The Best Thing To Eat To Keep You Regular!

kenny999

also...check your diet against any medication that you may be taking that may cause constipation...all the fiber in the world won't help if regular medication plugs you up...check counter indications on the slip that comes with the drugs...

As a past poster said Yum Yum noodles does the trick, plus a very nice meal!!

also...check your diet against any medication that you may be taking that may cause constipation...all the fiber in the world won't help if regular medication plugs you up...check counter indications on the slip that comes with the drugs...

As a past poster said Yum Yum noodles does the trick, plus a very nice meal!!

but are there any counter indications on the packet cover?

• 1 year later...

Tamarind works for my wife, too, but her system is in very good condition so she doesn't really need it. But tamarind doesn't work at all for me. I used to think I had IBS but that's just a way for doctors to say they don't really know what's wrong. More recently I was diagnosed with candida overgrowth and now I'm mostly paleo. (Almost) no sugar, not much fructose, very little bread and rice (although I tolerate rice) and homemade sauerkraut twice a day. Some commercial brands have been cooked, which kills the probiotics, and then had lactic acid added to make it taste fermented. What a waste. Sauerkraut is the single best thing I can recommend. Oh, and water, first thing in the morning, two large glasses with half a lime to alkalize. And I read that Italians are among the top three countries in colon health due to eating lots of uncooked olive oil. That also works for me. If I fry, I usually fry in a little water and add the olive oil afterwards to avoid turning amazingly healthy oil into toxic gunk. And ivy gourd (I forget the Thai name). It a creeper vine that grows like a weed in my back yard. It's eaten as a bland soup. Have it for dinner and the next morning you'll be amazed how 'productive" you are.

• Like 1

Tamarind works for my wife, too, but her system is in very good condition so she doesn't really need it. But tamarind doesn't work at all for me. I used to think I had IBS but that's just a way for doctors to say they don't really know what's wrong. More recently I was diagnosed with candida overgrowth and now I'm mostly paleo. (Almost) no sugar, not much fructose, very little bread and rice (although I tolerate rice) and homemade sauerkraut twice a day. Some commercial brands have been cooked, which kills the probiotics, and then had lactic acid added to make it taste fermented. What a waste. Sauerkraut is the single best thing I can recommend. Oh, and water, first thing in the morning, two large glasses with half a lime to alkalize. And I read that Italians are among the top three countries in colon health due to eating lots of uncooked olive oil. That also works for me. If I fry, I usually fry in a little water and add the olive oil afterwards to avoid turning amazingly healthy oil into toxic gunk. And ivy gourd (I forget the Thai name). It a creeper vine that grows like a weed in my back yard. It's eaten as a bland soup. Have it for dinner and the next morning you'll be amazed how 'productive" you are.

me too digging mostly Paleo. more muscle. less body fat

At lot of the stuff that Paleo rules out are foods like grains, legumes which irritate a lot of people which causes them to evacuate faster.

I would just up you magnesium intake with a capsule here or there. Older one gets then need a little more magnesium which promotes tissue relaxation and good antioxidant

At lot of the stuff that Paleo rules out are foods like grains, legumes which irritate a lot of people which causes them to evacuate faster.

I would just up you magnesium intake with a capsule here or there. Older one gets then need a little more magnesium which promotes tissue relaxation and good antioxidant

Alright! Another paleoist. About a week ago I started taking NAC and alpha lipoic acid and I have more energy, ability to concentrate, and can breathe more easily because my excess mucous can be expelled effortlessly. And I think I'm actually eating less, perhaps due to the ALA regulating my blood glucose, not that I had a problem with that. Could my glutathione levels have gone up this fast? I don't know but I'm going to keep taking these two. As for magnesium, I'm still ignorant about it. Should I take it with zinc or anything else? Thanks I've also been taking astaxanthin for sun tolerance, another powerful antioxidant.

Alright! Another paleoist. About a week ago I started taking NAC and alpha lipoic acid and I have more energy, ability to concentrate, and can breathe more easily because my excess mucous can be expelled effortlessly. And I think I'm actually eating less, perhaps due to the ALA regulating my blood glucose, not that I had a problem with that. Could my glutathione levels have gone up this fast? I don't know but I'm going to keep taking these two. As for magnesium, I'm still ignorant about it. Should I take it with zinc or anything else? Thanks I've also been taking astaxanthin for sun tolerance, another powerful antioxidant.

Play around with the magnesium dose. It's supposed to be second most common deficiency after Vit D.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

Probably a good idea to try to tune the high magnesium foods into the diet as a base.

What's interesting with taking the capsules is that it really regulates the speed of the transit

One pony and trap once a week?? id go to the hospital and insist on an eneama, [sorry,spelling] a good colon flush is in need here i reckon, all that waste stuck inside you cant be good for your lower body, get the stuff cleaned out then take up a better diet, now Thailand is warming up a bit, water is a ness,

You can sprout your beans or lacto-ferment the beans or sprouted beans for added vitamins, probiotics and added nourishment. Soy beans are cheap and best fermented with a soil bacteria Bacillus Natto.

You can buy the culture as a powered or use purchased Natto at a Japan grocery store. The bacteria is soil based and is very gut friendly and is Natto is used to prevent diarrhea. Its is also used to make several types of anti-biotics.

You can ferment it in a yogurt maker. Yogurt is also a good probiotic and can be made from Soy milk to turn it into a very nourishing product as unfermented soy is really not good for you.

Soy sauce is fermented too as is fish sauce. Vegetables are easy to lacto ferment too and I simply use a plastic bucket to ferment in light brine solution as you do making Saurkraut or Kimche.

I can Skype pdf books to anyone interested in learning. Rural Thai can also teach you other ways to ferment your food for good health. There is a Thai verson of Natto that you can use as a starter called Thuanao Thau-nao. as it used the same bacterium. Having these good bugs in your gut will prevent a lot of Traveler's Diarrhea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natt%C5%8D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_subtilis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natt%C5%8D

http://foodandnutritionmag.org/The-History-and-Health-Benefits-of-Fermented-Food

Edited by tampasailor

• 2 weeks later...

Friendship market in Pattaya, at the back in the milk area, has some Russian Kefir (like yougurt) drinks, mix it with some milk. It's the only place in Pattaya that has Kefir, it's very good for you

and also seems to keep everyone I know that drinks it, including myself, regular and healthy.

They seem to run out though very fast, shipment comes in around 3pm.

http://youqueen.com/life/health/3-reasons-why-kefir-is-good-for-you/

Edited by oakweb

Oatmeal, though i never ever in my life had a problem. But i do notice if i eat oatmeal its even more regular then normal. Also caffeine will help some people.

Oatmeal is great and will keep you regular. If you cook make yourself some bean soup and freeze it, make lots. Any kind of beans and lentils, put loads of different types in. As other have said drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruit.