Tacographs

wandrinstar

I don't think mexican food is so popular here... Measuring the rate at which people eat a tortilla chip stuffed with meat and spices is not high on the general publics list of priorities... :ph34r::whistling:

Ok ok... For lorries - Some companies do use them. I have worked with some western companies who insist that local hire companies use tachometers / tachographs. One driver was fired after he was reported to have been speeding and the tachograph was checked. That's all it takes to pass along 'part of' the safety message....

In cars... I suspect we are a few years away from GPS's units in our cars being used as evidence when charged with speeding or being involved in an accident etc.

I don't think mexican food is so popular here... Measuring the rate at which people eat a tortilla chip stuffed with meat and spices is not high on the general publics list of priorities... :ph34r::whistling:

Ok ok... For lorries - Some companies do use them. I have worked with some western companies who insist that local hire companies use tachometers / tachographs. One driver was fired after he was reported to have been speeding and the tachograph was checked. That's all it takes to pass along 'part of' the safety message....

In cars... I suspect we are a few years away from GPS's units in our cars being used as evidence when charged with speeding or being involved in an accident etc.

Companies here. ?. They do have Centers for HGV drivers here ive seen severall, but what they do there i dont know. Our Drivers go rather quit if i ask. :D

GPS jammers are cheap enough, just ask the North Koreans.

I beleive that Linfox use these in TH.

Car Delivery People. ? Nice Trucks i think.. If i ran VIP Buses id fit em, no ifs or buts as to speed and hours.

Linfox have the Unilever contract, so deliver things like shampoo to Tesco.

Have never seen a bus that wouldn't do 140 given the oppty, so I think it's safe to say they're not fitted to these ;)

I've had tacographs in several work trucks (outside of Thailand) and they are basically useless.

Just go to the local electrontic's wizard and they can put a chip inside that will satisfy the parameter's and still allow you to drive like you just stole the vehicle and allow you to hand in/download a clean chart.

Not that I would do such a thing mind you. :ph34r:

I beleive that Linfox use these in TH.

Car Delivery People. ? Nice Trucks i think.. If i ran VIP Buses id fit em, no ifs or buts as to speed and hours.

the VIP busses usually cruise 120kmh, 30kmh over speed limit, as instructed by owners. To keep an acceptable travel time. If one driver calls sick last minute, one driver goes BKK- Phuket single in 11 hours.

a year or so ago, there was a bus/coach accident in Patong. Bhuddists on trip from CM to Phuket, nonstop with one driver, fell asleep on the hill to Patong, bus flipped

the VIP busses usually cruise 120kmh, 30kmh over speed limit

Ah the good old days? I remember once on the M6 trying to keep up with the "Express Bus to Glasgow" He was doing 105. That's mph not kph.

After 10 miles or so I couldn't stand the buzzing any more so I slowed down to about 85.