No Electricity 21/09/11

samui543

16:00 and my staff have just informed me after hearing the speaker truck of YET ANOTHER power cut from 8am - 4pm tomorrow (21/09/11) on the lake road- Bar ice road from ring road to chaweng beach.

This has happened one Day EVERY week now for at least 3 months! The second time this week- the last being on monday.

Am never one to winge but surely working through the night would bring the LEAST disruption to businesses and now very annoyed tenants!!

Is this for the new works - those brand new pavements?

I sympathise with the electric problem. But I must admit I find it somewhat amusing that these fancy new pavements for pedestrians have trees in them every couple of metres, meaning that whilst you are kept nice and shaded, you have to jump out into the road and the traffic every 5 seconds.

They seem to be doing some wholesale upgrading along the road. Where there was 30 wires before there only seems to be 3 now.

Also they did keep working late into the night on Monday (and still working early today when I went out) after the power had come back on.

It's a massive pain in the arse, but I'm assuming they need daylight for whatever they are doing. That said I've no electrical knowledge whatsoever so that may be wrong, it might just be easier to do in the day.

Whilst it is a right pain to have so many recent power cuts along that road (my office is there), it does give me a reason to stay home :rolleyes: But is certainly must be a having an affect on some people's businesses there.

The trees every 10m is just a joke. Just planted and they are touching cables already. not to mention as previously stated they are right in the middle of the footpath.

And the kerbs they are doing only seem to make that entire stretch of road narrower. Which is already resulting in holdups when you get someone parked.

I know they have nothing but good intentions but.....

Whilst it is a right pain to have so many recent power cuts along that road (my office is there), it does give me a reason to stay home :rolleyes: But is certainly must be a having an affect on some people's businesses there.

The trees every 10m is just a joke. Just planted and they are touching cables already. not to mention as previously stated they are right in the middle of the footpath.

And the kerbs they are doing only seem to make that entire stretch of road narrower. Which is already resulting in holdups when you get someone parked.

I know they have nothing but good intentions but.....

i had a good look at the trees on the new pavement on way home- pure genius! :clap2: yes i am all for improvement motorcrosser- but jesus wet the bed- lets do a job properly. Maybe though the trees will have nearer the top life jackets for when the flood waters rise and rise. news in- 7-11 have just got planning permission for tree hut stores along the route. phew.............

Premier Sports Bar in Bangrak opposite the Samui Mermaid resort would like all to know that during electricity cuts we have a generator, so no need to

sit home in the dark wondering when the electric is back on, get yourself down and watch all the sports or listen to music whilst relaxing with a nice cold beer.

During the 3 day power cuts in march we had 22 mobile phones on charge at one point. (free of charge)

I'm in the same area! I know your pain!

I don't mind as much when you know there is no power the next day so you can prepare charge laptop/phone etc but when you just wake up and wonder why the a/c is not working its a bad start to the day.

Any word on any more cuts this week?

No heard anything today.

It's a pain for me cos I can have a full battery but no wifi from my condo so it limits what I can do.

I actually dont mind the planned outages as you know its for upgrades which is progress.

I looked at the tress today, ooks like you can get round the back of em no jump in the road.

Premier Sports Bar in Bangrak opposite the Samui Mermaid resort would like all to know that during electricity cuts we have a generator, so no need to

sit home in the dark wondering when the electric is back on, get yourself down and watch all the sports or listen to music whilst relaxing with a nice cold beer.

During the 3 day power cuts in march we had 22 mobile phones on charge at one point. (free of charge)

Just so long as the beer fridge was still working!!! rolleyes.gif

Just so long as the beer fridge was still working!!! rolleyes.gif

We recently invested in a new generator and it's an upgrade on our previous one, more KVA's and a BIG petrol tank, so no worries the beer will be cold cold cold.