Mentally Unstable German Found Walking Naked In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could a thread be started again to see where the guy is now and what his immediate needs are?

Surely a temporary passport and a 1 way flight to Germany and straight to a psychiatric hospital, im guessing itll mean a few days in a Thai prison though until its sorted as people on here wont be in a position to offer assistance even if they wanted to.

Could a thread be started again to see where the guy is now and what his immediate needs are?

Surely a temporary passport and a 1 way flight to Germany and straight to a psychiatric hospital, im guessing itll mean a few days in a Thai prison though until its sorted as people on here wont be in a position to offer assistance even if they wanted to.

They need to find out his Identity, and if he has family back in Germany who are willing to pay for his ticket home, without this he is stuck, as the Embassy cannot and will not help.

The only other alternative is for him to take a loan from the Embassy (not sure if that is the correct wording), which is deducted from his future pension or money he gets from the Sozialamt.

I personally saw the German consul in Soi Yensabai about this guy a few weeks ago. He told me that he would do what he could, but nothing seemed to come of it. So either way the German authorities in Thailand have definitely known about him since then.

I dont know what Immigration did with him, but he was back in his usual place outside 7/11 in Soi Diana this morning (Sept 22) at 11am.

He looked a lot worse today than he did a few days ago, and his clothes were badly torn.

so he has already been realeased back onto the streets? , so he must have a visa ? ........ maybe there is more to the story?

As I have previously stated in a thread about a friend of mine. The Police were called to arrest my friend, but although he had no passport or visa this was not an issue for the Police, as it is an Immigration matter. Maybe the Police just let him go.

Maybe the cops are worried that it might be another story like the one of the Brit who was tied to the bars in his cell, he was meant to be mentally unstable as well.

Edited by beano2274

despite all the moaners here.

Yes Guzzi, the rights even you (and the people as you) are enjoying, were surely achieved by keeping your mouth shut or perhaps by just giving a lick to the hands that is beating you up, well done! ....and then someone wonder how people like Berlusconi got in power and still hold strong there, here we are :lol:

hey guys enough of the French Connection United Kingdom please.

It does not matter where they are from, there are many of them, this guy just happened to grab the headlines. There is the guy at Mochit BTS, then the guy around Nana, maybe someone you know might land on hard times.

Embassies cannot help them, if they cannot help themselves.

Many are just a bounced check, mortage default, stressfull or life altering event from going down his road.

Mental illness is normally quick to become all consuming, and with no safety net Ie family or real friends out here Its a dangerous situation.

Hopefully this fellow will get some correct treatment and medication and be on his way back to recovery.

Thats sad. If he is truly mentally unstable nothing will help him except a return to Germany where he may get a disability pension however many countries wipe out your residency status after several years away so could be the end of the road for this guy.

as far as Germany is concerned there's no such thing like wiping out residency status or citizenship.

They need to find out his Identity, and if he has family back in Germany who are willing to pay for his ticket home, without this he is stuck, as the Embassy cannot and will not help.

The only other alternative is for him to take a loan from the Embassy (not sure if that is the correct wording), which is deducted from his future pension or money he gets from the Sozialamt.

the German Embassy not only can but is bound by law to help. issuing a provisional travel document (if ID papers lost), ticket to Germany and accomodation as well as sustenance allowance till the flight leaves.

correct is that he is supposed to pay back all advanced expenses.

sad to see...

I have seen a lot of lost souls in Thailand over the years - especially in Phuket

I can completely relate to how they end up this way

The last guy i met was an X Pilot and absolutely loaded with cash

He was living with his wife and her entire family had moved into the mansion

They were just blatently using him - and he knew it deep inside.

He was smoking over 100 a day, and drinking non stop - i know he was probably just a few months away from death.

But there we are...

Point being - The german guy burnt out cos his wife left him due to no money.

The guy i met - chose to die and had everything - yet just didnt feel it was worth living for...

How many people in germany (or any other western country) would have handed over money to help him?

Chalk one up for the generousity of the Thai people.

Everybody in europe knows that German people are not friendly and arrogant(this is a fact)and sure would not help him seeing him,

and yes walk away and not even bother.

What nonsense! Over a period of twenty years I visited Germany at least once a year and I never experienced anything but friendliness and hospitality.

Whit all respect.....what i said is a fact...and of course there are some....(nip noi)exeption's....but this is what a normal europian guy think of the arrogant german's.

As stated elsewhere, the Embassy are bound by certain laws to help him, however he must either request help or accept it when offered. They can't force him to do anything unless he is sectioned.

Please cease stating made up mythical expat dribble like "Embassies do nothing for these people" when their hands are as tied by rules and red tape as anyone's.

Cheers.

the German Embassy not only can but is bound by law to help. issuing a provisional travel document (if ID papers lost), ticket to Germany and accomodation as well as sustenance allowance till the flight leaves.

As I mentioned earlier, I personally saw the German consul about this chap a few weeks ago. He said he would do what he could, but that until the guy was arrested there wasn't much he could do.

But it seems that even once having been arrested there isn't much anyone can do (or wants to do?) as he was back on the streets the next day, without so much as a proper pair of shorts.

this chap was around the soi bakau area for most of the year if not back into the last year. famous for two things, his rudeness and having one shoe, slept in a side soi from soi diana.

Many people tried to help him with money.. one brit, a breakfast pal of mine, geve him a few hundred as he was going thru garbage. a few days later he returned with some newly laundered clothes and tried to give them to him.. " I dont want your *deleted* clothes I want your bloody money" was the quoted reply.

A sad state for anyone to be in for sure

Edited by metisdead
Expletive deleted.

If he manages to hit all the top tourist spots to work the people in those areas he can't be that crazy.

First time I have heard Soi Buakow called a "top tourist spot".

I enjoy it, but it isn't exactly a perfumed garden or a golden palace. :whistling:

Anyone who has seen the guy would realise that he is not one of the calculating rip-off artists that one sees daily on Beach Rd, asking for handouts and free cigarettes, or one of the guys that preys endlessly on tourists with stories of lost passports and robbery.

This guy is mentally ill and needs help. Why do people have so much trouble understanding this?

Edited by Darrel

Many people tried to help him with money.. one brit, a breakfast pal of mine, geve him a few hundred as he was going thru garbage. a few days later he returned with some newly laundered clothes and tried to give them to him.. " I dont want your *deleted* clothes I want your bloody money" was the quoted reply.

Precisely why I think the answer is not to give him money, as many have suggested.

He needs help.

so he has already been realeased back onto the streets? , so he must have a visa ? ........ maybe there is more to the story?

He is certainly back on the streets. I dont see how he could possibly have a valid visa, or indeed where he would keep his passport.

He is certainly back on the streets. I dont see how he could possibly have a valid visa, or indeed where he would keep his passport.

SO, the guy is most probably on overstay, and the BiB let him go?

I guess its obvious he hasnt any funds to pay fines so they just want to clean their hands of him? Terrible really. He probably would not last long in detention either but you would think the BiB would do something him just wandering around destittute. Even if they notified the German embassy or even Thai immigration

Edited by ozzieovaseas

If he manages to hit all the top tourist spots to work the people in those areas he can't be that crazy.

I enjoy it, but it isn't exactly a perfumed garden or a golden palace. :whistling:

Anyone who has seen the guy would realise that he is not one of the calculating rip-off artists that one sees daily on Beach Rd, asking for handouts and free cigarettes, or one of the guys that preys endlessly on tourists with stories of lost passports and robbery.

This guy is mentally ill and needs help. Why do people have so much trouble understanding this?

I am not qualified to help the mentally ill.

Institutional help is what is required and responsibility being taken by 'someone'. That someone cannot be an individual. I doubt the Thai authorities give a flying fart about their own mentally ill - let alone a German. Perhaps sadly, the German authorities do not want to know either - I have seen that happen before with one of their mentally ill citizens.

Perhaps cutting your wrists in your own embassy may be the only way to attract attention !

I can answer your question as to why (some but not all) people have trouble understanding. It is in a Pink Floyd tune called " On the turning away" Great song!

There's this great misconception that the police will scoop you up and put you in immigration prison if you don't have the required documents. This might be true if you are well dressed and with money (i.e easily corruptable, or potentially easy to get money from). Truth is if you are on the bones of your ass without anywhere to live then the police couldn't care less. The immigration authorites couldn't care less either. Too much hard work and no pay out. Let the farangs help the farangs, or the kind-hearted Thais looking for some karma. The embassy really don't care. The trouble is most of us when we reach this low don't want to be helped either. Sad situations like this take a miricle or a diaster to resolve.

all you guys sitting in your comfortable homes with your comfortable lives are just toooo comfortable, this sort of thing can happen to anyone, it doesn't take long for your life to unravel in the LOS, seen it happen and it's not pretty

I've seen it happen to a friend and its not pretty. But this guy's story has yet to be told if it will be at all.

Don't be too soft on him over all...its likely he has played a large part in his own degradation.

Don't be too soft on him over all...its likely he has played a large part in his own degradation.

That may be so, but what difference does it make?

Should we also not be concerned about someone who falls off a motorbike and hurts themselves? Or who gets into difficulty whilst swimming?

After all, they chose to be on the bike or to go into the water, and if they had remained a pedestrian on land the problem would never have arisen.

Having seen the guy close-up on several occasions, I am quite sure that he has more wrong with him than just being a drunk.