Tax Accountant Needed For Us Citizen

Hello,

I am a US citizen working here in Thaialnd with a work permit. I am part owner of the company. We have a Thai accountant who does all our Thai tax forms, filings, etc. However, I still must file in the US, and am looking for someone who has experience in preparing a Thai return for a US citizen, as well as providing my US CPA with all the info he needs to file my US return.

Anyone with good, first-hand experiences out there?

Thanks so much in advance.

I don't know anyone who will do both Thai and US tax returns; I know that neither Rooney nor myself do.

Also, if your US CPA is not familiar with the expat rules, he may not be able to prepare a US tax return correctly. Over the years, I've seen a lot of returns prepared by otherwise competent accountants that had the expat portion wrong. Sometimes the errors were in the taxpayer's favor and sometimes not.

I don't know anyone who will do both Thai and US tax returns; I know that neither Rooney nor myself do.

Also, if your US CPA is not familiar with the expat rules, he may not be able to prepare a US tax return correctly. Over the years, I've seen a lot of returns prepared by otherwise competent accountants that had the expat portion wrong. Sometimes the errors were in the taxpayer's favor and sometimes not.

Hi Lanny,

Actually, I previously lived abroad in Europe, I had someone in Europe do my required tax return there, and then they forwarded the info to my US accountant who did my US taxes. My CPA in the US has got a pretty good handle on it.

I'm just looking for someone to help out on this end - to do my Thai return and then provide my US CPA with the info he needs.

Thanks

if it's for US tax return only I've dealt with Mr Rooney and TAXPLAN as long ago as 2003 and he/they offer a good service...recommended...gave me expert guidance after not having done a US tax return in 15 years (didn't know that I hadta as permanent expat with no ties to US except for passport...man, was I wrong...)

if it's for US tax return only I've dealt with Mr Rooney and TAXPLAN as long ago as 2003 and he/they offer a good service...recommended...gave me expert guidance after not having done a US tax return in 15 years (didn't know that I hadta as permanent expat with no ties to US except for passport...man, was I wrong...)

Yikes, I bet the IRS doesn't forget so easily!

So, if I am getting paid by a Thai company, in THB, on a work permit, I need to file a Thai tax return, correct? I know for certain I need to file still in the US.

Thanks.

Can anyone confirm.....

If I am getting paid by a Thai company, in THB, on a work permit, do I need to file a Thai tax return??? (I am certain that as a US citizen, I am required to file in the US at least)

Thanks.

Edited by jsgatse

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lanny,

Are you a CPA who does Thai tax returns for US citizens?

Thanks,

Hi Lanny,

Actually, I previously lived abroad in Europe, I had someone in Europe do my required tax return there, and then they forwarded the info to my US accountant who did my US taxes. My CPA in the US has got a pretty good handle on it.

I'm just looking for someone to help out on this end - to do my Thai return and then provide my US CPA with the info he needs.

Thanks

Hi Lanny,

Thanks