Fifa World Cup Playoff: Australia Vs Uruguay

lambous

Hi everyone,

As most of you know Australia faces Uruguary in the 1st leg this Sunday morning (BKK time) and then again for the 2nd leg Wednesday evening.

I am desperate to catch these 2 matches as I'm sure others in Bangkok are too. Unfortunately I have seen nothing advertised here as to which channel is broadcasting the match or any venue here that is showing it.

Does anyone have any knowledge on where I can catch these games?

Hey,

Just wanted to add a "me too". Can't find any details of where it's on.

I can still remember vividly crying like a baby 4 years ago on my couch at 7am in the morning and not to mention Melbourne 4 years before that.

SBS will have a live radio feed at

http://www9.sbs.com.au/radio/language.php?...anguage=Spanish

But it's in Spanish! ..

Been reading a Singpore Expat forum and seems nobody down there has confirmed that they are showing the matches either. If their is no change they are all planning to cross the border into Malaysia and watch as Astro supersport is a Malaysian channel. (Astro is the equivalent of UBC in Thailand)

Kickoff has been changed to 3AM BKK time, will the Office be open then?? ABC Asia pacific have confirmed that they cannot show it live but may be able to show delayed coverage as they were unable to secure the rights to broadcast the matches in most Asia - Pacific nations.

I am hoping that one of the Thai channels are showing it. Their is a good chance they could be if no one else is. Will have to check the TV guide in the Bangkok Post tomorrow.

If that fails, the hotel down the road from me has Astro Supersports and they offer 200 Baht short time rooms for 3 hours.

Managed to catch the game on Sunday morning. Would be tragic to miss the decider on wednesday.

A few mates are snooping around trying to figure out where to watch it, at this stage there are no venues definitely showing it. The Office is sppears to be showing cricket, cant get through to the Bus Stop.

Anyone else got any ideas?

ck

Guys,

Any Foxtel bar or BskyB will show the soccer for sure!

Are you sure?

We could not find it listed on their guides. It is going to be a tight squeeze getting there by 4:00 from work (esp considering it is loi katong today) and i really dont want to trek around town missing the first half of the game.

OK

I just spoke to the Bus Stop bar (Suk Soi 4) and they said that they are showing it. They said that they had received a lot of calls showing interest. Having said that the woman I spoke to did not sound totally convinced that she knew what she was talking about.

I will be there.

Go Australia!!!!!

OK

I just spoke to the Bus Stop bar (Suk Soi 4) and they said that they are showing it. They said that they had received a lot of calls showing interest. Having said that the woman I spoke to did not sound totally convinced that she knew what she was talking about.

I will be there.

Go Australia!!!!!

Sweet!!.

See you down there!

Cmon Aussie

Really? Congrats to all the Ozzies on TV. Since i am an Ozzie resident then i will be cheering them on when they play England. :D  :D

Jock, us English, wouldn't expect anything else from a true scot :D:D

In fact, i bet when the time comes, you will have a bit of German, Italian, Spanish and even French in you, depending who we are playing :o:D

Edited by mrbojangles

:D:D:D

Well done boys :D

From The Age:-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenes of jubilation that will go into Australian sporting history. The players thank the fans, all 82,698 of them, and the crowd reciprocates. Everything seems gold. This is the biggest moemknt in Australian sport since Cathyr Freeman's win at the 2000 Olympics.

On balance, the Socceroos were clearly the better team and deserved their victory, even if it came via penalties. Now is the time for celebration.

There are many months of preparation ahead, but for now, Australian soccer should rejoice, making the world stage for the first time since 1972.

And given the quality of this team, they will be highly competitive. Uruguay are a world class team, and now, without any fear of contradiction, Australians can now say of their Socceroos, that they, finally, are also world class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you next Year.

Hope you do better than in 1974 in West Germany BTW :o

GROUP A

Jun 14 Berlin West Germany v Chile 1-0

Jun 14 Hamburg East Germany v Australia 2-0

Jun 18 Hamburg West Germany v Australia 3-0

Jun 18 Berlin Chile v East Germany 1-1

Jun 22 Berlin Australia v Chile 0-0

Jun 22 Hamburg East Germany v West Germany 1-0

P W D L Gls Pts

EAST GERMANY 3 2 1 0 4-1 5

WEST GERMANY 3 2 0 1 4-1 4

Chile 3 0 2 1 1-2 2

Australia 3 0 1 2 0-5 1

:D:D:D

Edited by Kan Win

these play-offs all went very well !!!! Now I am sure we will have a great WC next year in my home country:

AUSSIE's beat URUS - Urus known to maltreat opponent's bones, Aussie play the British style (TOUGH but hearty) thats good, and they won't bring HOOLS....

the SWISS made it in Istanbul against the Turks (while I was at Istanbul airport departure and transit area watching the game with hundreds of enthusiastic and then disappointed Turks) - streets in German big cities will be more safe with no Turk teens starting brawls after their games - the Turks showed their real face and what is their way of "fair play" after the final whistle of the game against Switzerland (and will now hopefully face harsh penalties)

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO made it against Bahrain - sorry Bahrain, but newcomers TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO will bring a much more colourful spot to the WC, and I am sure their supporters will spread party-mood everywhere they go rather than fightings and brawls...