Visa And Procedure Advice

It seems the visa regulations have changed again/got stricter and would appreciate some advice on the feasibility of the following;

My plan:

I am from the UK and will take a ONE WAY flight to BKK and gain the 30 day permission of stay. I will stay with my girlfriend and look for work immediately. I already have an interview so hopefully the 30 day on arrival should suffice. I then hope to change the visa to a non-B up at Changwattana (if this is still permitted).

Can I change the 30 permission of stay on arrival to a non-B upon finding employment? or is it necessary to get a 60 day tourist visa while in the UK? Would a one way flight be acceptable??

Thanks for your help TV people.

A return flight is not required for entry and is not a requirement for boarding flights per IATA regulations. Where it is sometimes required is for visa issue at Consulate but normally that is only for third country nationals and not asked of those in home country.

A return flight is not required for entry and is not a requirement for boarding flights per IATA regulations. Where it is sometimes required is for visa issue at Consulate but normally that is only for third country nationals and not asked of those in home country.

Thanks Lopburi

You need to have a guaranteed job before applying for a Non Immigrant B visa, as you require a stack full of papers from the Company employing you.

I don't have a job yet, apparently I am to use a tourist visa for looking for work and then change to non-B upon gaining employment (with employer papers and via the vientiane Thai embassy fun and games routine). Please let me know if you know differently.

Thanks Lopburi

You need to have a guaranteed job before applying for a Non Immigrant B visa, as you require a stack full of papers from the Company employing you.

I don't have a job yet, apparently I am to use a tourist visa for looking for work and then change to non-B upon gaining employment (with employer papers and via the vientiane Thai embassy fun and games routine). Please let me know if you know differently.

This is what you wrote in the original post:

Can I change the 30 permission of stay on arrival to a non-B upon finding employment? or is it necessary to get a 60 day tourist visa while in the UK? Would a one way flight be acceptable??

That is why I said you need a job, by reading the above you were thinking of changing to a Non Imm to find work, this was why I made my comment, maybe a little misunderstanding by both sides.

As you correctly assume in your last post, you can change when you have the job and the necessary paperwork, however, because the rules seem to change about how long on a Tourist visa you should have left before changing to a Non Immigrant B Visa, I would suggest getting one outside of Thailand but you would need the WP 3 (this is the receipt given to you when you and your company apply for your work permit, which can be done with you holding a Tourist Visa).

Thanks Lopburi

you may require at least 60 day visa as the correspondence and red tape for a work permit can take quite some time at the employment centre in BKK during my recent process I had to have an additional 30 days added

Hello,

entering Thailand without a visa on a one way ticket. To my knowledge this is not possible, tried it once with Emirates from Frankfurt and it took me a hell of a time to convince the Emirates staff at checking in that my plan was to continue my journey from Thailand into Malaysia by land and to continue to trevel from there into Indonesia and where ever I end up in Indonesia I would book my return ticket back to Europe. After about 1 hours discussion with the emirates staff and discussions among themself they let me on the plane.

Another time flying out from Frankfurt to BKK without a visa on a one way flight I asked my Thai wife to book me a flight with air asia from BKK to Penang Malaysia, the same problem, expecting a return ticket back to Frankfurt it took me a long time to be alowed on the plane. With a visa there are no problems with a one way ticket. But where apliyng for a visa when over Sonkran all embassies are closed wordwide. To my knowledge only Thailand is asking for this even though I was never asked to show my return/onward ticket at immigration in BKK.

BTW, the first try with Emirates, it was not true that I wanted to continue my journey to Malaysia and Indonesia, the second try with onward flight to Penang Malaysia, I threw my ticket away after passing BKK imigration, 1300 Baht and the flight from Fra to BKK was only 99 Euro then, nearly 50 baht to the Euro back then, 5000 Baht a bargain with a charter airline from Germany and only 1 flight available for this price. Could not wait of course for the embassy in Frankfurt reopens after Sonkran, would have missed that flight.

Otherwise I would strongly recoment to make a visa when planning to fly to Thailand on a one way visa

also sounds like this job you have lined up is a scam. it is quite typical for dodgy english schools to suck you in to teach illegally on a tourist visa. the scam goes like this. first visa they are preparing your visa, next visa you apply in penang - they screw up paperwork purposely. next visa something else. finally, they screw you on the money about the time you wise up that you should not be working on tourist visas. they got a cheap teacher w/o need for proper visa. you - got screwed and took a whole lot of risk.

teaching english in thailand is rarely profitable. you also need a certificate and a degree.

if you are not teaching - good luck. no idea what sort of great job you have lined up from thousands of miles away.