High Speed Internet Shop In Cmai

jayinoz

Howdy, I been told there are Shops or biz centers with super fast down and upload speeds. Yet no one can say anymore in regards to where.....

When needing to download or upload quantity like 5Gb (By the way a Blue Ray movie can be 20+Gb) or so this an issue on most 6Mb down 500k up networks. Even 10\1 no good, as it can take days to upload serious quantity.

Now a Fibre Optic link of 100\10 changes all of this.... anyone have the details of these super fast network internet shops or centers. Location or number etc.

Appreciated. Thanks;

Chok Dee JAY

All of the real world data in the fiber lines being offered to consumers shows it only marginally better than better quality ADSL lines, and no better than dual lines with a load balancing router (if download supports that). The 20 Mbit package pulling in about the same as the 10Mbit line also.

Basically just because they are being advertised the true 'up to' 100Mbps lines are not performing anything close to it.. 10Mbit being about all anyones seeing.

I do understand bangkok has some condo based fiber connections, but these are not like the True 'ultra' packages being offered.

If theres better FTTH up here would be good to gather real world data. I will get a True Ulta installed shortly and relegate my current 6Mbit to a back / load sharing line.

Edited by LivinLOS

All of the real world data in the fiber lines being offered to consumers shows it only marginally better than better quality ADSL lines, and no better than dual lines with a load balancing router (if download supports that). The 20 Mbit package pulling in about the same as the 10Mbit line also.

Basically just because they are being advertised the true 'up to' 100Mbps lines are not performing anything close to it.. 10Mbit being about all anyones seeing.

I do understand bangkok has some condo based fiber connections, but these are not like the True 'ultra' packages being offered.

If theres better FTTH up here would be good to gather real world data. I will get a True Ulta installed shortly and relegate my current 6Mbit to a back / load sharing line.

LivingLOS- not what I asking yet appreciated. Sorry if my request did not seem to request shop or biz center.... as i have 10\1 at home and it can take days for down\uploading when it will take hours in a Fibre center ideally.

Business centers or shops in CMAI ANYWHERE with 100Mb down and 10Mb up are supposedly around.... Yes at 200-300bt ph yet would be worth it for occasional usage. Cmai is lacking in these centers and Web searching shows only monthly rentals for business.

Anyone tried the Airport Biz center internet.......any good or crap as normal.

Maybe someone in the local Computer Club will know- just thought of that.... will keep anyone interested updated on my search. Work smart not hard and long is the name of the game. Lol.

Cheers Jay

LivingLOS- not what I asking yet appreciated. Sorry if my request did not seem to request shop or biz center.... as i have 10\1 at home and it can take days for down\uploading when it will take hours in a Fibre center ideally.

Business centers or shops in CMAI ANYWHERE with 100Mb down and 10Mb up are supposedly around.... Yes at 200-300bt ph yet would be worth it for occasional usage. Cmai is lacking in these centers and Web searching shows only monthly rentals for business.

Maybe someone in the local Computer Club will know- just thought of that.... will keep anyone interested updated on my search. Work smart not hard and long is the name of the game. Lol.

Cheers Jay

The issue is *NOT* the last mile. Whether you have ok'ish ADSL or if you have high performance fiber, the real choke point is still the international gateways. The peering points where CAT/ TRUE peer with international backbone ISPs are quite limited. All the end consumer focused ISPs in Thailand (3BB, etc) all end up using CAT/ TRUE/ TOT as the upstream ISP. When these ISP are quoting download speeds, they are talking about domestic bandwidth, not international. So finding an establishment with a fiber connection, is only really going to be worth it, if you are doing domestic downloading.

-Mestizo

Cheers Jay

The issue is *NOT* the last mile. Whether you have ok'ish ADSL or if you have high performance fiber, the real choke point is still the international gateways. The peering points where CAT/ TRUE peer with international backbone ISPs are quite limited. All the end consumer focused ISPs in Thailand (3BB, etc) all end up using CAT/ TRUE/ TOT as the upstream ISP. When these ISP are quoting download speeds, they are talking about domestic bandwidth, not international. So finding an establishment with a fiber connection, is only really going to be worth it, if you are doing domestic downloading.

-Mestizo

Appreciated yet not what I trying to ask and replies seem to end up back onto Internet packages.... ANY shops or centers with Fibre or fastest speeds. A mate tells me he will request for me to plug into PAYAP Uni backbone..... not sure what Admin will have to say about that one- Lol.

Anyway some Uni's have top speeds at the hub... not when shared out. Shops seem useless.

Biz idea for anyone is SUPER Shop for International professionals- those of us working in CMai to get super fast internet speeds, fast color prints, storage, etc, etc the list could be endless. Whilst CMai a GREAT city for cost of living and access to our food, whatever we want within reason.... business needs not so easily met here. So many return to BKK to get their small biz operating correctly then outsource.

ANYWAY- Super fast internet shop in CMai appreciated or center or Uni or whatever to use occasionally as i am desperate to transfer approx 5Gb from 1 Host to another TODAY. Not likely yet I will try.

Cheers Jay