Work Permit Needed ?

These are the basic facts, not sure if work permit is needed or not ?

I, I am a director of a new registered company here in Thailand, the process is too transfer the directorships to me and my non Thai business partner

his Thai national wife will be other director. This is ongoing at this time

2 We intend import our product from from the UK and sell on-line and other direct outlets here in Thailand ,(you cannot buy our product in Thailand ). We are awaiting the License Product Number.which should be known soon hopefully. We have imported several "samples" over the past few months which is perfectely legal here in the quantities we were sent,and people keep asking for more of the same, We cannot supply aymore because we have no Import Licence yet (catch 22 !)

3. I will play no part of the direct selling here in Thailand, Most orders will be generated through INTERNET sales throughout Thailand,. When the products come onto the market here in Thailand it will be recommendations that will sell the produce (word of mouth is THE BEST recommendation)

Do I need WP ?

Thanking you in advance for any help/advice you can give

Paul

Quote:I, I am a director of a new registered company here in Thailand

The first line of your post tells it all mate. Yes you need a WP.

Cheers for that, 2 questions i have

1. If i buy a house here it has to be in a compnies name, i assume i will be a director, will i need a WP ?

2. Do people who sell on the internet here need work permits if they are not directors of company.?

Cheers

Paul

Quote:I, I am a director of a new registered company here in Thailand

The first line of your post tells it all mate. Yes you need a WP.

Cheers for that, 2 questions i have

1. If i buy a house here it has to be in a compnies name, i assume i will be a director, will i need a WP ?

2. Do people who sell on the internet here need work permits if they are not directors of company.?

Cheers

Paul

If you are a director and sign any paperwork you will need a WP.

People who sell off the internet whether "directors" or not..... need a WP.....they are working in Thailand