Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

Hi Tywais,Great information - thnxs.

You posted a while ago so hope you are still 'out there'.

Has anyone had a problem getting to the actual WEB page to get a queue number?

I get to the WEB site OK but when I click on the 'Queue On Line VISA Extension' button I get a message :-

Still here. ;) I saw that problem and mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. After you click on it and you see that message click on the 'Thai' language and the page will then show the queue correctly. Appears they made a major change to their main page and it still has bugs.

post-566-0-50912900-1324219462_thumb.jpg

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How far in advance can you book an appointment? I've got to renew my retirement visa in the middle of February but only see a calendar for December with no options for making an appointment for January or beyond. I thought I read somewhere where someone did make an appointment a couple of months in advance so I wonder how that is possible.

How far in advance can you book an appointment? I've got to renew my retirement visa in the middle of February but only see a calendar for December with no options for making an appointment for January or beyond. I thought I read somewhere where someone did make an appointment a couple of months in advance so I wonder how that is possible.

On the top bar of the calendar move the mouse over the left or right side and a block will show allowing you to move forward or backward by a month/click.

post-566-0-89561100-1324343949_thumb.jpg

Used the online booking for extension to my retirement visa today.Appointment was for 1pm and on the dot was called up. Intial paperwork took 10 minutes max, waited for the stamp and return of passport for 30 minutes, so 40 minutes in total, and given a tasteful, book mark with a Happy Christmas message, complete with a reminder about 90 day reporting and details of their web site on the reverse.

Booked our online appointment for retirement visa extension back in October. The booking system is (or was) straightforward, and the service was fast and simple at our interview today. In previous years there were a couple of officious old stooges who used to fret over any tiny anomaly (like the WIFE holding the bank account!). Our Immigration Officer today was urbane, cool, and incredibly efficient. Well done, Chiang Mai Immigration.

Update on 90 day reporting.

Passing at lunchtime,12.20pm had read they were doing 90 day reporting between 12 & 1, they no longer are,at least that is what I was told today but you never know.

Anyway,went back in at 3.47pm and out at 3.50pm all done no ticket-nobody there but lots of staff!

• 2 weeks later...

It would be best to check with Immigration first in terms of the process of changing from Tourist to Non Imm. In mid 2009 I wanted to change from Tourist to get a Non Imm(Marriage). I contacted CM Immigration and they told me I could do it through them. However, when I got there they told me I had to either go to the Main Office in Bangkok or leave the country. I ended up having to go all the way to Bangkok twice as they gave me duff info on the phone - even the website was wrong. I've learnt to take literally every piece of official paperwork I have, regardless of how relevant I think it will be. I got three months on a Non Imm and they told me to go to CM Immigration to get the 1 year extension before the expiry date. I did that and went to CM and a month after the submission I got my 1 year extension; I've been getting the annual extension ever since. The only difference I can see is that with you looking for the retirement option then you should get your 1 year extension on submission to CM and not have to wait for a month or so as I had to.

It would be best to check with Immigration first in terms of the process of changing from Tourist to Non Imm. In mid 2009 I wanted to change from Tourist to get a Non Imm(Marriage). I contacted CM Immigration and they told me I could do it through them. However, when I got there they told me I had to either go to the Main Office in Bangkok or leave the country. I ended up having to go all the way to Bangkok twice as they gave me duff info on the phone - even the website was wrong. I've learnt to take literally every piece of official paperwork I have, regardless of how relevant I think it will be. I got three months on a Non Imm and they told me to go to CM Immigration to get the 1 year extension before the expiry date. I did that and went to CM and a month after the submission I got my 1 year extension; I've been getting the annual extension ever since. The only difference I can see is that with you looking for the retirement option then you should get your 1 year extension on submission to CM and not have to wait for a month or so as I had to.

You can extend a "tourist visa" or "30-day visa exempt" status to an O visa for the purpose of retirement at CM Immigration without jumping thru all the hoops required for a "marriage visa". And yes, it would be appropriate to use the on-line queue system for the appointment to start down that road, but it may not be practical given that the on-line appointments fill up 4 - 6 weeks in advance. Once Wimpy has the new 90-day O visa, s/he should visit the Immigration website ASAP to set up an appointment to obtain the 12-month extension due to retirement during the final 30 days of life of that 90 day O visa.

I get to the WEB site OK but when I click on the 'Queue On Line VISA Extension' button I get a message :-

Still here. wink.gif I saw that problem and mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. After you click on it and you see that message click on the 'Thai' language and the page will then show the queue correctly. Appears they made a major change to their main page and it still has bugs.

Thanks to those that clarified it. Strange that when you click on the "Thai language" option, you get it in English!

However, the web site information page on 90 day report only has info in Thai, and the English language button does not change it.

I need to do a 90 day report, so lucky I came on here, rather than just going to the web site, as I would have booked online, not knowing that it's not for 90 day reports.

While some say to go after 3pm, I'd rather go early. How early do you have to be to beat the queue?

I have checked the web site and it doesn't say what time the office opens. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Still here. wink.gif I saw that problem and mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. After you click on it and you see that message click on the 'Thai' language and the page will then show the queue correctly. Appears they made a major change to their main page and it still has bugs.

Thanks to those that clarified it. Strange that when you click on the "Thai language" option, you get it in English!

However, the web site information page on 90 day report only has info in Thai, and the English language button does not change it.

I need to do a 90 day report, so lucky I came on here, rather than just going to the web site, as I would have booked online, not knowing that it's not for 90 day reports.

While some say to go after 3pm, I'd rather go early. How early do you have to be to beat the queue?

I have checked the web site and it doesn't say what time the office opens. Anyone know?

Thanks.

I went last week and arrived before 7 a.m. I was number 18 in the sign in book. I ended up number 5 for the 90 day report.

As for when they open, you can guess from what I said... I was there about 6:50 a.m. and I was 18th in the outside sign in book.

MSPain

I have tried a number of times to access the online booking using Goggle and I E. In both cases ...I get a notice saying the page is not accessable.....any ideas??

Have you clicked on the Thai language option at the top of the page?

Strange...still T.I.S... I suppose. Entered the site,chose the Thai version and let Google translate it. Made my appointment for retirement extension for November...it was accepted...que number given....printed it off.

Just a point to watch.

I have Trend Titanium security program,when I access the Chiang Mai Immigration site the program throws up the warning that the site is known for malware.

I chose to ignore the warning but then carried out a securityscan just to be sure......no problems reported.

I went last week and arrived before 7 a.m. I was number 18 in the sign in book. I ended up number 5 for the 90 day report.

As for when they open, you can guess from what I said... I was there about 6:50 a.m. and I was 18th in the outside sign in book.

MSPain

I was there yesterday .Arrived at 5.50 am and was number 13 on an unofficial list .The first person signed on at 4.40 am .Somebody came at 6 am and put the official sighn book on the door .Even going that early i was not seen till the afternoon for an extension of my retirement visa .

MSPain

I was there yesterday .Arrived at 5.50 am and was number 13 on an unofficial list .The first person signed on at 4.40 am .Somebody came at 6 am and put the official sighn book on the door .Even going that early i was not seen till the afternoon for an extension of my retirement visa .

Then surely thats a reason to use the internet booking approach for your next extension

MSPain

Then surely thats a reason to use the internet booking approach for your next extension

I would think it's THE reason to use the online booking system for visa renewal!

>>I would think it's THE reason to use the online booking system for visa renewal!<<

I tryied that and it was booked out for the whole month of January .The online system may be good if you book far enough ahead .I only found out about online booking last week .

>>I would think it's THE reason to use the online booking system for visa renewal!<<

I tryied that and it was booked out for the whole month of January .The online system may be good if you book far enough ahead .I only found out about online booking last week .

Book now for same time next year and avoid the hassle! jap.gif

I tried to book a date today for March but the calander on the site only showed Jan., I could not see how to forward the calander to Mar., tried to type my date in the bar but was instructed to choose date from calander. What to do?

I tried to book a date today for March but the calander on the site only showed Jan., I could not see how to forward the calander to Mar., tried to type my date in the bar but was instructed to choose date from calander. What to do?

It's hidden to the right of the Month bar. Just put your mouse over to the right and it will become visible.

post-566-0-30935500-1327214853_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I booked an appointment on-line to renew my one year retirement visa. I had all the documents in order along with the American Consulate letter confirming my monthly income. I signed in at the front desk and was called about 20 minutes after my appointed time slot. I was never asked to show any additional proof of income although I did have that in case they would ask. It took an hour an a half to finish the process. The on-line appointment system is a big improvement over showing up early in the morning and spending the day at immigration. Hopefully, there are plans in the future to expand immigration and add more staff to process these one year visas.

I went to CM Immigration for an appointment at 10 am Tuesday. I showed the confirmation print-out to the queue ticket guy and he said they'd call my name. Promptly at 10 am, I showed confirmation print-out to the gal who normally hands out passports once the extensions are approved. She stands in the center counter, behind a sign that says "information". She said to have a seat, they'd call my name.

No one called my name, so at 10:25 am I showed the print-out to the same gal, pointing to the time listed for my appointment. I was pleasant and smiling. She looked at the clock, then at the printout and looked shocked. She said "moment please. I ask my boss" and went running off to the guy in the desk on the far right, up against the wall. He came and looked at a list (apparently of the day's appointments) and at my printout, shaking his head.

He saw me within three minutes and processed the retirement visa extension without a word said. No small talk; no questions about my bank balance. Never did find out if my reservation "fell thru the cracks". I wish I had checked on the delay earlier, but I didn't want to appear pushy.

I went to CM Immigration for an appointment at 10 am Tuesday. I showed the confirmation print-out to the queue ticket guy and he said they'd call my name. Promptly at 10 am, I showed confirmation print-out to the gal who normally hands out passports once the extensions are approved. She stands in the center counter, behind a sign that says "information". She said to have a seat, they'd call my name.

No one called my name, so at 10:25 am I showed the print-out to the same gal, pointing to the time listed for my appointment. I was pleasant and smiling. She looked at the clock, then at the printout and looked shocked. She said "moment please. I ask my boss" and went running off to the guy in the desk on the far right, up against the wall. He came and looked at a list (apparently of the day's appointments) and at my printout, shaking his head.

He saw me within three minutes and processed the retirement visa extension without a word said. No small talk; no questions about my bank balance. Never did find out if my reservation "fell thru the cracks". I wish I had checked on the delay earlier, but I didn't want to appear pushy.

excellent!

I went to CM Immigration tuesday last week, 6:05 in the morning, two sleeping asian girls at the door, no book, i scrounged a dodgy piece of paper and put a borrowed table in front of the door and started a list.

Someone came with keys at 7:15 ... there was a dozen souls outside but she didn't bring the appointment book out.

Both sides of my piece of paper (and the margins) were full of numbers and names

08:10 the door opened ... there was quite a crowd rushing for numbers inside.....

Despite being number one I wasn't called for over an hour.

Strangely after my paperwork was completed half the room was empty.

I'm thinking of doing the 90 day by mail next time but otherwise show up around 11am.

The office needs relocating to the hang dong site where they do the driving licenses.and put a number issuing machine outside.

I went to CM Immigration tuesday last week, 6:05 in the morning, two sleeping asian girls at the door, no book, i scrounged a dodgy piece of paper and put a borrowed table in front of the door and started a list.

Someone came with keys at 7:15 ... there was a dozen souls outside but she didn't bring the appointment book out.

Both sides of my piece of paper (and the margins) were full of numbers and names

08:10 the door opened ... there was quite a crowd rushing for numbers inside.....

Despite being number one I wasn't called for over an hour.

Strangely after my paperwork was completed half the room was empty.

I'm thinking of doing the 90 day by mail next time but otherwise show up around 11am.

The office needs relocating to the hang dong site where they do the driving licenses.and put a number issuing machine outside.

It is far, far too small an office to deal with what it needs to do and that is obvious. They keep talking about 'Amazing Thailand' and come here and then make it as difficult as possible. To be fair there have been improvements but the system is at breaking point.

The first thing to do is SCRAP 90 day reporting which is a waste of time and SAVE 1000s man hours and queue time rather than relocate.

• Like 1

I've got nothing but praise for the system.....9am appointment this morning for a 1 year visa extension, called up at 9:05, handed in the required documents, walked out again at 09:45 with passport. By far the quickest turnaround I've had at immigration for many years.