ash :D

3. Never trust anyone who is just way too helpful to be believed.

This is a very important point. Remember it.

Of course be friendly with all the people you meet, but keep your bullshit detector switched on. Dishonest locals are easy to spot, because you're kind of expecting it, but trust your gut where the falangs you meet are concerned.

Think about sticking around Bangkok for at least a several days or so. It is an interesting place and it will give you time to think about what's next. I've met many people whose travels have just consisted of arriving in Bangkok and then running to some island for the rest of their stay. There's a lot more to see and do than that.

jesse , welcome to bangkok , you will enjoy it all here , just give it a few days , and before you rush of to the islands , spend a few days exploring bangkok , it really is a wonderful city , just wander around.

spend the days doing the regular tourist things that are advertised all over , they are not so bad. in fact they are pretty good , you dont need tours , go by yourself , the grand palace , boat ride up and down the river or through the canals , wander round some of the larger temples mentioned in the guide books , for a newcomer they are fabulously atmospheric places , go and walk around in chinatown , walk around one of the parks after 4pm when they start filling up with thais , just walk about and explore the place. its safe. its also safe to eat local food off the carts , most of it is pretty good.

watch your pockets in crowds and take no notice of touts or tuk tuk drivers offering you stuff. they can spot the newbie a mile away.

take a wander around mah boon krong shopping mall , its low priced and thronged with people , its an experience in itself.

in the evenings you can hit the bar areas if you are so inclined , you should take a look at them anyway , just so as you know what they are like . use kaw saan road as your base only, dont waste too much time there.

if you go to the islands (samui or phangan , take a train rather than a bus , its a better trip by train )

if you want to see more of thailand then train it to phangan but stop off for a day or two each at hua hin , prachuap , and chumpon. they are all beach towns on the way down to samui , each with its own character , they are all small towns , the train station is close to the centre of the towns , accommodation easy to find and you will get off the dreadlock trail for a few days. some nice islands accessible from chumpon.

jesse , welcome to bangkok , you will enjoy it all here , just give it a few days , and before you rush of to the islands , spend a few days exploring bangkok , it really is a wonderful city , just wander around.

spend the days doing the regular tourist things that are advertised all over , they are not so bad. in fact they are pretty good , you dont need tours , go by yourself , the grand palace , boat ride up and down the river or through the canals , wander round some of the larger temples mentioned in the guide books , for a newcomer they are fabulously atmospheric places , go and walk around in chinatown , walk around one of the parks after 4pm when they start filling up with thais , just walk about and explore the place. its safe. its also safe to eat local food off the carts , most of it is pretty good.

watch your pockets in crowds and take no notice of touts or tuk tuk drivers offering you stuff. they can spot the newbie a mile away.

take a wander around mah boon krong shopping mall , its low priced and thronged with people , its an experience in itself.

in the evenings you can hit the bar areas if you are so inclined , you should take a look at them anyway , just so as you know what they are like .  use kaw saan road as your base only, dont waste too much time there.

if you go to the islands (samui or phangan , take a train rather than a bus , its a better trip by train )

if you want to see more of thailand then train it to phangan but stop off for a day or two each at hua hin , prachuap , and chumpon. they are all beach towns on the way down to samui , each with its own character , they are all small towns , the train station is close to the centre of the towns , accommodation easy to find and you will get off  the dreadlock trail for a few days. some nice islands accessible from chumpon.

Omg again. I wrote a reply and it got deleted rawr!!!

Okay I bought my ticket from Mama Tour for 450b which doesn't seem suspiciously cheap to me in the least and it's by bus then boat... I did that before I read these entries!

On the way back up North after I finish exploring the South I'll for sure train it up and check the sites.

I'm actually on my way to check the city's sites out right after I finish with emails and shiz. I'll come back a little more Thai experienced and then check out the nightlife in other parts of the city and hopefully have some people I know to go to bars and such with 'cause bar hopping alone is lame.

Yeah, I've been cynical with everything. Some little fuking girl yesterday tried putting her hand in my pocket! I was standing around with some other farangs and she was right next to me and I'm constantly checking my pockets, it's a habit from back home to make sure I didn't drop anything but works great here for pickers, and I felt her hand at the opening of my pocket! Fuking cheeky bugger.

Man the kids are hella annoying. They all crowd around you trying to get you to buy flowers and then some amputee kid was showing me his war amp, pointing to it and then he'd do some really fuked freak out dance and jump around! I noticed that there's kids wandering the streets at 2 am! Little kids no older then 5!

Also, I keep my wallet/passport/money all in a zipper pocket or a button pocket and I always keep my hand inside the pocket I have my digi cam in.

If I'm not mistaken you said you didn't need a hotel which offered hot water. :o Have fun and don't forget to copy your text before you hit the ADD REPLY button! I want to read the first pressing. I want the good stuff.

Again have fun.

-a

Ahaha but if they are serious about it they get it cracked.

I was looking at the girls yesterday to see if she had one 'cause she was embarassed about her voice 'cause she lost it the night before. She said to her friends that I must think she's a lady-boy haha.

I did at first so I was about to scat but, she was def. not a boy when I looked closely at her neck and when she showed her ID at the club it was a girl.

As for hot water... I changed my mind. I don't need it! The air is hot that showers are nice and refreshing. Ahhh!

What's soi cowboy? What's there?

its a street of girly bars , sit in or sit out and watch the street life there.

its safe , theres no hassle and its good fun.

between sukhumvit soi 23 and asoke road.

asoke underground station , come out at the asoke exit and turn right. walk about 25yards and its on the right. or just ask when you get off the train.

its a 20 minute walk (the walk of shame) from nana entertainment on sukhumvit soi 4.

or take a taxi from kow saan.

i'd say nightime sukhumvit road was a must do for a tourist here.

Edited by taxexile

asoke underground station , come out at the asoke exit and turn right. walk about 25yards and its on the right. or just ask when you get off the train.

its a 20 minute walk (the walk of shame) from nana entertainment on sukhumvit soi 4.

Safe to bring my bag along? I'm sick and tired of carrying it though...

Me thinks Tax could lose his vision and still find his way there. :o

cv

Sorry, I've never been one to try out things I don't know what they are but assume it's nothing I'd want.

well you're halfway around the world... thats a start

First thing i did after getting off the plane was have a nice

traditional massage. those airplane seats really grind away at the

arse.

i haven't followed this young mans threads and the reason(s) that made

him decide to jump on a plane and fly halfway around the world.

he sounds like me when i was in my early 20's. he'll probably be talking

about this trip for many years to come. i wish i was him now experiencing

all the sights and sounds for the first time. d@mn thats fun! :o

"Life is not meant to be a decorous journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. Rather, skid in broadside, champagne in one Hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling:-

WOO HOO - What a ride!"

Edited by bakachan

Jesse,

You must be very hot in that trooper uniform.

Might I suggest just a T shirt and shorts

and stop all that willy thrusting, the girls don't like it.

:o

CJ..........if you tire of the beaches, come up to Pattaya, it/ll certainly open your eyes one way or another...............and Koh Samed /Koh Chang are just down the road.

Whatever you do, have fun.

Dude, I can't figure you out man. You come to Thailand when you could have gone to Cuba dirt cheap from Canada. Cuba's a much better bet for an inexperienced young cat like yourself. You can trust The Dude; He has been to Cuba countless times; a lot less ripoffs and much friendlier sincere natives, you dig?

Here is an idea for you Jessie, go start a blog and write about all your little dilemas inside there.

That way you'd be saving bandwidth on TV for better threads and many other members won't become victims of reading such boring posts.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :o  :D

I've got to agree with the Maiden 100% on this one. These Canadian-Jessie threads are clogging up the website. Why not change the Farang Pub expat section to Jessie's blog section. Perhaps an ignore feature is in order but that won't address the bandwith clogging situation. The Dude has had to once again deep six all of his shovels cause of an inability to dig this situation

Suk 11 Guesthouse on Sukhumvit Soi 11. You can leave your bag there for as long as you want for like 10 baht a day. It's a clean safe place. btw it's 500 baht a night with a/c. It is not guest friendly. (no girls in the room)