Thai Rak Thai Party Asks For Public Help

Jai Dee

THAI RAK THAI PARTY ASKS PUBLIC TO JOINTLY MONITOR SONTHI LIMTHONGKUL'S GROUP

The Thai Rak Thai Party has asked the public to jointly monitor the behavior of media tycoon SONTHI LIMTHONGKUL (สนธิ ลิ้มทองกุล) and his anti-prime minister group, who were, according to the party spokesperson, trying to rally a take-down of the government.

Deputy Thai Rak Thai spokesman JATUPHORN PHROMPHAN (จตุพร พรหมพันธุ์) said Manager Newspaper founder SONTHI LIMTHONGKUL's hosting of his 'Thailand weekly' program showed an attempt to foster hatred of the government in the mass media, where facts presented to the public were distorted. He cited for examples the topics of the CIA secret prison, the appointment of the auditor-general, and the allegation that the prime minister was preparing to sell shares in his company to flee to a foreign country, all of which were discussed in Mr. SONTHI's program.

As for the bombing of the Manager Newspaper building, the vice spokesperson said he did not believe the government would 'commit suicide' by triggering the attention of the press.

Mr. JATUPHORN also noted that the many people who shared Mr. SONTHI's ideology would gradually expose themselves, and therefore he would like the public to help monitor the group as it was up to a scheme to get 50,000 people to sign a petition to impeach the prime minister.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 November 2005

Stalin also, encouraged children to spy on their parents. Sign of a paronoid regime!

Sign of a desperate regime!

you know things can't be going well when they try to ban opinion polls and then get people to spy on each other :D

A sinking ship I do believe :o

And unless things are sorted down south I doubt it'll be three years..........

Edited by womble

• 2 weeks later...
They should call it the HomeLand Security Hotline

Between Bush and Thaksin, they seem to be a big competition to become the worst of the "phony" leaders. Maybe we could ask Kim Il Jong to join.

What's your interest in Kim Il Butterfly? :o

He's a teenager sucking his thumb compared to the other two you mentioned. :D

Edited by zzap

Between Bush and Thaksin, they seem to be a big competition to become the worst of the "phony" leaders. Maybe we could ask Kim Il Jong to join.

What's your interest in Kim Il Butterfly? :o

He's a teenager sucking his thumb compared to the other two you mentioned. :D

My bad, you are right. He is harmless :D

Butterfy - no worries mate only 3yrs to go and you can find smth new to complain about! :o

Don't worry, plenty of "desperate" dictators in this world. Blair is next on my list. We need to get rid of that little turd (I do like him though) :D

Butterfy - no worries mate only 3yrs to go and you can find smth new to complain about! :D

Don't worry, plenty of "desperate" dictators in this world. Blair is next on my list. We need to get rid of that little turd (I do like him though) :D

Both Bush/Blair are nice lads - I'd have a few with them anytime! :o

Edited by britmaveric

And here I have been tinking of Thailand as a democratic country witth a leader elected by the people.

Perhaps that is how it started but it sure looks different today.

If you happen to live in Isaan you would know that his position was made possible not by popularity but by bought/baht. The Puyai Ban tells everyone who to vote for while passing out the cash & t-shirts. :o

Bloody May (1992), Darkest October 16 (1973), and October 6, 1976 (The Killing Field) were all started up like this. Hundreds of thousand of people were on the Radchadumnern Rd. asking for democacy. Many of them were systematically killed by the soldiers. Their stories have never been told through Thai textbooks. Every government pretends these events never took places.

This is what I suspect the history will repeat itself once again.

Golf

If you happen to live in Isaan you would know that his position was made possible not by popularity but by bought/baht. The Puyai Ban tells everyone who to vote for while passing out the cash & t-shirts.  :o

So after taking the spoils, they can now oust him and get a new chance for another round.

Edited by rstrauss

And here I have been tinking of Thailand as a democratic country witth a leader elected by the people.

Perhaps that is how it started but it sure looks different today.

This is all so sad, all this covering up is taking from his time to make other deals. What is it now 60 to 70% of his time is spent covering up. Sounds reactive and not proactive. I agree downfall is coming before 3 years. Telling people what to think what to do and how to do it all to distract and coverup.

Bloody May (1992), Darkest October 16 (1973), and October 6, 1976 (The Killing Field) were all started up like this.  Hundreds of thousand of people were on the Radchadumnern Rd. asking for democacy.  Many of them were systematically killed by the soldiers.  Their stories have never been told through Thai textbooks.  Every government pretends these events never took places.

Golf

Your prophesy may be coming close to reality Golf.

Have a look at the latest developments in this thread. :o

Bloody May (1992), Darkest October 16 (1973), and October 6, 1976 (The Killing Field) were all started up like this.  Hundreds of thousand of people were on the Radchadumnern Rd. asking for democacy.  Many of them were systematically killed by the soldiers.  Their stories have never been told through Thai textbooks.  Every government pretends these events never took places.

Golf

Your prophesy may be coming close to reality Golf.

Have a look at the latest developments in this thread. :o

Yeah, that was how it get started. freedom of press and freedom of speach are nothing to Thai government. I was in Bloody May riot in '92, but left the protest just half an hour before it got nasty. I was lucky! otherwise it would be me laying down with a bullet in my head.

Golf

Any got any good sources for these events ["Bloody May (1992), Darkest October 16 (1973), and October 6, 1976 (The Killing Field)"]? Finding it here [in Thailand] seems a little bit hard and anyone [local] I ask just say that they aren't interested or knows anything about it...

Your prophesy

Whose "prophesy"?

The "prophesy" that Sondhi has been inciting with public demonstrations for the past 5 weeks?

The "prophesy" that the general Thai public, who shrug off political scandals every day of their life and barely raise an eyebrow over billions misspent on airport equipment, will suddenly get really really upset over an alleged single misuse of a military plane by the PM's daughter, and similar petty nonsense?

The "prophesy" that there might be a coup, which is being announced by the media a week in advance, and yet will somehow reflect the mood of the Thai people which will just happen to reach boiling point tomorrow afternoon in Lumpini, to everyone's undoubted carefully-rehearsed dismay?

Which of course is nothing to do with the fact that the word "coup" is being screamed by the press, despite their apparent lack of freedom?

And we will be asked to believe that this will have happened because the Thai people were seeking justice, and not due to the manipulations of politicians' business interests. And the idealists would put Sondhi/Ekayuth's sponsored candidate into power. And somehow, a coup led by a "media personality", against a leader elected by the majority, would be a victory for democracy? You SHEEP.

Any got any good sources for these events ["Bloody May (1992), Darkest October 16 (1973), and October 6, 1976 (The Killing Field)"]? Finding it here [in Thailand] seems a little bit hard and anyone [local] I ask just say that they aren't interested or knows anything about it...

Interesting personal account of May 92, from a farang resident, here.

INTERIOR MINISTER TOLD GOVERNORS TO LOOK OUT FOR SUPPORTERS OF SONTHI LIMTHONGKUL

The Interior Minister, Air Chief Marshal Kongsak Wanthana (คงศักดิ์ วันทนา), has ordered the governors of all provinces to monitor the movements of Mr. Sonthi Limthongkul's (สนธิ ลิ้มทองกุล) supporters who will gather tomorrow in support of Manager Newspaper founder Sonthi Limthongkul, as he fear that third parties may try to provoke chaos.

Yesterday at the Criminal Court in Bangkok, Mr. Thana Benjathikul (ธนา เบญจาธิกุล), who is Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's lawyer, filed criminal lawsuits against Mr. Sonthi and Ms. Sarocha Phorn_udomsak (สโรชา พรอุดมศักดิ์), the two hosts of the Thailand Weekly talk show. Mr. Thana asserted that the filing was in the interest of protecting personal rights, and was not a move to intimidate the media. The first hearing on this case is scheduled for the 6th of March next year.

In the meantime, Ms. Sarocha yesterday went to court to request revocation of a court order banning her and Mr. Sonthi from making damaging comments about the prime minister. The court will hear her appeal today.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 24 November 2005

It was a former student leader from those days who spread rumors of a coup yesterday, Poomtam something, now a Cabinet member. I guess he realises now how it feels - thousands of people rallying against you and your government. Scared like a little shit, conspiracies everywhere, next thing he'll ask for machine guns and helicopters.

Taksin's power base is too strong for any sudden changes to take place. For every thousand at the show there is a million who don't care one way or another.

over ayear ago in surin a few of us were havin a chat with an english and a dutch chap who lived there, and the topic of conversation got round to thier contingency plans if a certain v.vip passes away. and the direction of the country in general.

at the time we thought they were just being dramatic, but toxin and his cronies with complete and utter power would seem dangerous. :o

it could be dictorship if not at the very least chairman :D

what a horrible thought