America Does Not Want My Money

ozzieman05

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree with the Thai policy of not allowing foreigners to allow land.

It is one of the things that really annoys people in the West - that wealthy foreigners are able to buy large chunks of the country.

Good for the Thais!

100% agree with you here

But Most Thai ladies have blinkers on when you bring up this subject

and I do not like eating cold dinners or sleepin alone

Understand

Learn to cook and get a cat :D ...

You speak from experience ????

Well I posted it tongue in cheek but since you didn't seem to take it in that context my answer is yep never rely on anyone but myself and have for much of my life then when I do have such luxuries I appreciate them more. My missus also appreciates the fact that she is around because I love her and not merely how well she can cook, take care of the kids and the house which I do most of anyways or how warm and cuddly she is in the sheets. She also appreciates a nice home cooked meal too that she didn't have to prepare and is made from the heart..

As a side note she never did cook very much in her lifetime until we met and much of what she knows now I taught her so if I didn't know how to we'd be eating crap food at stalls and spending lots of time in the hospital for food poisoning not eating nearly as well where now she is a respectable cook..

Back on topic I might also add that she has no problems with having to apply for a visa to the best country in the world and no resentment for the process and FYI though we've been married more then 8 years now with 2 children she won't be able to get an immigration visa anytime soon as I haven't been back there earning an income to prove support with so if anyone has a reason to be peeved at the system we do and not someone who whines about the process she hasn't even attempted to avail herself of just to go for a visit. You don't see me on here putting up a thread about the crap US immigration system and how they won't let my missus go back with me and her family though do you? BTW another good reason for me to be self sufficient and able to cook and take care of our boys when we have to go back and leave her behind and I already have a cat but they're not allowed to sleep with us.

You can go because Australians are recognized as less likely to be hardship illegals where as Thai's aren't in the same vein so if she wants the same consideration as you she should put her "face" aside and just get an Aussie passport or stay home. As Thai's commonly say "up to her"..

Edited by WarpSpeed

There's probably more illegal immigrants in the US than there are people in Australia. If we let anyone have a visa when they land at the airport we'd have a tens of millions new immigrants over night. Sorry but you have to apply.

Thailand has millions of illegals too, Burmese, Cambodians etc and they deport them by the truckload every day so you'd think she'd understand.

Sorry you have lost the point

She is a permanant Australian with all the same conditions as her baby

Her social status shows she is not going to be an illegal immigrant

I totally agree when a Thai wants to visit America from Thailand

But her Thai past is way back and now she lives in a better country than America so her reason are

Why and who in the hell do they think they are

A piece of paper does not change the girl

There is no argument that with a passport she would get in

The question is why do they stamp all Thais with the same stamp

But her Thai past is way back and now she lives in a better country than America so her reason are...The question is why do they stamp all Thais with the same stamp

This (especially combined witha few other things in your posts) speak volumes, I think.

Yes, I took note of this too and nearly posted you verbatim..

They've tried the open door policy and it leads to large numbers of immigrants living off the system. Plenty of exceptions to that generalization but if the net result was beneficial, we wouldn't see these policies now.

That said, I've known plenty of Thais who have gotten visas to the US. There aren't any black and white rules but one common denominator was that they were all local property owners (even if just a house or two.... probably better if more substantial)... which presumably means it won't be a one way trip.

:)

You are correct, they want some assurance you have a reason to come back. Family, property job.

Yes and maybe a stupid question but was her past European traveling history brought into the equation and reported??

Thank you for your question

when filling out the application on the internet

My application went through okay

Children application went through okay

her application went through okay until it got to Country of passport

Thailand

The system is designed to ignore all relevant facts other than this fact her passport is Thai

You can not speak to any one about this

the solution is

Make an appointment and travel to Sydney for a 1 on 1 appointment

We all know she will get her Visa, that is not the problem

She has learnt a new word

DISCRIMINATION

Good on her, more Thai's should learn this word.. Shame she had to be on the other side of it to do that though..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I always wanted to go to Tahiti, it was her dream to go to America

Yes lots of people like this in the world hence we have strict immigration laws and visa requirements.. Personally Hawaii would be a blinkered perspective as it is but a microcosm of the REAL America, the touristy part, kind a like a larger Phuket only not that bad..

the OP's Thai National Wife had to "Jump Thru the Hoops" to get a Visa and PR for Australia, but now the OP and his wife say the US is Discriminating ?

Yhaaa... Auzzie Land didn't require her to have an in person interview, background checks, medical clearances... on and on ........

If she wants the same privilages as an Auzzie, get her an Auzzie Passport.

Double talk :rolleyes:

Have to really laugh at the OP's analysis of Hawaiian Sand being shipped in.

Edited by KimoMax

I sympathize with the bother the OP's wife is dealing with, but I think this points to a bigger issue. The USA really IS hurting and with some PR promotion (weak dollar) and a major easing of tourist visa policies within reason, we could easily double the incoming international tourism creating a significant number of tourism related jobs. I think I'm going to send a message to President Obama. It seems a good political issue now. Next step, a USA based retirement visa targeted at Thai sexpats?

Edited by Jingthing

Again I will repeat

She understands that she needs a visa

What upsets her is while her daughter can apply over the internet

she must fly all the way to Sydney

stay over night

have a 1 on 1 interview

and fly home again

Yet her daughter just fills out a form on the internet, and they send her a visa

Sounds like your wife is just jealous of her daughter, tell her to get over it ;)

Your comment shows a real ignorance of Thailand culture

And back on planet earth, I hope the OP's situation reflects tit-for-tat. You mess with US citizens, we mess with Thai citizens. I have, for a long time, thought that tit-for-tat would cause positive changes to Thailand's immigration rules. Now they think what they are doing has no consequences attached. They may be mistaken on this one.

So you think Thai females make the immigration laws

Get real my friend

the OP's Thai National Wife had to "Jump Thru the Hoops" to get a Visa and PR for Australia, but now the OP and his wife say the US is Discriminating ?

Yhaaa... Auzzie Land didn't require her to have an in person interview, background checks, medical clearances... on and on ........

If she wants the same privilages as an Auzzie, get her an Auzzie Passport.

Double talk :rolleyes:

Have to really laugh at the OP's analysis of Hawaiian Sand being shipped in.

At no time did I say that America is discrimating, you have twisted my words as this is my Thai wifes opinion

When she first came to Australia she had to go through this formality, but it she feels that the US Immigration do not approve of the Australian Immigration

Seeing so many Americans turned around oat the airports I guess it is as you say tit for tat

Read you geography books on Hawaii

Just show her craiglist posts from thais in the personal or meet me sections in america.

Ask her what her governement would do if americans were to come over thailand and do the same thing?

She'll get it.

You miss the point

She does not live in Thailand

But is a long time Australian resident

And back on planet earth, I hope the OP's situation reflects tit-for-tat. You mess with US citizens, we mess with Thai citizens. I have, for a long time, thought that tit-for-tat would cause positive changes to Thailand's immigration rules. Now they think what they are doing has no consequences attached. They may be mistaken on this one.

Get real my friend

Actually I never said that. You said it, not me. Thailand is a male-dominated society, but there are females in govt. who do make rules. One, I think, is the PM :) Whatever, if they are going to continue to screw us with crazy visa rule changes it is time they received the same special treatment. They appear to think only they can play the game. What goes around comes around.

Just show her craiglist posts from thais in the personal or meet me sections in america.

Ask her what her governement would do if americans were to come over thailand and do the same thing?

She'll get it.

You miss the point

But she has a Thai passport and obviously still has the Thai attitude and mentality by the sounds of it....

JH

What do you think the reasons are that they are wary of Thai females and therefore put them through a strict screening process?

And are you saying that policies should be reciprocal? If thats the case then Americans should be allowed to own land in Thailand as Thais are allowed to own land in the US.

I actually agree with the Thai policy of not allowing foreigners to allow land.

It is one of the things that really annoys people in the West - that wealthy foreigners are able to buy large chunks of the country.

Good for the Thais!

Imagine a law allowing falang to own a small plot of land for a house and garden. No one is asking to buy the whole country and this argument holds no water...Whatever perceived problem could be addressed so simply as to write the law to solve the imaginative problem.

Edited by bunta71

She'll get it.

You miss the point

She's not an australian resident if shes not using her australian passport. That makes no sense.. No matter how long i stay in thailand i'll still use my canadian passport. thats how it works and if i wanted to be restricted than id adhere to the country and become hated by the rest of the world. If she cant understand such simple fact you're bullshitting about her business and she's just an other Lek or Nok.

My gf has gone to hard to get into countries with me and she still has to see those evil officers. Nobody's mad at anyone, its a good way to keep as much bad element in their own sandbox.

My God.

Your wife sounds like a nightmare.

I feel sorry for you.

Or you may say living in the West to a Thai is a Nighmare

No matter how hard you work and try to be a better person you will always be seen as

JUST A THAI

Do not feel sorry for me, I have a good wife who is trying to make a go in a world that looks down on all that do not match their requirements

She has learnt a new word

DISCRIMINATION

I think Thais use this frequently against Farangs in Thailand. So she should not complain too much.

And she is 1 of many that are on the western side and says that discrimination is wrong

I have seen her stand up for a complete stranger who was being ripped after having a meal

But we should not allow Thais to improve

They should all be judged as one

Sorry I do not share your ideas

Get real my friend

Actually I never said that. You said it, not me. Thailand is a male-dominated society, but there are females in govt. who do make rules. One, I think, is the PM :) Whatever, if they are going to continue to screw us with crazy visa rule changes it is time they received the same special treatment. They appear to think only they can play the game. What goes around comes around.

An eye for an eye hey

There are many western men who I guess after you have had your fun with a Thai girl she is not worth much

Status Quo ???

She'll get it.

You miss the point

But she has a Thai passport and obviously still has the Thai attitude and mentality by the sounds of it....

JH

Unlike you I LOVE THAILAND AND ITS WAYs

She'll get it.

You miss the point

JH

Unlike you I LOVE THAILAND AND ITS WAYs

But you live in Australia in your million dollar home, can't love it that much???

JH

She'll get it.

You miss the point

She's not an australian resident if shes not using her australian passport. That makes no sense.. No matter how long i stay in thailand i'll still use my canadian passport. thats how it works and if i wanted to be restricted than id adhere to the country and become hated by the rest of the world. If she cant understand such simple fact you're bullshitting about her business and she's just an other Lek or Nok.

My gf has gone to hard to get into countries with me and she still has to see those evil officers. Nobody's mad at anyone, its a good way to keep as much bad element in their own sandbox.

"She's not an australian resident if shes not using her australian passport"

Are you guys for real ?????

My God.

I feel sorry for you.

No matter how hard you work and try to be a better person you will always be seen as

JUST A THAI

Do not feel sorry for me, I have a good wife who is trying to make a go in a world that looks down on all that do not match their requirements

You could add any number of nationalities here, Mexican / Indian / Bangladeshi / Philipino etc etc, it's not unique to Thai's, you and your wife need to get over it

JH

My God.

I feel sorry for you.

JUST A THAI

You just made my point

You could add any number of nationalities here, Mexican / Indian / Bangladeshi / Philipino etc etc, it's not unique to Thai's, you and your wife need to get over it

JH

I sympathize with the bother the OP's wife is dealing with, but I think this points to a bigger issue. The USA really IS hurting and with some PR promotion (weak dollar) and a major easing of tourist visa policies within reason, we could easily double the incoming international tourism creating a significant number of tourism related jobs. I think I'm going to send a message to President Obama. It seems a good political issue now. Next step, a USA based retirement visa targeted at Thai sexpats?

Not as long as the US g'ment is afraid the boogey man is going to get them, aka, Al Queda.

Sounds kinda suspect too me. My wife got a visa to the US with just a simple appointment that took like 2 min. She brought her paperwork and they stamped it good for 10 years. And that was BEFORE we were even married!

So I don't buy that at all.

Exactly. I've no idea why Western countries are so suspicious about Thai wives.

Are you the same age? If so it makes it even more incomprehensible that they could think it was a 'scam'.

Western countries are not "suspicious" of THai wives. It is all Thais who must apply for a visa, as is this case. And as the OP's wife has visited Europe, then she had to apply for a visa there, so this is not an American thing.

In fact, I am in Austria right now with my business partner. He is worth over 8 figures (in euros), yet has to apply for a Schengen on each and every trip here, while for the US, he has a 10-year multiple entry visa.