Anyone Got A Marin Bolinas Trail?

newmember

Thinking of getting a bike again, haven't had one for a long time. Although at one time I did do a 10,000 mile ride on a bike as it seemed like a good idea at the time . I don't need anything fancy, as it would just be for occasional day rides on on country roads and dirt tracks, I wont by flying down hills at breakneck speeds or spending days on it at a time. 20 years ago I had a Marin which was a great bike, but it got stolen ( lived in Manchester at the time - so not really surprising ) and just saw Bikezone has a Marin Bolinas Trail with disc brakes for 16,500 Baht, non disk version is 1,000 less. Gets pretty good reviews and should be bomb proof. Seems the ideal bike for me.

Just wanted to ask if anyone here is riding one or has any other options to consider for a similar price?

I will need helmet, led lights, mudguards, stand, cage, bar ends etc So I want to keep the total budget around 20 - 22K Baht max.

Please let us know what you think of the Seek. I have been looking at a number of bikes and the Giant Seek remains one of the few left on my list as suitable for my needs, along with the Trek 7.3fx, Fuji Absolute and Giant Rapid. Like you I am not looking to conquer any mountains but I will be doing most of my riding on paved roads in Bangkok. The roads here are full of holes and sleeping policemen so I need something sturdy, but not as cumbersome as an MTB.

I think the Seek with narrower tyres than the stock ones may be ideal.